DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Version 8.91 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.1+.
  • All devices
    • Same known issues as with 8.80 still apply
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: If you have multiple banks configured the selected patch of a bank is only reset if the new bank has the same MIDI channel. This allows to configure additional banks for multitimbral synthesizers (= can play different sounds on different MIDI channels).
  • Launchpad
    • New: Easier selection of note modes. Pressing the note button brings up a menu where you can directly select the note/sequencer mode. First row (from top) selects play modes, 3rd row drum modes and 5th row sequencer modes.
    • New: Changing note length does now also work in Poly Sequencer
    • Fixed: Displaying longer notes did not work in Poly Sequencer
  • Maschine Mikro 3
    • Fixed: Removed restriction that drum octave could only be changed if a clip was active.
  • MCU
    • New: Group/Write Automation changed to trigger Latch automation
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Changing note length does now also work in Poly Sequencer
    • Fixed: Displaying longer notes did not work in Poly Sequencer

Enjoy!

I was wondering if anyone could help with an issue I've been having with Push4Bitwig since I first gave it a shot.

It's an awesome thing but I've always have huge lag with the display on my Push 1. For example, if I grab the Pan parameter and perform, say, five quick left-right movements, the Push 1 display will keep moving after I've stopped, taking time to catch up with my movements. The automation is transmitted perfectly to Bitwig itself so it seems it's just an issue with the Push 1 display. It's particularly bad when using the small knobs, taking a couple of seconds to update the tempo value, for example. It means I do end up using the Bitwig GUI when using the Push more than I'd like to.

Has anyone else ever had this issue and been able to solve it? The Push 1 is running on USB bus power. Perhaps people have had better luck running it off a power supply?

Thanks!

Hello, when I press the Note button on my Launpad Pro in Bitwig 3.1.2 using the latest extension version (v8.91), Bitwig is crashing with the following Log entry. Any ideas? Thank you for your help.

[2020-03-09 01:38:30 float-main-app fatal] Application crashing in subsystem Control Surface Application Crash:
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(ArrayList.java:1042)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(ArrayList.java:996)
at ykq.DVW(SourceFile:85)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.proxy.ControlSurfaceObject$1.run(SourceFile:142)
at qkz.process(SourceFile:39)
at com.bitwig.flt.app.FnS.DVW(SourceFile:1968)
at bOc.XHT(SourceFile:1032)
at bOc.gBO(SourceFile:986)
at com.bitwig.flt.app.UMx.gBO(SourceFile:1918)
at bOc.sHQ(SourceFile:711)
at com.bitwig.flt.app.BitwigStudioMain.main(SourceFile:193)

[2020-03-09 01:38:33 float-engine-communication error] Error launching or running the engine process: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)
[2020-03-09 01:38:33 float-main-app error] Could not locate engine crash report file at path C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio\BITWIG_ENGINE.mdmp.

dannynyc wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:47 am [2020-03-09 01:38:30 float-main-app fatal] Application crashing in subsystem Control Surface Application Crash:
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(ArrayList.java:1042)
This is a Bitwig bug, which is already fixed and should hopefully be available in the next update.

Thank you Moss for taking a look!
Dan

Deleted
Last edited by Dartelec on Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Moss, great work on the script

In case you haven't noticed: Bitwig 3.1.3 is online!

This fixes all known issues I had noted with version 8.80. E.g. OSC is finally working again and you can configure the ports!

During testing I noticed 2 bugs with Launchpad, so version 8.92 of DrivenByMoss is now online as well:

* Launchpad
  • Fixed: Note selection mode could not be activated on Launchpad Pro since it was mixed up with the user mode.
  • Fixed: Note selection was activated when coming from a non-note mode but should not.

Thanks Moss. For me, the user mode (Push 2, Win 10) still does not work. If that bug should be gone, I must be missing something trivial. Any tip leading me in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

Hi Moss,

I am trying to get close to an Analog Rytm parameter-locking workflow. DrivenByMoss & Push 1 is quite close - but the intuitive "Rytm workflow" of >> selecting drum-pad >> sequencing >> recording automation per pad is broken by deep menu diving from DEVICE to DRUM SEQUENCE.

Q: Could you modify Drum Sequencer so that by selecting a sound pad the associated device macro page gets activated like in picture below (maybe with a setting flag to activate "parameter locking")?

P.S. Big fan of your work, keep it up - thanks! (on BW 3.0.7 DrivenByMoss 7.60)

Dopplgngr wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:16 pm Could you modify Drum Sequencer so that by selecting a sound pad the associated device macro page gets activated like in picture below (maybe with a setting flag to activate "parameter locking")?
This is not possible due to how the api works.

Hello !
That's weird . have the same configuration and Everything works fine with user mode there.
Bitwig 3.1.3 and push 2 under windows 10
What version of Bitwig do you use?
AuralBee wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:50 am Thanks Moss. For me, the user mode (Push 2, Win 10) still does not work. If that bug should be gone, I must be missing something trivial. Any tip leading me in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

moss wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:15 pm In case you haven't noticed: Bitwig 3.1.3 is online!

This fixes all known issues I had noted with version 8.80. E.g. OSC is finally working again and you can configure the ports!

During testing I noticed 2 bugs with Launchpad, so version 8.92 of DrivenByMoss is now online as well:

* Launchpad
  • Fixed: Note selection mode could not be activated on Launchpad Pro since it was mixed up with the user mode.
  • Fixed: Note selection was activated when coming from a non-note mode but should not.
So happy that OSC works again ! :D :D
Thanks Moss for all this incredible work !

zengel wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:56 pm Hello !
That's weird . have the same configuration and Everything works fine with user mode there.
AuralBee wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:50 am Thanks Moss. For me, the user mode (Push 2, Win 10) still does not work. If that bug should be gone, I must be missing something trivial. Any tip leading me in the right direction would be highly appreciated.
Also works fine here.

moss wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:07 pm
zengel wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:56 pm Hello !
Also works fine here.
Mmm, thanks for the check guys. Latest versions of everything. So weird, couple of versions ago, the extension/ user mode worked flawlessly for me. Everything else in the current one does too, just not user mode. I can switch to it and see the pages, but as soon as I try to assign an encoder, something goes wrong. Bitwig actually registers an assignment, but moving the assigned encoder does nothing at all. Must be smthg silly here then, but I am stumped for now.

Return to “Controller Scripting”