What was the moment when you decided to switch from hobbyst producer/musician to hobbyst DAW & Plugin hoarder??

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"I pwn you."
"No, I pwn YOU."
"No, I PWN YOU."

This thread in a nutshell.

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:58 am
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:03 amDont you think you apply this too much to yourself? because i cant find why you even apply your case here because it is very different from these ex...
Well, you never specified that you're only interested in an answer when it has some dramatic, psychological background :P
??? do you even understand yourself what you are talking about ? :D look, read my post before yours and think again what you wrote, actually the reason why you wrote.

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:06 am
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:03 amDont you think you apply this too much to yourself? because i cant find why you even apply your case here because it is very different from these ex...
Well, you never specified that you're only interested in an answer when it has some dramatic, psychological background :P
??? do you even understand yourself what you are talking about ? :D look, read my post before yours and think again what you wrote, actually the reason why you wrote.
Please explain, then.

I said that being a "hobbyist DAW/plugin hoarder" isn't necessarily a bad thing, to which you basically said you're only interested in those sad / bad stories, so I shouldn't reply. How should I get that from the title of this topic?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:34 am
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:06 am
Please explain, then.

I said that being a "hobbyist DAW/plugin hoarder" isn't necessarily a bad thing, to which you basically said you're only interested in those sad / bad stories, so I shouldn't reply. How should I get that from the title of this topic?
I didnt said its a bad thing at all, i only expressed my amaze about some of the things people said, i didnt expect that .The thread i created was just for fun, seeing people creating threads "why are you using that, what made you change bla bla" and "is it worth to buy this for me because its on sale?" :D That doesnt mean im interested only in that stories. Just being amazed about some of them, doesnt mean i suddenly condemn anyone :)

"i cant find why you even apply your case here because it is very different from these ex."

"That doesnt mean im interested only in that stories"

Pick one

If it's a hobby, i.e. one's livelihood doesn't depend on making or engineering music, then why should anyone care if they're finishing any tunes or how they're spending money
And I can easily afford it, without stretching my household budget
Well, you're lucky then. Making music takes a lot of time and money, and most of people have neither. Electronic music production is well know to be devastating for social life, too.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:52 amWell, you're lucky then. Making music takes a lot of time and money, and most of people have neither. Electronic music production is well know to be devastating for social life, too.
No, I'm not "lucky". I work hard for it, just not in music field :)

Also, I'm not sure if you're sarcastic / ironic or serious? There's never been a time when making music was cheaper and easier than now.
Music tech enthusiast

Me too. The thing is, many young people pursue the "career" of music producers, and well, don't get anywhere.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

seismic1 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:07 am
classic wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:14 pm It was a moment as I have lost a reason to make music.
There was no way to go any more. Nothing to achieve with it.
I am still making music, but the drive and the power and the love behind it
is somehow darkend or cloudet with something that I can´t put my finger on
to name it.
I had the purpose to give people back theire life and dreams with my music.
There may have been more purposes involved, and all together they made me go
and create and feel greate.
Today it is like sitting and wating and watching a desert that did replace
my world full of life.

Its like having lost a dear friend and waiting that he comes back.
Thinking this over every day, but can´t find a way out.
So I hope in assembling good sounds or software, there will be a kick
somehow, that brings back this part of my life I seem to have lost.

Sorry for the sad story, but you asked for it.
I hope you get your desire back. I remember one of your piano pieces (A Warm Wind) from 2012. One of the best tracks I heard here at KVR. You have a special talent :tu:
Thanks a lot.
Glad you remember.
I still love the piano. My first love in life.
The only instrument I still make music with

May be it's all I need and just my attempts to make music like others made me feel like loosing or having lost something.

Should think this over.

Thanks again.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:04 am Me too. The thing is, many young people pursue the "career" of music producers, and well, don't get anywhere.
Well to be fair I seldom see those people treat it like a career. Finishing a few songs a year, releasing half of them, and DJing one set every 18 months aren’t career-building habits.

Were the "leap year" sales a thing in the past?

At the beginning of the year I promised myself to not getting more plugins, because I'm basically covered, but just yesterday PA started their "any plugin for $29" deal (I ended up getting LION and bx_Oberhausen) and today I saw Klevgrand announced similar deal.

Wonder if Waves joins them? :lol: :help:
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:07 am Were the "leap year" sales a thing in the past?

At the beginning of the year I promised myself to not getting more plugins, because I'm basically covered, but just yesterday PA started their "any plugin for $29" deal (I ended up getting LION and bx_Oberhausen) and today I saw Klevgrand announced similar deal.

Wonder if Waves joins them? :lol: :help:
If Waves do a "29 plugins for $29" I might jump on it :lol:
I also picked up LION but I managed to give away my second voucher without using it. Oberhausen was tempting but I just can't justify it when I already have the Arturia version (and a bazillion other synths).

Just wondering, but... how do I get that PA deal? Do I have to own some PA plugins?

chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:44 am Just wondering, but... how do I get that PA deal? Do I have to own some PA plugins?
They were sending the (personalised, think) codes via e-mail, so I guess you need to subscribe to a newsletter or something?
Music tech enthusiast

Thanks. :)

Well... I guess I don't need those plugins at the moment anyway.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”