[Intro pricing extended] Available now: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

Burillo wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 pm
so yeah, i'll use this opportunity to complain directly to Squids. stop wasting time on KVR and go and make another good album! :x
:tu:

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

I listened to a lot of the tracks and there is some good stuff there...

Not many hit singles though :wink:

But I think that in this thread,Dave has been ripping it up,taking over the bandwidth and trying to compete with Tolstoy's "War and Peace" :lol:

A classic tome,but rather voluminous :party:

BTW Squids....in answer to your earlier criticism of my good self when I obviously hit one of your nerves...

Has it occured to you that one of the reasons some of us might not have so many posts as you here,is that we have other things to do ?

Like making music ?

Should we judge a persons contribution to this world through the quantity or the quality of their work ? :wink:

Mmmm :hug:

Ohhh...And go for the In and Out burger and get the full Monty with the shake and the chips...

High colestral, but bloody good stuff !
No auto tune...

It's not about quantity. But, it is about quality which includes the quality of how we behave to others even when we're under an anonymous name on a forum. I think some of the words and attitude speak for themselves, there for anyone to make a judgement. Of course those attitudes can vary day to day depending on what mood one's in. Anyway, if you're not posting on here because you're making music that's a darn good reason to me. Cheers to that.

Squids wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:39 am I think some of the words and attitude speak for themselves, there for anyone to make a judgement.
Amen to that :tu:

Hopefully,we are all able to form a point of view and a balanced perspective from any information that is presented to us on most matters in this world :wink:
No auto tune...

Sometimes searching for balance leads to false equivalence, but that isn't relevant for such a topic.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I know that trying to find balance in a mix can drive us a little crazy...

We move one small thing and everything changes :)
No auto tune...

True, dat.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 pm I freaking LOVE "Stranded".
I listened with eyes closed, and what struck me was
how cohesive the levels sounded among the many different
elements, from the quietest vocal/piano parts thru the
various e-guitars with differing tonalities, no cringing and no straining. The toms rolls at 6:38 are a delight.

I'm curious how the video elements
are created/found/chosen/scripted/placed etc

(long posts are welcome, after the business at hand settles down)
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:36 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 pm I freaking LOVE "Stranded".
I listened with eyes closed, and what struck me was
how cohesive the levels sounded among the many different
elements, from the quietest vocal/piano parts thru the
various e-guitars with differing tonalities, no cringing and no straining. The toms rolls at 6:38 are a delight.

I'm curious how the video elements
are created/found/chosen/scripted/placed etc

(long posts are welcome, after the business at hand settles down)
Cheers
Thanks. The ability to do long posts is actually a luxury I can barely afford these days... and today of all days is a busy one at Sunset Sound where we'll be streaming most of the day starting at noon. It'll be on Warren Huart's Produce Like A Pro channel on YouTube. Peter can share the link later. I will pull out some songs I'm producing that have female vocals and then also probably one of my songs with me singing just to hear male vocals and other instruments through the various reverbs at the studio and in the plug-in. We'll have producer/engineer Ross Hogarth (Van Halen, Doobie Brothers) come in, mixing engineer Mark Linett might be bringing some multitracks from Smile or Pet Sounds with him and we'll have other engineers like Bill Mims and possibly mastering engineer Gavin Lurssen will stop by. It's been a crazy week! We interviewed Bruce Botnick (The Doors) and on Friday I'll be talking to Joe Chiccarelli who is a producer/engineer that has a studio on the lot and uses Studio 1... a lot. ;)

But, to respond about my song "Stranded", Tom Lord-Alge did the main mix for the single CD version of the album and I worked with his stems to make the final mix on the Deluxe Edition (because I'm infamously a "mega post" sort of guy here (ehem) as you can imagine this translates to the music too in that there's a 2 hour+ double CD version of my album "New World"... but in my defense that's actually the more popular seller than the single CD version! haha).

The video was put together by myself and friends who do videos. We went to the Mojave desert and shot a bunch of stuff with drones. I tried to walk up a tall dune in an astronaut suit mid-day and almost had a heat stroke! Anyway, I use Final Cut Pro X and they use Premier and between us we put together the visuals for it. Obviously we're on an Indy budget but we stretch it as best we can and it's fun.

Anyway, in terms of mixing the song fortunately IK did some videos with Tom where he digs into and explains it so perhaps that's more useful to this thread so any info here can potentially be applied to your mixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNDzHdqcvcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgA0eOs7Rm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bli7TGRv3Tw

glokraw wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:36 pm ...The toms rolls at 6:38 are a delight...
Any time I've seen Tom working on / lecturing about mixing his eyes light up and he gets so excited about how much he loves and focuses on big drum fills. Those and his snare sound are wonderful. That SPANK as he calls it.

Yes, Warren Huart will be LIVE from Sunset Sound today. You can read the news at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=w ... unsetsound

Tune in at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prFdy74 ... e=youtu.be (12 PM PST)

Still impressed with the trial. Still saving up for Altiverb.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:12 pm
glokraw wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:36 pm ...The toms rolls at 6:38 are a delight...
Any time I've seen Tom working on / lecturing about mixing his eyes light up and he gets so excited about how much he loves and focuses on big drum fills. Those and his snare sound are wonderful. That SPANK as he calls it.
I don't remember if Tom goes into this in the video but for his mixes he REALLY cleans up the bleed in the tom tracks. He'll filter the tails of the toms as well to get the most sustain without any potential snare or cymbal in the top end there so when he compresses them they're punch without unwanted extra transients after the initial attack. I do that sometimes on my mixes but it's a time consuming SOB to do that. BUT, this is why I say that the last thing I want to do is fiddle with a reverb plug-in when there's all that kind of stuff to do. I appreciate pulling up a plug-in, hitting a few buttons and tweak a few filter knobs and have "it". Then there's the grunt work of track cleaning that you can't quite trust plug-ins to do for ya. Manual labor required... or an assistant.

I'll be watching youse in less than an hour.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:09 pm I'll be watching youse in less than an hour.
that sounds sinister in a cherman accent dude :scared:

I'll be vatschink you in lezzz zän vone hauer
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Effects”