Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

David wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:32 pm Any plans for a MIDI-Out external-instrument-type feature in Unify, so I can, eg, access the Mac's IAC Driver (or some similar free PC utility) and send MIDI FX out from Unify stand-alone to DAW-specific instruments (Sculpture, Operator, etc.) at the same time as to Unify-loadable plugins?
We hope to add something like this to the Unify stand-alone app in the future.

We released a small update for our Synth Motions Vol.1 library, every costumer can find the free update in his download folder on our website.

https://www.particular-sound.de/wordpre ... nify-v1-1/
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

I notice this is 25% off at JRR Shop however upon launch you made it very clear “it was never to go on sale”.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

$59 is the sale price until March 1.
After that, $79 never ever to go on sale.

^^^
The price I see at JRRShop is $59. That is also the Introductory Price (until March 15) at PluginGuru.com.
Unify is $59 until March 15th, 2020, then it will sell for $79.
. The "will never be on sale" clause is no longer there, so you could could wait for a sale, but don't hold your breath. And you would be missing out on loads of fun before then.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That's the intro price so not discounted as such

Ref mono Latch is this useful mainly for live sessions ? As I tried at weekend in Cubase recording using it and got in a right mess as depending on when you start or stop playback if a recording unify just keeps going on forever - as gets the start of latch but not the end of the latch

DarkStar wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:12 am ^^^
The price I see at JRRShop is $59. That is also the Introductory Price (until March 15) at PluginGuru.com.
Unify is $59 until March 15th, 2020, then it will sell for $79.
. The "will never be on sale" clause is no longer there, so you could could wait for a sale, but don't hold your breath. And you would be missing out on loads of fun before then.
Oh :oops:

Thanks for correcting me 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Times are obviously difficult to sell audio software...

Just installed the 64 bit version and have a quick installation question. The Read Me states that "The Unify Standard Library, which contains the standard Patches and Samples, is a separate download—a single large file called Unify Standard Library.guru. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do so now, because you’ll need it shortly after you start Unify for the first time. You’ll also need the smaller file Unify Basics.guru, which you’ll find in the same zip archive as this READ ME file. . . .The very first time you run Unify, a series of instruction windows will appear, to guide you through the process of activating the software (using the license key from your purchase receipt), then installing first the Unify Basics and finally the Unify Standard Library."

While the installer did, in fact, ask me where to install the Standard Library, I was never asked about the Unify Basics library. Is this installed automatically now? Or, do I simply place this file in the same "Libraries" folder where the standard library is located?

bharris22 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:09 pm Just installed the 64 bit version and have a quick installation question. The Read Me states that "The Unify Standard Library, which contains the standard Patches and Samples, is a separate download—a single large file called Unify Standard Library.guru. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do so now, because you’ll need it shortly after you start Unify for the first time. You’ll also need the smaller file Unify Basics.guru, which you’ll find in the same zip archive as this READ ME file. . . .The very first time you run Unify, a series of instruction windows will appear, to guide you through the process of activating the software (using the license key from your purchase receipt), then installing first the Unify Basics and finally the Unify Standard Library."

While the installer did, in fact, ask me where to install the Standard Library, I was never asked about the Unify Basics library. Is this installed automatically now? Or, do I simply place this file in the same "Libraries" folder where the standard library is located?
We're in the midst of releasing an update, so I'm not sure which version you have. We are moving to a newer setup procedure where the two older .guru files are now "unified" into a single one called Unify Factory Content.

PLEASE read the README.rtf file that came with your installer. It explains that Unify will ask you to locate .guru files one at a time (only one in the latest version, two in earlier versions). DO NOT put them in the Libraries folder. They are basically renamed ZIP files, and Unify will unzip their contents into the correct folders automatically when you select them during the setup procedure.

If you are having any trouble setting up, please contact UnifySupport@PlugInGuru.com and we'll sort you out. It's not practical to do here, because everyone's case is different.

UNIFY Demo has arrived. Now, you can try before you buy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghbD4QqvkCg

Link to the demo here: https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-demo/
Last edited by tony10000 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Musical Gym wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:05 am $59 is the sale price until March 1.
It's automatically reduced to $49 when you put it in the cart at audiodeluxe.com thanks to some magic coupon. Not that $10 is a big deal but at least I feel a bit foolish now for believing I got the best price for being an early adopter when I should have waited a few days, but that's life. Like someone said, it's difficult to sell audio software...

victoria wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:01 pm
Musical Gym wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:05 am $59 is the sale price until March 1.
It's automatically reduced to $49 when you put it in the cart at audiodeluxe.com thanks to some magic coupon. Not that $10 is a big deal but at least I feel a bit foolish now for believing I got the best price for being an early adopter when I should have waited a few days, but that's life. Like someone said, it's difficult to sell audio software...
The date has been extended to 3/15 so folks that download the demo have more time to decide:

"Unify is $59 until March 15th, 2020, then it will sell for $79."

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/

What's the link for the demo? I'm not gonna watch a 30 minute video for that. And there's no link in the description either.

This modus operandi is really annoying.

Return to “Instruments”