Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
getdunne
KVRist
127 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:49 am

David wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:32 am
Any plans for a MIDI-Out external-instrument-type feature in Unify, so I can, eg, access the Mac's IAC Driver (or some similar free PC utility) and send MIDI FX out from Unify stand-alone to DAW-specific instruments (Sculpture, Operator, etc.) at the same time as to Unify-loadable plugins?
We hope to add something like this to the Unify stand-alone app in the future.

User avatar
Xenox.AFL
KVRian
1109 posts since 14 Oct, 2002 from Germany

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:41 pm

We released a small update for our Synth Motions Vol.1 library, every costumer can find the free update in his download folder on our website.

https://www.particular-sound.de/wordpre ... nify-v1-1/
Synth Motions Vol.1 for pluginguru's UNIFY is available now on www.particular-sound.de !!!

Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
14317 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:55 am

I notice this is 25% off at JRR Shop however upon launch you made it very clear “it was never to go on sale”.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Musical Gym
KVRAF
5204 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:05 am

$59 is the sale price until March 1.
After that, $79 never ever to go on sale.

DarkStar
KVRAF
9461 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:12 am

^^^
The price I see at JRRShop is $59. That is also the Introductory Price (until March 15) at PluginGuru.com.
Unify is $59 until March 15th, 2020, then it will sell for $79.
. The "will never be on sale" clause is no longer there, so you could could wait for a sale, but don't hold your breath. And you would be missing out on loads of fun before then.
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

Buckster
KVRist
143 posts since 27 Nov, 2016

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:14 am

That's the intro price so not discounted as such

Ref mono Latch is this useful mainly for live sessions ? As I tried at weekend in Cubase recording using it and got in a right mess as depending on when you start or stop playback if a recording unify just keeps going on forever - as gets the start of latch but not the end of the latch

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
14317 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:20 am

DarkStar wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:12 am
^^^
The price I see at JRRShop is $59. That is also the Introductory Price (until March 15) at PluginGuru.com.
Unify is $59 until March 15th, 2020, then it will sell for $79.
. The "will never be on sale" clause is no longer there, so you could could wait for a sale, but don't hold your breath. And you would be missing out on loads of fun before then.
Oh :oops:

Thanks for correcting me 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRian
899 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:49 am

Times are obviously difficult to sell audio software...
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

User avatar
bharris22
KVRAF
1703 posts since 3 Mar, 2010

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:09 am

Just installed the 64 bit version and have a quick installation question. The Read Me states that "The Unify Standard Library, which contains the standard Patches and Samples, is a separate download—a single large file called Unify Standard Library.guru. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do so now, because you’ll need it shortly after you start Unify for the first time. You’ll also need the smaller file Unify Basics.guru, which you’ll find in the same zip archive as this READ ME file. . . .The very first time you run Unify, a series of instruction windows will appear, to guide you through the process of activating the software (using the license key from your purchase receipt), then installing first the Unify Basics and finally the Unify Standard Library."

While the installer did, in fact, ask me where to install the Standard Library, I was never asked about the Unify Basics library. Is this installed automatically now? Or, do I simply place this file in the same "Libraries" folder where the standard library is located?

User avatar
getdunne
KVRist
127 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:18 pm

bharris22 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:09 am
Just installed the 64 bit version and have a quick installation question. The Read Me states that "The Unify Standard Library, which contains the standard Patches and Samples, is a separate download—a single large file called Unify Standard Library.guru. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do so now, because you’ll need it shortly after you start Unify for the first time. You’ll also need the smaller file Unify Basics.guru, which you’ll find in the same zip archive as this READ ME file. . . .The very first time you run Unify, a series of instruction windows will appear, to guide you through the process of activating the software (using the license key from your purchase receipt), then installing first the Unify Basics and finally the Unify Standard Library."

While the installer did, in fact, ask me where to install the Standard Library, I was never asked about the Unify Basics library. Is this installed automatically now? Or, do I simply place this file in the same "Libraries" folder where the standard library is located?
We're in the midst of releasing an update, so I'm not sure which version you have. We are moving to a newer setup procedure where the two older .guru files are now "unified" into a single one called Unify Factory Content.

PLEASE read the README.rtf file that came with your installer. It explains that Unify will ask you to locate .guru files one at a time (only one in the latest version, two in earlier versions). DO NOT put them in the Libraries folder. They are basically renamed ZIP files, and Unify will unzip their contents into the correct folders automatically when you select them during the setup procedure.

If you are having any trouble setting up, please contact UnifySupport@PlugInGuru.com and we'll sort you out. It's not practical to do here, because everyone's case is different.

tony10000
KVRian
770 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:50 pm

UNIFY Demo has arrived. Now, you can try before you buy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghbD4QqvkCg

Link to the demo here: https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-demo/
Last edited by tony10000 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victoria
KVRer
7 posts since 22 Oct, 2019

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Musical Gym wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:05 am
$59 is the sale price until March 1.
After that, $79 never ever to go on sale.
It's automatically reduced to $49 when you put it in the cart at audiodeluxe.com thanks to some magic coupon. Not that $10 is a big deal but at least I feel a bit foolish now for believing I got the best price for being an early adopter when I should have waited a few days, but that's life. Like someone said, it's difficult to sell audio software...

tony10000
KVRian
770 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:06 pm

victoria wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:01 pm
Musical Gym wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:05 am
$59 is the sale price until March 1.
After that, $79 never ever to go on sale.
It's automatically reduced to $49 when you put it in the cart at audiodeluxe.com thanks to some magic coupon. Not that $10 is a big deal but at least I feel a bit foolish now for believing I got the best price for being an early adopter when I should have waited a few days, but that's life. Like someone said, it's difficult to sell audio software...
The date has been extended to 3/15 so folks that download the demo have more time to decide:

"Unify is $59 until March 15th, 2020, then it will sell for $79."

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/

yellowmix
KVRAF
1563 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:25 pm

What's the link for the demo? I'm not gonna watch a 30 minute video for that. And there's no link in the description either.

This modus operandi is really annoying.


Return to “Instruments”