Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:28 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 pm
SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:54 pm While upvoting seems to be a ok implementation (not sure if needed, but it doesn't hurt), I don't see much good in the downvoting, as it could be abused by trolls.
It serves a purpose. I'm downvoting every numpty who asks what we think of a plugin or which one they should buy.
In case you’re short of numpty material to vote down...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=540411&start=15

:hihi:
Done :tu:

It's not the question that annoys me, it's just the absence of any initiative whatsoever.

I think people also forget that a $5 plugin never used is actually expensive while a $200 plugin used every day is cheap.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:32 pm :hihi:
Done :tu:

I am honest: I did not read the 20 pages inbetween, but I still want to give my feedback here: I think that an upvote is a nice idea, while I think that a downvote button just might spread negativity. In my opinion only an upvote button would be enough.
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

It works in the forums I frequent which only have a Like/Thanks button.

chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:08 am It works in the forums I frequent which only have a Like/Thanks button.
Thanks for a good wank I guess.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Tagirijus wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:06 am I am honest: I did not read the 20 pages inbetween, but I still want to give my feedback here: I think that an upvote is a nice idea, while I think that a downvote button just might spread negativity. In my opinion only an upvote button would be enough.
Agree, they tried up and down votes on GS for a while and it just bred negativity, so they dropped the down voting. Far better to just focus on the positive, I think. I say that as someone seems to be automatically down voting everything I post recently, and I am not sure why, it's pretty depressing, TBH. :(

How ironic that people already downvoted your post. I upvoted it, though.

In the end, just try to stay positive and ignore the negative votes. :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

I think pointing out that you get your posts downvoted is likely to attract trolling down votes. Most of the time where I have seen someone say something about downvoting their post attracts more down votes

I found it refreshing to come to a forum where "likes" etc are hardly ever used. In reality, I don't care if people like what I say or not but I find myself looking out for those likes when I post on other forums. I wonder why we feel the need to please other people. It might even promote boot-licking behaviour, who knows?

I have a suggestion - how about a third, middle finger up-vote button?

...or just replace the existing buttons with a single middle finger button... :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:59 pm ...or just replace the existing buttons with a single middle finger button... :hihi:
Yeah, why not? :hihi:

Erisian wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:57 pm It might even promote boot-licking behaviour
i already have someone i do that for...
if i dont, i get spanked :o

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:31 pm
Erisian wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:57 pm It might even promote boot-licking behaviour
i already have someone i do that for...
if i dont, i get spanked :o
What fun! :hyper:

I think we also need a neutral button. I mean... if people are insecure whether or not they should buy a plugin, why would it be different when they read a post?

It should be called the "I'm not sure whether I like or dislike this post, but I love to vote anyway" button.

Geeeezzz...

I really need to get new glasses...

I read it as, can we get a like bottom here...

should we make a p o l l ?

Return to “Site Stuff”