Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
kevinsparks
KVRist
102 posts since 28 Jul, 2016

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Are there any IK Multimedia promo codes floating around right now? I want to get the new Sunset Sound reverb, but it's still just a little too much for my spending habits.

User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1591 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:14 pm

well. its on promo from 240 to 149. you could use jam points maybe to bring it down a notch.

i have a feeling if you can wait a few months, as it late summer, you might be able to get in on the crazy group deals. pretty sure Sunset sound will be part it.

InsertNameHere
KVRist
68 posts since 12 May, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:41 pm

telecode wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:14 pm
well. its on promo from 240 to 149. you could use jam points maybe to bring it down a notch.

i have a feeling if you can wait a few months, as it late summer, you might be able to get in on the crazy group deals. pretty sure Sunset sound will be part it.
If you need it now get it now because usually new products are not included in big promotions for the first year. A good example of this was the Brian may Apple to package not being part of the group by last time

User avatar
trager
KVRer
21 posts since 28 May, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:01 pm

IIRC... The Brian May pack was released when the 2019 group buy had already been running for a few weeks, so was not included in the promotion. The individual tape machines, on the other hand, were included despite only having been released two months earlier. If IK runS a T-RackS group buy thiS year and the new reverb is not included, I would expect it to be because the high price point makes it an awkward fit, rather than because of its release date. But who knows.

sl1914
KVRian
510 posts since 24 Feb, 2008

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:35 pm

Plugin Boutique has some really low prices on many products, at least from IzoTope
https://www.pluginboutique.com/search?q ... ses%5B%5D=

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4748 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:45 pm

sl1914 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:35 pm
Plugin Boutique has some really low prices on many products, at least from IzoTope
https://www.pluginboutique.com/search?q ... ses%5B%5D=
... and you get two AAS packs for free.

Ou_Tis
KVRian
525 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:48 pm

Wonder when the XLN Audio 50% off sale will be:

2019 Wednesday February 19
2018 Wednesday March 21
2017 Wednesday March 30

User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1591 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:40 pm

trager wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:01 pm
IIRC... The Brian May pack was released when the 2019 group buy had already been running for a few weeks, so was not included in the promotion. The individual tape machines, on the other hand, were included despite only having been released two months earlier. If IK runS a T-RackS group buy thiS year and the new reverb is not included, I would expect it to be because the high price point makes it an awkward fit, rather than because of its release date. But who knows.
i think Sunset will most probably be included in next group buy. IKM have weirdo artificially inflated prices. Think of the Lurssen mastering software -- yet that was in the group buy.

SHall1000
KVRist
340 posts since 13 May, 2015

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:36 am

Uncle E,
Why no UVI Synth Anthology 2 with the current discount on JRR?

quietzone
KVRist
306 posts since 19 Jun, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:14 am

Just heard back from UVI support. They gave me a voucher to upgrade to SA2 for $79. It's valid for a month.

Still thinking it isn't that great considering new users can buy SA2 for $89, but will demo and consider.

Does owning SA2 bring down the cost of VV3? Anyone know by how much? If it does it's certainly more appealing to upgrade.

SHall1000
KVRist
340 posts since 13 May, 2015

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:25 am

Don’t think UVI do demos.

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
1747 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:06 am

quietzone wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:14 am
Does owning SA2 bring down the cost of VV3? Anyone know by how much? If it does it's certainly more appealing to upgrade.
Owning SA2 has no relation with VV3. So, don't buy it with that thought in mind.

I would suggest SA2 for two reasons: low price and better sound management rather than getting overwhelmed.

quietzone
KVRist
306 posts since 19 Jun, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:09 am

Thanks for the advice! :)

User avatar
WatchTheGuitar
KVRian
652 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:53 am

Asked Steinberg for a crossgrade from Omnisphere to Halion 6 last week (and provided proof).
The deal runs out today and they still haven't got back to me.

Guess they don't want the sale.

Incidentally, if Uncle E is reading this, how long would I be expected to wait to get a GForce license sorted?
I bought VMS + expansions on Friday, but no license email yet. There was a mention of being patient, but is that 2 days, a week, a month...?

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
11531 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:23 am

SHall1000 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:36 am
Uncle E,
Why no UVI Synth Anthology 2 with the current discount on JRR?
Thanks. I'll add it.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”