Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Besterd. :P

Loophole closed.

My previous post was waaaay unpopular. Nice!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Forgotten wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:59 am KVR really should have thought this through better. Flying cocks up/down would certainly have been more appropriate.
I aim to please

chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:00 amBesterd. :P
weirdly this currently seems to be the only post in the past 5 pages with more likes than dislikes.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:29 pm ...I can understand it's value for youtube, etc ...
It only tells YouTube where the most activity is (for valuation of ads). Likes and dislikes on YouTube don’t do anything for the actual users (you know, the product Google is selling).

I’m assuming these controls do nothing here as well, short of tallying clicks/taps. I’m fact, it’s being played for laughs. I’m not one to say “typical KVR”... but... typical KVR 😅

The only place I see likes and dislikes do anything at all is on Bored Panda. Liked comments and posts float to the top. Disliked comments and posts sink, and greatly disliked comments are obscured under a “show comment” link. I actually like that system. It keeps trolls from having their BS immediately visible to people who don’t need to see it.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

recursive one wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:57 am
chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:37 am No, seriously, the way it is, the system just invites silly abuse. :)
Guess, what I just did :D

Btw I just tried to downwote my own posts too but it's no more possible :(
its ok, i did it for you :tu:

Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:09 pmThe only place I see likes and dislikes do anything at all is on Bored Panda. Liked comments and posts float to the top. Disliked comments and posts sink, and greatly disliked comments are obscured under a “show comment” link. I actually like that system. It keeps trolls from having their BS immediately visible to people who don’t need to see it.
Slashdot has had a self-moderation system since forever…

farlukar wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:16 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:09 pmThe only place I see likes and dislikes do anything at all is on Bored Panda. Liked comments and posts float to the top. Disliked comments and posts sink, and greatly disliked comments are obscured under a “show comment” link. I actually like that system. It keeps trolls from having their BS immediately visible to people who don’t need to see it.
That is genius at its finest (simple but effective).
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Make the dislike button an iLok logo. This is the only way I will consider this system acceptable. And make the like button a pic of Elton John.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:37 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:00 amBesterd. :P
weirdly this currently seems to be the only post in the past 5 pages with more likes than dislikes.
It didn't last long. Besterds.

farlukar wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:16 pm
Oh yeah, thanks for that note; I’d forgotten. OSNews is like that too, yes? And Reddit?

Thing is, relying on self-moderation is about as effective in terms of stopping bad behavior as “self regulation” in stopping corporations from endless abuses. Self-moderation partially hides the content, but does not affect the repeat offenders in any way (except maybe ego, which doesn’t seem to stop them either; they just start ranting about “free speech”, which doesn’t apply at all to privately owned forums anyway).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Vortifex wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:25 pm Make the dislike button an iLok logo. This is the only way I will consider this system acceptable. And make the like button a pic of Elton John.
I'm not prepared to thumb Elton.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

farlukar wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:28 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:59 am KVR really should have thought this through better. Flying cocks up/down would certainly have been more appropriate.
I aim to please
On my phone right now, but I know what the first thing I will do when I get in my laptop is... :hihi:

Vortifex wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:25 pm Make the dislike button an iLok logo. This is the only way I will consider this system acceptable. And make the like button a pic of Elton John.
Vortifex, I like the cut of your jib.
A well-behaved signature.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:39 pm
I'm not prepared to thumb Elton.
A little lube first then...?

Return to “Site Stuff”