DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hi Moss, when using the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MKII script, the "Knob Speed Normal" setting isn't remembered when Bitwig is closed and reopened. The default speed is too fast.

Hi Moss,
I'm using DrivenByMoss 8.70 with Bitwig 3.2 and my Launchpad pro-2 (firmware version 182), on Windows 10.

I have two issues :

1) When I launch Bitwig, the controller tries to install itself automatically on the ports MIDIIN2 and MIDIIN3, but with these settings, the launchpad doesn't work. All the buttons stay unlit and unactive. To make it work, I have to manually force midi in/out to the first port of the launchpad. Then the launchpad starts to work as intended, but this has also the strange side effect of creating a second instance of the controller, which sets itself again to in/out ports 2. I have then to delete manually this second instance to avoid a complete mess.

2) In session mode, the volume, pan and Sends functions dont'work. For instance, when I press the "volume" button (on the lower button row) it changes its color to turquoise green and on the computer screen, the colored marks appear on the faders to indicate they are hardware-controlled, but the launchpad's main grid doesn't update to the faders layout and the 64 buttons are unactive until I press on "volume" again.

Any idea on how to solve these issues ?

Hi Moss,

First of all thanks a lot for writing this amazing extension to Bitwig Studio.

I want to try and control my BWS devices via OSC using Open Stage Control, but I'm confused about how I can map a widged (say, slider) to a specific parameter of a certain device. According to your wiki page those OSC parameters seem context-dependent, meaning that what they control depends on what device you have selected in BWS, is this true?

I want to be able to control my BWS devices similarly to how I'd do it if I would have mapped it via MIDI: Regardless of wherever I am in the BWS interface and regardless of whatever I have selected, only those parameters should be controlled by the MIDI controller that I have specifically mapped.

Is that possible using OSC?
((( ~ )))

Edrec wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:01 am Hi Moss, when using the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MKII script, the "Knob Speed Normal" setting isn't remembered when Bitwig is closed and reopened. The default speed is too fast.
Yes, already fixed and will be in the next update.

mru wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:55 pm Hi Moss,
I'm using DrivenByMoss 8.70 with Bitwig 3.2 and my Launchpad pro-2 (firmware version 182), on Windows 10.

I have two issues :

1) When I launch Bitwig, the controller tries to install itself automatically on the ports MIDIIN2 and MIDIIN3, but with these settings, the launchpad doesn't work. All the buttons stay unlit and unactive. To make it work, I have to manually force midi in/out to the first port of the launchpad. Then the launchpad starts to work as intended, but this has also the strange side effect of creating a second instance of the controller, which sets itself again to in/out ports 2. I have then to delete manually this second instance to avoid a complete mess.

2) In session mode, the volume, pan and Sends functions dont'work. For instance, when I press the "volume" button (on the lower button row) it changes its color to turquoise green and on the computer screen, the colored marks appear on the faders to indicate they are hardware-controlled, but the launchpad's main grid doesn't update to the faders layout and the 64 buttons are unactive until I press on "volume" again.

Any idea on how to solve these issues ?
Could it be that it is set to another MIDI channel than 1?

Hello everyone , my sister want to learn playing the Piano. I have the s88 komplete kontrol mk1 which i dont need anymore. The Problem is for my sister when she activate scale mode the light shows only at 61 keys not 88 keys. Maybe someone can fix that with an update. Also when recording the midi file in bitwig. The lightguide doesnt show up the midi notes. Edit: its a software issue it only runs with the komplete kontrol software. My sister use Linux by the way. Thats why i think she can use it in bitwig. Thank for your help in advance.

wavedigit wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:53 pm Hi Moss,

First of all thanks a lot for writing this amazing extension to Bitwig Studio.

I want to try and control my BWS devices via OSC using Open Stage Control, but I'm confused about how I can map a widged (say, slider) to a specific parameter of a certain device. According to your wiki page those OSC parameters seem context-dependent, meaning that what they control depends on what device you have selected in BWS, is this true?

I want to be able to control my BWS devices similarly to how I'd do it if I would have mapped it via MIDI: Regardless of wherever I am in the BWS interface and regardless of whatever I have selected, only those parameters should be controlled by the MIDI controller that I have specifically mapped.

Is that possible using OSC?
Yes, it is possible by using "user"-parameters. Seems I forgot to document them in the Wiki. I added them now:

https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... parameters
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... parameters

Also take a look at the Open Stage Control Template included in the DrivenByMoss download. It contains a page for controlling user parameters.

yabix wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:28 pm Hello everyone , my sister want to learn playing the Piano. I have the s88 komplete kontrol mk1 which i dont need anymore. The Problem is for my sister when she activate scale mode the light shows only at 61 keys not 88 keys. Maybe someone can fix that with an update. Also when recording the midi file in bitwig. The lightguide doesnt show up the midi notes. Edit: its a software issue it only runs with the komplete kontrol software. My sister use Linux by the way. Thats why i think she can use it in bitwig. Thank for your help in advance.
The Mk I should also work fine on Linux since I directly access it via USB.
I only have the 25 keys version for testing, so I cannot check the light guide for 88. But I took a look but could not spot any mistakes.

Version 8.80 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.1+.
  • All devices
    • Known Issue: If the audio engine is off also the controller does not work anymore. Because the MIDI processing is now running in the audio process, which means if there is no audio process, there is also no midi. Will be fixed in an upcoming Bitwig Studio version. Should be fixed in the next Bitwig update.
  • Akai APCmini
    • New: Change note length or create long notes in the Sequencers (Note, Drum) by pressing a note pad and then a pad right of it.
  • Akai APC40 / APC40mkII
    • New: Change note length or create long notes in the Sequencers (Note, Drum) by pressing a note pad and then a pad right of it.
    • New: Improved scrolling of browser columns
    • Fixed: Browser crashed when activated
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Added new function: **Clip: Quantize**
    • New: Added functions for note repeat
    • New: Added functions for transposing the keyboard
    • Fixed: Configured knob speed settings were not set on startup
  • Komplete Kontrol A-Series / M32
  • Launchpad
    • New: Virtual faders support 4 velocity steps (on all models)
    • New: Activates hardware play mode again when extension is stopped
    • New: Change note length or create long notes in the Sequencers (Note, Drum, Drum 4, Drum 8 ) by pressing a note pad and then a pad right of it.
    • New: Launchpad Pro: Duplicate notes in Drum 4 and Drum 8 sequencers
    • Fixed: Color of front LED was wrong when mode was changed
    • Fixed: Cursor left was not lit correctly in Drum 4 and Drum 8 mode
  • OSC
    • Known Issue: Receive port is not set correctly on startup (1024). Therefore, the extension crashes and is currently not usable! Should be fixed in the next Bitwig update.
    • New: Check for lower port bound (1024)
    • New: Check that send and receive ports are different
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Change note length or create long notes in the Sequencers (Note, Drum, Drum 4, Drum 8 ) by pressing a note pad and then a pad right of it.
    • Fixed: Master mode only showed up shortly when Master volume knob was touched
Enjoy!

Hey moss :-)

I want to add a vote for the Lanuchpad Pro MKIII - my girlfriend just got one and it's great.
First Launchpad I really like :-)

Thanks for everything you do!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Thanks for the new version and your continuous support. The new Clip: Quantize and note length for the LP sounds interesting.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:48 pm Hey moss :-)

I want to add a vote for the Lanuchpad Pro MKIII - my girlfriend just got one and it's great.
First Launchpad I really like :-)

Thanks for everything you do!

Tom
Have you used it with DrivenByMoss yet?
I spoke to Moss on the "Bitwig Users Group" on Facebook and he said that he himself still doesn't own one (thus there isn't support in DrivenByMoss yet.)

Has it worked at all for you in "Generic Flexi" mode with a custom mode created in Components?

I didn't try that.
ATM we're using it as a "keyboard" with one of my own scripts.
Works great with everything that doesn't need an explicit script - it does a lot on it's own, especially the 4 independent sequencers are great. We don't do much cliplaunching anyway, it's used more as an instrument here, very sensitive pads, poly AT...
I could write a script myself but first wanted to see if one is planned :-)
Generic Flexi overwhelmend me on first look, I may give it another try though if no native script is planned.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Can you share your script?
I've been seriously thinking of switching from Ableton to Bitwig and using a Launchpad Pro Mk3 for control.

Like I said, it's just a keyboard script, it doesn't do anything Launchpad specific.

Return to “Controller Scripting”