[Intro pricing extended] Available now: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

I have a linux setup for Kontakt, which due to OT 'stuff',
is set in Reaper to use just 1 core for audio processing.
It's a 3.4 ghz i7 core, and using SSST, I never noticed
any big cpu hit, 10-20% less than a basic Kontakt
with 3 or 4 sounds going.
The gui seems flawless in linux, OT, but a sign of
solid coding in my book.

I have a Fender GT modeling amp, which among the
120 sounds, has several where a high-gain monster mash
is on the dial next to a super clean tone, for easy A/B hearings.

Studio Live Room 2
Plate Spring/Plate 1
Dry 60%
Wet 90%

is one of many guitarish weet spots :hyper:
This has great sound, is versatile,
easy to use, and takes well to feeding
rythmic plugins, if the drummer is on a bender,
or let the sushi sit out overnight :scared: :hihi:
SSST should sell like hotcakes at a lodge breakfast 8)

Squids wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:22 am ...
If it's just a hobby, well I suppose that's different. Maybe it doesn't matter as much what you use. ...
Hey Dave, that's me & believe me, I need all the help I can get! :wink:

Purchased this last night after a brief demo on my laptop (i5 running W10 & Studio One 4). Really trying hard to curb my GAS this year but this sounds really special to me & I'm looking forward to running with it.

Squids wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:22 amI think the general consensus so far is actually that the plug-in sounds AMAZING so I'm not worried to hear some people don't.
As much as I like reading your informative and enthusiastic posts, I was like what the F this time around?!

How can one say something like that, not even half a day after the release, while most people in Europe, Africa and part of Asia were sleeping during that timeframe haha! :hihi:
Last edited by kj.metissage on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I used to be friends with a fish pedicure master from Taiwan whose legendary Dead Skin Studio was frequented by Kurt Cobain and David Carradine. I'd often bring fellow environmental engineers there after a grueling waste management session, and Dr. Chi-Hung sometimes threw in a complimentary Asian black magic session where we would commune with the spirits of the violently deceased. I've since moved, but I picked up on these necromancy skills well enough to keep regular contact with Kurt and David, and they directed me to this product by way of a spectral sandwich outside my door one morning. Inside the sandwich was a half-materialized post-it note and here I am.

Works wonderfully on car crash noises, processing train wreck sounds as we speak. The word from the dead has been that it compares quite favorably with the competition.

First time I've ever seen, or noticed, 'influencers' in a product announcement. And they talk about one of KVR's favourite poll choices: fish. :roll:
I like the product. My computer handles it fine, I like the sound. I am just not going to pay the asking price for it. I'll wait for it to go 80% off. Might be a long wait, but I'm good.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Squids wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:22 am I think the general consensus so far is actually that the plug-in sounds AMAZING so I'm not worried to hear some people don't. It's subjective. Most will find that it's anything but sterile. It's very vibrant and full of vibe. It has the character of this specific studio's ambience and that has its own signature sound. But, you either like that sound or you don't. So many artists have for decades and I can totally understand why both from working at the studio myself and then from having the ability to use some of the character in a reverb plug-in such as this.

Also, regarding CPU, I know everyone has their own budget limitations, but out of all the gear I've purchased over the years I finally focused a bit more on the computer and got a 12 core Mac Pro per Tom Lord-Alge's suggestion who did the same. I was trying to mix an album on my laptop (in fact I did and I kept reaching its limitations) and, after that frustrating experience, I finally just laid down the cash for a computer that will let me run as many tracks and native plug-ins as I'm likely to want to do. I can't even imagine choosing a plug-in just because it's less CPU intensive. The sound, to me, is king. Even if it took the entire CPU power to get a sound I liked I'd still use it and print it. But, nothing takes up that much power and this relatively speaking is not CPU intensive. It's about a third of what Tape Machines is and that too is a plug-in I would use because of its sound regardless of what CPU it takes.

At the end of the day, most of us just want the listener to hear the best sound. Efficiency and workflow is important though I agree... that's why I think it's so worth upgrading one's computer if they can afford it. I'd say if you're a professional musician who actually releases music commercially or gets hired to do music for things or sessions then it's really a must - an important cost of doing business to have a computer with enough CPU and Ram and HD speed to handle anything you throw at it.

If it's just a hobby, well I suppose that's different. Maybe it doesn't matter as much what you use. It depends on what aspect of plug-ins you love. If I was a hobbyist but a fan of any of the artists who recorded at this studio I'd probably just get it to be able to hear what I sound like playing my guitar through the same chamber Eddie Van Halen used and enjoy it for those kinds of things. But, this plug-in is not CPU intensive anyway. I'm just saying in general when there's a sound you DO like and it takes up some power... just make sure your computer can handle it all so you can enjoy all this stuff. That is if you're pro, semi-pro or a hobbyist who likes to collect and play with vintage virtual studio gear.
Well in the end its very subjective. I personaly like to keep most of stuff thats going to change un-rendered even tho i do commercial tracks and reverb is very important tool of getting around. And if it takes same CPU as other 30 synth plugins that are in the project id rather pass, unless it really has the sound i need or is very important :) in this case, Valhalla and Native instruments/softube RC48 gives me more pleasant sound + less CPU use, luckily for those i dont need to update my system :)

Squids wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:22 am I think the general consensus so far is actually that the plug-in sounds AMAZING so I'm not worried to hear some people don't. It's subjective. Most will find that it's anything but sterile. It's very vibrant and full of vibe. It has the character of this specific studio's ambience and that has its own signature sound. But, you either like that sound or you don't. So many artists have for decades and I can totally understand why both from working at the studio myself and then from having the ability to use some of the character in a reverb plug-in such as this.

Also, regarding CPU, I know everyone has their own budget limitations, but out of all the gear I've purchased over the years I finally focused a bit more on the computer and got a 12 core Mac Pro per Tom Lord-Alge's suggestion who did the same. I was trying to mix an album on my laptop (in fact I did and I kept reaching its limitations) and, after that frustrating experience, I finally just laid down the cash for a computer that will let me run as many tracks and native plug-ins as I'm likely to want to do. I can't even imagine choosing a plug-in just because it's less CPU intensive. The sound, to me, is king. Even if it took the entire CPU power to get a sound I liked I'd still use it and print it. But, nothing takes up that much power and this relatively speaking is not CPU intensive. It's about a third of what Tape Machines is and that too is a plug-in I would use because of its sound regardless of what CPU it takes.

At the end of the day, most of us just want the listener to hear the best sound. Efficiency and workflow is important though I agree... that's why I think it's so worth upgrading one's computer if they can afford it. I'd say if you're a professional musician who actually releases music commercially or gets hired to do music for things or sessions then it's really a must - an important cost of doing business to have a computer with enough CPU and Ram and HD speed to handle anything you throw at it.

If it's just a hobby, well I suppose that's different. Maybe it doesn't matter as much what you use. It depends on what aspect of plug-ins you love. If I was a hobbyist but a fan of any of the artists who recorded at this studio I'd probably just get it to be able to hear what I sound like playing my guitar through the same chamber Eddie Van Halen used and enjoy it for those kinds of things. But, this plug-in is not CPU intensive anyway. I'm just saying in general when there's a sound you DO like and it takes up some power... just make sure your computer can handle it all so you can enjoy all this stuff. That is if you're pro, semi-pro or a hobbyist who likes to collect and play with vintage virtual studio gear.
no offense squids but if a salesman gave me that pitch I would thank them, walk out the door and talk to someone who would listen to my needs...not attempt to define them based on their perception of my commitment level.

Just a hobby :dog:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'll start saving up for a 12-core Mac then.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Maybe someone from IK could give us a little insight into Volumetric Response Modeling (VRM™) ?

"An advanced hybrid convolution technique, to deliver the highest-quality reverb effects possible..." :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:25 pm Maybe someone from IK could give us a little insight into Volumetric Response Modeling (VRM™) ?

"An advanced hybrid convolution technique, to deliver the highest-quality reverb effects possible..."
VRM™ has been a proprietary technology we've used in our analog modeling long before T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb, notably with the Fender models in AmpliTube which is why they were regarded as being extremely responsive (hint there) amp models.

Edit - second question was removed I see.

Loving the chambers, spring and plates the most so far! Great job IK :)

For those who record/mix a lot of rock/pop etc this reverb will fit GREAT in a mix. Can’t see a downside to the reverb just yet.

9.5/10 for me on initial impressions.

Idk if it’s just my nostalgia for The Doors, Led Zeppelin and classic rock but these Chambers are the best I have heard in plug-in format. I didn’t really like Waves Abbey Chambers or Capitol from UAD. These are chambers I can really get into!!

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:25 pm Maybe someone from IK could give us a little insight into Volumetric Response Modeling (VRM™) ?
I could be way off but in my mind it's like Acustica's VVK (Vectorial Volterra Kernels) Technology, described from Paragraph 3 of this onwards - https://cdsoundmaster.com/neb/

And they wonder why IKM always gets in arguments...
Must be the forum members, right?
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

Return to “Effects”