February Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Vote on theme for February Contest

Poll ended at Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:04 pm

Cheesy or Lofi lounge/elevator music song challenge
29%
Groundhog day theme of repetition
50%
February 10 “National clean out your computer Day”
21%

Total votes: 14

RELATED
PRODUCTS

although squeezing it in with the rpm challemge might be tough :o

The first piece called this music out from my memory. The daxophone is no synth but an acoustic instrument.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8dG8adbOXQ

is it a saxophone with a cold?

:hihi:

ahhh that makes sense :tu:

Indeed

The Dax is so lively! quite unlike the dead score editor music I make.

may need an edit...
set up repetitious goings on on the noodles.
pressed record, it repeated, repeatedly, repeating repetitious repetitions, over and over.
then 72 mins later, remembered i wasnt just listening to an album...

My poor family, who are forced to overhear all my mixing projects, must think every song I do has this theme of repetition!
The finish line is in sight for me on this one. I have a few tweaks to make, and then let the mix sit for a couple days.

I do love the contest, as this was my first track that I've done multiple sessions on in the past few weeks.
A much needed excercise, that not only (in my ears) perfected the sounds, but also helped me to learn how to build, sculpt and moreso just simply enjoy working with sounds again!

I missed that a lot!

Anyways, final take with the functional, downloadable and correct title, et all is now available through the link in the submission thread.

in

maybe my piece is not repetitive enough, I dunno. H'Fog said however we wanted to interpret that. So I did :roll:
kind of a stoner piece from me using more of an "analog" approach to the GTRs and VOCs(tho I still hate my voice - whatever). Bass & drums are also just going for the analog vibe. I played around with several pad voices of the amazing Alchemy v.1.5 and dialed-in one that I just love. Operator is my other pretty GF of a synth in this one.

peace y'all
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Ohai.

I have decided to join the competition. See my post in the submission thread.

I need a waiver for the 3 minute length regulation.

Other than that, I'm ready for disqualification the voting round.

EatMe wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:54 pm Ohai.

I have decided to join the competition. See my post in the submission thread.

I need a waiver for the 3 minute length regulation.

Other than that, I'm ready for disqualification the voting round.

Sorry your track are way too long to get a waiver, would no be fair to the other participants.

Dear Vurt. I like the noises you made. We should collab sometime. (you may have noticed I like weird noises.)

Alright, points announced

Most music is about repeating patterns, so how to excellently express a theme of repetition with a medium that is naturally repetitive? I thought if someone would even compose a short fugue of two or three melody snippets that repeat and interact in counterpoint.

harvon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:10 pm Alright, points announced

Most music is about repeating patterns, so how to excellently express a theme of repetition with a medium that is naturally repetitive? I thought if someone would even compose a short fugue of two or three melody snippets that repeat and interact in counterpoint.
You voted on person that don't have any music "Spring Goose"

Everyone you need to vote on all the tracks.

Return to “Music Cafe”