Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
11494 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:26 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:53 am
Incidentally, if Uncle E is reading this, how long would I be expected to wait to get a GForce license sorted?
I bought VMS + expansions on Friday, but no license email yet. There was a mention of being patient, but is that 2 days, a week, a month...?
We usually receive GForce licenses in about a day. I re-sent the order to them now just in case they missed it.

User avatar
WatchTheGuitar
KVRian
594 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:58 am

Uncle E wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:26 am
We usually receive GForce licenses in about a day. I re-sent the order to them now just in case they missed it.
Thank you kindly

User avatar
WatchTheGuitar
KVRian
594 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 am

Big Output sale at Native-Instruments, 50% off individual expansions/engines or the Engine Essentials plus bundle of 10 expansions of your choice for £449 / 70% off.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2020/

tdm71
KVRist
332 posts since 21 Sep, 2003

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:13 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 am
Big Output sale at Native-Instruments, 50% off individual expansions/engines or the Engine Essentials plus bundle of 10 expansions of your choice for £449 / 70% off.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2020/
I thought this was a good deal too until it was noted that the November Black Friday sale was a better deal for the whole bundle. 600 for everything vs 500 for no fx and only 10 expansions

User avatar
frackermak
KVRist
122 posts since 22 Nov, 2018 from UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:22 am

Apart from Exhale 😔

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 am
Big Output sale at Native-Instruments, 50% off individual expansions/engines or the Engine Essentials plus bundle of 10 expansions of your choice for £449 / 70% off.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2020/

Ou_Tis
KVRian
521 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:00 pm

Plugin Alliance: "Any plugin! $29.99

Each of these 2 voucher codes is only valid once (1x)
They will give you any* of our plugins for $29.99 each (except for the new FRIEDMAN guitar amps). Simply use one or both of your unique voucher codes, or feel free to share your codes with a friend. That's only if you don't use them."

I was thinking of getting Vertigo VSC-2, but maybe Shadow Hills or one of the other, more expensive compressors would be better?

DJMaytag
KVRist
448 posts since 15 Dec, 2012 from Waunakee, Wiscompton

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Ou_Tis wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:00 pm
I was thinking of getting Vertigo VSC-2, but maybe Shadow Hills or one of the other, more expensive compressors would be better?
Probably best to get the newest stuff available, and pass on the things that tend to show up on their 24-48 hour deals.

Oberhausen was a no-brainer for me, but I’m stumped on what to get for the second one (if I even should get anything):

Lindell 80 Series
Shadow Hills
Shadow Hills Class A
Masterdesk
ADA Stereo Delay

That’s my short list, that I haven’t seen for cheap and/or haven’t seen come up for sale on here... period. BYOME, VSC-2, Digital_V3, and a couple others... they seem to be sold more readily.
Reason 10 | ABL3 | RE-303 | Eurorack modular | Roland Juno-106, JX-10, & TR-606 | Moog Minimoog | SCI Prophet-600 | OB Matrix-1000 | Korg MS-20M | Arturia RackBrute 6U (x2) & DrumBrute Impact | Yamaha TX-81Z | RME Digiface USB

yellowmix
KVRAF
1553 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:19 pm

If you want to maximize it while fighting GAS then yes, the most expensive newest plugins that are unlikely to go on deeper discount soon that you actually truly want. Or the most expensive newest plugins you don't want and try to flip them for profit. But if everyone does that then there are gonna be a lot of cheap Shadow Hills Compressors Class A for sale.

User avatar
c_voltage
KVRAF
1637 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:27 pm

OMG
Lion ?

Ou_Tis
KVRian
521 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:30 pm

yellowmix wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:19 pm
If you want to maximize it while fighting GAS then yes, the most expensive newest plugins that are unlikely to go on deeper discount soon that you actually truly want. Or the most expensive newest plugins you don't want and try to flip them for profit. But if everyone does that then there are gonna be a lot of cheap Shadow Hills Compressors Class A for sale.
Focusrite SC is relatively new (released last summer) and priced higher than Shadows Hills Class A, and it went on sale a couple of weeks ago for effectively $25 ($50 minus $25 voucher... also, free for owners of Focusrite Red or above iirc). Though I think Shadow Hills Class A is their newest.

Shadow Hills was already on my "would consider if it ever went on sale" list. Class A seems to be considered better than the older Shadow Hills?...
Last edited by Ou_Tis on Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ou_Tis
KVRian
521 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 pm

They had a flash sale on Vertigo VSC-2 at the beginning of the month for $50, but it was before they sent out vouchers. Not sure if that implies they won't have another flash sale on it for a while, or whether it means they wanted to test how many people would get it at the higher (no vouchers) flash sale price point before offering it later at a lower (with vouchers) price. Probably the latter....

Sciurus
KVRist
70 posts since 4 Aug, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:02 pm

I got the email, but with blank space instead of voucher codes. What's up with that?

yellowmix
KVRAF
1553 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:05 pm

Ou_Tis wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:30 pm
Shadow Hills was already on my "would consider if it ever went on sale" list. Class A seems to be considered better than the older Shadow Hills?...
It's considered a more accurate emulation of the hardware, according to Plugin Alliance. The older Shadow Hills is very old when exclusive to UAD. But the Class A hardware is technically a different compressor (modified) so the plugins are also technically different. You can look at the Gearslutz post where people compare the two thoroughly and decide which one to go with or both if you don't think they are redundant.

v1o
KVRAF
2109 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Ou_Tis wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:00 pm
Plugin Alliance: "Any plugin! $29.99

Each of these 2 voucher codes is only valid once (1x)
They will give you any* of our plugins for $29.99 each (except for the new FRIEDMAN guitar amps). Simply use one or both of your unique voucher codes, or feel free to share your codes with a friend. That's only if you don't use them."

I was thinking of getting Vertigo VSC-2, but maybe Shadow Hills or one of the other, more expensive compressors would be better?
Bummer, the codes don't work for me, not getting anywhere near the advertised discount!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Ou_Tis
KVRian
521 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:32 pm

v1o wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:22 pm
Ou_Tis wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:00 pm
Plugin Alliance: "Any plugin! $29.99

Each of these 2 voucher codes is only valid once (1x)
They will give you any* of our plugins for $29.99 each (except for the new FRIEDMAN guitar amps). Simply use one or both of your unique voucher codes, or feel free to share your codes with a friend. That's only if you don't use them."

I was thinking of getting Vertigo VSC-2, but maybe Shadow Hills or one of the other, more expensive compressors would be better?
Bummer, the codes don't work for me, not getting anywhere near the advertised discount!
Are you using the codes from the No Chat thread? Whoever posted that posted their own unique codes; each code can only be used once. But if there are people who aren't going to use their codes, they might be willing to send you them.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”