Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quietzone wrote: ā†‘Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:38 pm Contacted support to see if they will be offering upgrade pricing.
Synth Anthology 2 came out in October 2016, so you may not see upgrade pricing now.

rockhopper wrote: ā†‘Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:44 pm
quietzone wrote: ā†‘Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:38 pm Contacted support to see if they will be offering upgrade pricing.
Synth Anthology 2 came out in October 2016, so you may not see upgrade pricing now.
But since SA 2 is on sale now, I would also recommend contacting UVI support for anyone interested. They might be kind enough for a special upgrade coupon during this short sale window. :)

Also, version 2 is so much better than 1 even if I just take into account the GUI. Definitely worth upgrading. :tu:

Is maybe version 3 on the way?

I've been getting into synths recently, and picked up Analogue Lab 4 a few months ago - discounted with my Minilab Mk2. Would Synth Antholgy 2 be worth acquiring as well... or, more of the same?... just noticed the sale because of this thread.

Thanks

Cartwheel wrote: ā†‘Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:35 am I've been getting into synths recently, and picked up Analogue Lab 4 a few months ago - discounted with my Minilab Mk2. Would Synth Antholgy 2 be worth acquiring as well... or, more of the same?... just noticed the sale because of this thread.

Thanks
Analog Lab and the Arturia plugins are based on circuit emulation tech and UVI's suites are largely based around sampled instruments. You get fewer of the synth controls to play with than V Collection, but probably as many if not more than Analog Lab. The sounds you do get are more 'authentic' to a point. Also there's very little overlap between the synths covered by Arturia and the Synth Anthology, the latter has sounds from a lot of newer synths and isn't just from machines over 20 years old.

What I would say is when the next sale comes round get your hands on the full V collection - it's really worth it if you want to explore the sounds the synths make rather than just ride presets. Or preferably, win the lottery and buy the actual hardware and employ full time staff to maintain them :)

ā€œAre you safe?ā€
"For nowā€¦ a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, WTG... I was looking at the V7, and almost bought it "used" here on KVR. Some of the newer synths to the collection, like Synthi V, were just too heavy on the CPU - sounded wicked, though!... I'll think about SA 2... have a few more days for the sale.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: ā†‘Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:05 pm
But since SA 2 is on sale now, I would also recommend contacting UVI support for anyone interested. They might be kind enough for a special upgrade coupon during this short sale window. :)

Also, version 2 is so much better than 1 even if I just take into account the GUI. Definitely worth upgrading. :tu:
I doubt any use contacting UVI, they have tradition of not giving any upgrade discounts, see e.g. the recent case VVV3.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=262178&p=7638001#p7638001

hivkorn wrote: ā†‘Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:36 am EVERY ANALOG OBSESSION Plugins are now free !!!
https://analogobsession.com/
Are the stompboxes good?

Harry_HH wrote: ā†‘Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:00 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: ā†‘Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:05 pm

I doubt any use contacting UVI, they have tradition of not giving any upgrade discounts, see e.g. the recent case VVV3.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=262178&p=7638001#p7638001
That's sad, I understand your disappointment. However, I got some good support from them for SA 2 upgrade last year.

Hopefully they will relook at their upgrade policy and try to make it more valuable and fair for everyone.

Harry_HH wrote: ā†‘Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:45 am
hivkorn wrote: ā†‘Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:36 am EVERY ANALOG OBSESSION Plugins are now free !!!
https://analogobsession.com/
Are the stompboxes good?
I have heard the plugins are extremely buggy...not worth the time to download. One is even being reported as having a virus (Harqules). YMMV.

Synth Anthology 2 is tempting but i might just wait for the JP Legacy to go on sale. I like those sounds.
šŸŒ Spotify šŸ”µ Soundcloud šŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Are there any IK Multimedia promo codes floating around right now? I want to get the new Sunset Sound reverb, but it's still just a little too much for my spending habits.

well. its on promo from 240 to 149. you could use jam points maybe to bring it down a notch.

i have a feeling if you can wait a few months, as it late summer, you might be able to get in on the crazy group deals. pretty sure Sunset sound will be part it.
šŸŒ Spotify šŸ”µ Soundcloud šŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: ā†‘Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:14 pm well. its on promo from 240 to 149. you could use jam points maybe to bring it down a notch.

i have a feeling if you can wait a few months, as it late summer, you might be able to get in on the crazy group deals. pretty sure Sunset sound will be part it.
If you need it now get it now because usually new products are not included in big promotions for the first year. A good example of this was the Brian may Apple to package not being part of the group by last time

Return to ā€œSell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)ā€