Hive 2.0 constantly getting stuck

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,

I've just purchased Hive 2.0 which I use in Reaper and out of all the U-He plugins this one constantly gets stuck ringing out notes. I have to remove/readd the plugin to get it to stop.

Is this a known issue or am I just a massive noob? By the way, what a bloody great synth. Kicking myself I didn't get it earlier.

You need to let the synth warm up for 30 minutes before usage :tu:

You will get stuck notes in Reaper when you switch the plugin off via the plugin activation checkmark field while playing notes. This way the plugin doesn't receive the note off events it needs to stop the currently playing notes. When you switch it back on, you will hear the stuck notes. That's a Reaper quirk.

Another way to produce notes that keep on playing is when double clicking on notes in Hive's graphical keyboard at the bottom. This is actually a feature. If you don't have a real keyboard, you can "hold" a note to hear something while you edit the parameters. Just single-click on another note to make it stop playing.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

I have the same problem, keeps getting stuck in all of my projects. I've barely had a chance to use any of my other synths :hihi:
Always Read the Manual!

I get stuck notes when using the typing keyboard piano in Studio One as well. Possibly related? It's odd to me that Hive is the only U-He plugin with this issue.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:02 am I get stuck notes when using the typing keyboard piano in Studio One as well. Possibly related?
That's not related, it seems to be a Studio One issue. As you can read int the linked thread, there are a number of bugs in the qwerty keyboard which can all lead to stuck notes, even with Studio One's own integrated plugins.
That said, we don't know what exactly is causing the stuck notes in Hive in connection with the qwerty keys, as we cannot reproduce it in the way users report it to happen (we tried it on multiple computers).

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=523390&p=7451035

Tasmaniandevil: I've checked the hive keyboard and it's not stuck down there. I seem to get the issue occurring frequently when I am playing a repeated loops and making changes on the fly. The loop will suddenly sound different so I'll hit stop and then realise one of my synths is stuck down.

Have tried enabling the "Flush FX on stop" option but it didn't resolve the issue. Next time it happens I'll try the solution found in this article ttps://www.reddit.com/r/Reaper/comments/8cy1cr ... s_forever/

hm. i get stuck notes with my roli + hive, but i mostly notice it with Hive, it seem to be the most often. i always blamed ROLI since it was the obvious choice and just assigned the default CC113 to it i think.
maybe i just play Hive too hard

Hi di0de,

you could also send me the Reaper project where this happens to support[at]u-he.com and I'll take a look.

Cheers,
Viktor

Thanks Viktor, I'll do that as soon as it occurs again.

Cheers

This becomes really annyoing. Get the stuck notes too... I encountered stucked notes from time to time, here and there with other u-he plugins aswell, but with Hive this is really bad.....as soon as I found a way to reproduce it, I will send a bug report.
Everyone knows more than I do...

Yes, please, if you find a reliable way to produce hanging notes, then contact support and let us know the details. This would be a great help for us.

If there is a bug in Hive, then we will do our best to find and fix it.
But please keep in mind that it's not always the plugin's fault.
A host (like Reaper) might not send note-off messages when doing certain operations.
Another host might use buggy tools (like the Studio One qwerty keyboard).
And there might be many other scenarios.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:21 pm A host (like Reaper) might not send note-off messages when doing certain operations.
Just a tip for Reaper users: there's an action called "Send note offs to all outputs/plugins" (it's basically a MIDI panic button) that I keep on the toolbar and also have bound to a keyboard shortcut (F3 over here). It's a wise thing to have one-click away in Reaper for just these reasons.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:26 pm Just a tip for Reaper users: there's an action called "Send note offs to all outputs/plugins" (it's basically a MIDI panic button) that I keep on the toolbar and also have bound to a keyboard shortcut (F3 over here). It's a wise thing to have one-click away in Reaper for just these reasons.
Thanks. This is very welcomed. :tu:
Everyone knows more than I do...

Hi di0de, hi operator,

any news on the stuck notes front? I'm playing Hive constantly and can't get any stuck notes, so whatever information you can send us is much appreciated. You mention it happens constantly so it shouldn't be too hard to maybe start a new project, hit record and play until it happens. You could then just send that project file over to us and we can take a look.
How about it?
Or does it not happen during recording/playback?

Viktor
u-he team

Return to “u-he”