XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey
Thanks for the update, and thanks for your continued great work.
I know you tested in Orion, and I am confirming that the GUI is working in Orion 64 bit (on Win 10)

Unfortunately, the GUI was not working correctly in Cubase (v10, Win 10). The VST comes up/opens with the initial patch/gui config, though it stays like that, and does not change/update when selecting a new preset, or changing values.
It is possible to change values (eg clock rate, or pitch) though the GUI does not reflect the changes.

Cheers.

[/quote]
The downloaded rar file is corrupt.
Kirsty :)
[/quote]
:!: Not for me :!: ( tested ) it's stupid because I updated it ( 55 presets ) : https://drive.google.com/open?id=13-i7y ... XYUziRKbf-

Note 1: When I load song in "MuLab" , Analogy is mute . Then I open it and it sounds but with preset # 1 ( not mine ! ) .
Note 2: Sometimes , some modules are disable , although they're not used in the preset :!:
Nevertheless , it seems stable, no crash , cpu load is higher than 32bit version.
I hope my notes will help U to improve Analogy :) .

ultrakiller wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:34 pm ...Unfortunately, the GUI was not working correctly in Cubase (v10, Win 10). The VST comes up/opens with the initial patch/gui config, though it stays like that, and does not change/update when selecting a new preset, or changing values.
It is possible to change values (eg clock rate, or pitch) though the GUI does not reflect the changes.
Cheers.
If it's responding to the mouse it sounds like the issue is in my WM_PAINT handler. I'll look into it.
Unfortunately, I won't be installing Cubase as its system requirements are way too much for my laptop.
Thanks for the feedback every little helps :)

jeff51 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:47 am
The downloaded rar file is corrupt.
:!: Not for me :!: ( tested ) it's stupid because I updated it ( 55 presets ) : https://drive.google.com/open?id=13-i7y ... XYUziRKbf-
I was finally able to extract your presets with 7zip on windows but it still wont work in Ubuntu. Never mind, problem solved :)
jeff51 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:47 am Note 1: When I load song in "MuLab" , Analogy is mute . Then I open it and it sounds but with preset # 1 ( not mine ! ) .
Note 2: Sometimes , some modules are disable , although they're not used in the preset :!:
Nevertheless , it seems stable, no crash , cpu load is higher than 32bit version.
I hope my notes will help U to improve Analogy :) .
Note 1+2 is fixed.
CPU is still not fully optimised for 64Bit but will be reduced as I continue development.

Many thanks to everyone for your feedback. It all helps me improve Analogy.

Kirsty

I joined KVR mainly so that I could say a big thank you for this amazing synth. I had been using the 32 bit for a while and now have the 64 bit.

It works in Cakewalk by Bandlab but the GUI doesn't change with the presets unless you deliberately move it around a bit. The controls don't work properly either for the same reason. The presets are pretty awesome as is the overall sound. :tu:

I don't have a good income so I rely very much on quality freeware but if I am ever able to afford more, one of the first things I want to do is donate something to this project if possible. Thank you once again Kirsty. :)

Updated to v0.976

New features include...
- Possible fix for GUI not updating on some host/daws
- Added Monophonic Phase Modulation oscillator
- Added Polyphonic Phase Modulation synth
- Added option to remember last project settings on load
- Added per patch CPU saver button to SYSTEM_MODULE with 5 second time out
- Added rename preset option
- Updated options menu

I would particularly like to know if the GUI now updates correctly in Cubase 10 and Cakewalk on Window 10.

To recall previous project settings turn on load last patch and load last bank in options menu.

Many thanks to everyone for all your help and support.
Free download as usual from my blog.

Erisian wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:39 am I joined KVR mainly so that I could say a big thank you for this amazing synth. I had been using the 32 bit for a while and now have the 64 bit.

It works in Cakewalk by Bandlab but the GUI doesn't change with the presets unless you deliberately move it around a bit. The controls don't work properly either for the same reason. The presets are pretty awesome as is the overall sound. :tu:

I don't have a good income so I rely very much on quality freeware but if I am ever able to afford more, one of the first things I want to do is donate something to this project if possible. Thank you once again Kirsty. :)
Your welcome :)
Kirsty

kirsty roland wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:54 am Updated to v0.976

I would particularly like to know if the GUI now updates correctly in Cubase 10 and Cakewalk on Window 10.
Working beautifully in Cakewalk on Windows 7. Thank you very much Kirsty. :tu: :)

Erisian wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:56 pm
kirsty roland wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:54 am Updated to v0.976

Working beautifully in Cakewalk on Windows 7. Thank you very much Kirsty. :tu: :)
That's great news :D
Erisian wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:39 am ...one of the first things I want to do is donate something to this project if possible...
How about some patches. Here's some weird mechanical wave sequencing patches I did last night.
digital_engineering.zip
Kirsty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kirsty roland wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:49 pm
How about some patches.
That's something I have been thinking of but I first need to work out how to connect modules. I am studying existing patches to get some idea but it's a slow process. The main signal flow is the easy bit so I can get a basic sound that I like but I'm working on envelopes and modulation at the moment. I have a loose idea from working with Kamioooka but it is different from synth to synth.

Erisian wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:21 pm
kirsty roland wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:49 pm
How about some patches.
That's something I have been thinking of but I first need to work out how to connect modules. I am studying existing patches to get some idea but it's a slow process. The main signal flow is the easy bit so I can get a basic sound that I like but I'm working on envelopes and modulation at the moment. I have a loose idea from working with Kamioooka but it is different from synth to synth.
Got it figured at last. Created my first patch - a kind of phased string sound. When I have a small collection, I'll post them here. 8)

Aaaargh! After all that work I accidentally saved all my new patches as fxp instead of using Analogy's own function and now they won't load!!! :dog: :(

Hi kirsty . I will test new version v0.976 with S.one . I hope my presets will be compatible ( I added them to the download section of KVR ) . Good job :tu:

jeff51 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 am Hi kirsty . I will test new version v0.976 with S.one . I hope my presets will be compatible ( I added them to the download section of KVR ) . Good job :tu:
I know you didn't address this to me but they work fine on the update. :)

kirsty (or anybody)
I'm having a problem with the amp envelope - it's a problem with my knowledge, not with the synth. I have created a phased string sound with a nice long attack and release but although the attack is long on the first note played, subsequent notes attack too quickly and give almost a key sound. Any advice?

Hi Erisian

If you are using an ADSR Module M070 as an amp envelope it's behaviour changes depending on the
System Module M003 MIDI Retrigger switch. When you press a new key, retriggering can be set to either
restart the envelope at the attack stage or stay at the current sustain level.

Hope that helps.

jeff51 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 am Hi kirsty . I will test new version v0.976 with S.one . I hope my presets will be compatible ( I added them to the download section of KVR ) . Good job :tu:
I'll check them out 8)

Kirsty

Return to “Modular Synthesis”