Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, should have put a smiley behind my post to make it more obvious that I was just kidding. :D

I totally agree with your points. That's also the reason for the many, many influencers on Youtube, and elsewhere.

I mean, nothing wrong with asking what people think, but, making up your own mind is the least that I expect.

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:40 pm Sorry, should have put a smiley behind my post to make it more obvious that I was just kidding. :D

I totally agree with your points. That's also the reason for the many, many influencers on Youtube, and elsewhere.

I mean, nothing wrong with asking what people think, but, making up your own mind is the least that I expect.
I'm genuinely not trying to be a prick, I honestly cannot understand how such a question can in any way be useful to individual circumstances.

What car should I buy? Well how many kids do you have? Do you have a dog? Do you want electric? Just go to the fkn dealer and drive some.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yep. :tu:

My worst buying decisions for audio plugins were based on what gets hyped around here... seriously, I ended up selling those plugins short after, because I just couldn't stand them. That taught me to demo thoroughly, and to hear on my own voice. Anything else just won't make you happy.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:24 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 pmIt serves a purpose. I'm downvoting every numpty who asks what we think of a plugin or which one they should buy.
Asking what plugin to buy is frankly idiotic when there are demos available. Just because a few of us like the Shadowhills comp it doesn't mean you will also. Besides how do we know your needs and preferences, what you already have etc.

Also, just for transparency the downvote on your recent post here wasn't me.
:pff:

And as I just have received 2 PA vouchers for any plugin for $29 I was going to ask you 'bout this...

should I go Red or Green... ?

:hihi:

Actually seriously... I demoed the green one so can't do an A/B test.. I will ofc demo the red...

BUT knowing you like your drums, which do you have and does it work for YOU... I have heard your music...

I want just to smash my modular drums...

Numpty numpty question... :wink:

:lol:

edit... I am a compressor junkie.. prob have too many... but nostalgia for hardware emulations... you know!!!!
Last edited by toonertik on Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toonertik wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:55 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:24 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 pmIt serves a purpose. I'm downvoting every numpty who asks what we think of a plugin or which one they should buy.
Asking what plugin to buy is frankly idiotic when there are demos available. Just because a few of us like the Shadowhills comp it doesn't mean you will also. Besides how do we know your needs and preferences, what you already have etc.

Also, just for transparency the downvote on your recent post here wasn't me.
:pff:

And as I just have received 2 PA vouchers for any plugin for $29 I was going to ask you 'bout this...

should I go Red or Green... ?

Actually seriously... I demoed the green one so can't do an A/B test.. I will ofc demo the red...

BUT knowing you like your drums, which do you have and does it work for YOU... I have heard your music...

I want just to smash my modular drums...

Numpty numpty question... :wink:

:lol:
:vurt liked this post:

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:57 pm
awww...

now I feel great... :tu:
before mushy gives me the numpty downvote...

Thanks.. :hug:

toonertik wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:00 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:57 pm
awww...

now I feel great... :tu:
before mushy gives me the numpty downvote...

Thanks.. :hug:
:hihi: :oops:

My blood pressure is too high now so will close the internet :D

Though not before I ask on a food forum what I should eat for dinner...

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:03 pm
My blood pressure is too high now so will close the internet :D

Though not before I ask on a food forum what I should eat for dinner...
May I suggest a hot hot curry... with lime pickle :hyper:

toonertik wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:06 pm May I suggest a hot hot curry... with lime pickle :hyper:
:love:
Ok, maybe it does work :D

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:09 pm
toonertik wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:06 pm May I suggest a hot hot curry... with lime pickle :hyper:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Red or Green shadowhills?

toonertik wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 pm So Red or Green shadowhills?
Red.

Why didn't you ask earlier? :shrug: :D

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:09 pm
You might want to get a thumb up ready for the dash to the bathroom after you eat that...

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:16 pm
toonertik wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 pm So Red or Green shadowhills?
Red.

Why didn't you ask earlier? :shrug: :D
Oh...
I didn't think it was appropriate ...
(and yes... has to be red... the rare limited edition one... you just know it's gonna be better... and more exclusive.. :roll: )
makes me sound like I might be a numpty...

downloading demo as I type... :tu:

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:44 pm Yep. :tu:

My worst buying decisions for audio plugins were based on what gets hyped around here... seriously, I ended up selling those plugins short after, because I just couldn't stand them. That taught me to demo thoroughly, and to hear on my own voice. Anything else just won't make you happy.
Same here, I tend to avoid things that get touted as "game changers" or "no-brainers".
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 pm
SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:54 pm While upvoting seems to be a ok implementation (not sure if needed, but it doesn't hurt), I don't see much good in the downvoting, as it could be abused by trolls.
It serves a purpose. I'm downvoting every numpty who asks what we think of a plugin or which one they should buy.
In case you’re short of numpty material to vote down...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=540411&start=15

Return to “Site Stuff”