Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Sughosha wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:19 am Also is there any way to remove the box at the bottom where jBridge version and Settings button etc. are shown? Not a big problem but I want to see clean Genesis as it is and to feel at least that I'm running 64-bit Genesis Pro. :roll:
No there isn't unfortunately. This is the main reason I stopped using jBridge several years ago. It's so ugly, and I do mind the cosmetics as much as the sound and features.

I contacted the developer about this, I don't know if he really understood me, he just said he might think about it.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Sughosha wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:19 amI want to see clean Genesis as it is and to feel at least that I'm running 64-bit Genesis Pro. :roll:
When one likes to run 64 bit plugins one should stop buying 32 bit plugins.

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 am
Sughosha wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:19 am Also is there any way to remove the box at the bottom where jBridge version and Settings button etc. are shown? Not a big problem but I want to see clean Genesis as it is and to feel at least that I'm running 64-bit Genesis Pro. :roll:
No there isn't unfortunately. This is the main reason I stopped using jBridge several years ago. It's so ugly, and I do mind the cosmetics as much as the sound and features.

I contacted the developer about this, I don't know if he really understood me, he just said he might think about it.
Run it in separate GUI mode, it gets rid of that bottom border.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

But then I get a separate window instead, so I will have one window with the settings, and another one with the synth, even more annoying...sorry, I'm picky :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

If there was a way to get rid of the bottom border, you would probably complain there's no way to get to the settings :roll:

Reefius wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:08 am If there was a way to get rid of the bottom border, you would probably complain there's no way to get to the settings :roll:
No no, I always use the setting file to edit settings anyway :)

Ah, I run my DAWs as admin or else there are problems with e.g. live drag and drop. I looked for a setting to hide the bar too, none that I could find. :(

LeVzi wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:00 am
starflakeprj wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 am

Run it in separate GUI mode, it gets rid of that bottom border.
How does that work? Can you please explain?

grymmjack wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:16 pm How does that work? Can you please explain?
Click on Settings and then select "Switch to seperate GUI mode".

Reefius wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:08 am If there was a way to get rid of the bottom border, you would probably complain there's no way to get to the settings :roll:
Ideally, the settings should ask at the time of creating the bridging files (As I think, as I tried jBridge with very few plugins). And when it comes to "Performance mode", I really wonder why such an option is available as option, why not set by default, because not only Genesis, some other plugins, like U.F.O. Zone Edition, also I have tried and they also need performance mode enabled to work without crackles.

The final point is that we have to accept the software as it is :neutral:

The development is very new guys, give this plugin some time to actually get developed. You paid a euro for it. The developer specifically said he needs a couple of weeks to get it fixed. Until then message j from jbridge and request your ideas. He's very helpful.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Sughosha wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:18 pm
grymmjack wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:16 pm How does that work? Can you please explain?
Click on Settings and then select "Switch to seperate GUI mode".
Ah! Thanks!

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:27 am But then I get a separate window instead, so I will have one window with the settings, and another one with the synth, even more annoying...sorry, I'm picky :)
But you only need to set the jbridge settings once ? What does it matter if its on a different window ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:46 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:27 am But then I get a separate window instead, so I will have one window with the settings, and another one with the synth, even more annoying...sorry, I'm picky :)
But you only need to set the jbridge settings once ? What does it matter if its on a different window ?
In Studio One two windows will open. One window in which the instrument normally will open in, which is a tabbed interface where you can switch between the plugins (one tab will show the jBridge settings), and one separate window which will show Genesis Pro. And this is even worse.

As I said, I'm picky, especially when it comes to graphical design, or the complete lack of design. I can't use anything that looks so hideous. This is one of the reasons I can't use Valhalla plugins for instance. No matter how good they sound, they are just so ugly I wanna puke.

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:50 am
Sughosha wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:19 amI want to see clean Genesis as it is and to feel at least that I'm running 64-bit Genesis Pro. :roll:
When one likes to run 64 bit plugins one should stop buying 32 bit plugins.
anybody who "likes" to run 64 bit plugins because they are 64 bit can't be a very interesting person.

Return to “Instruments”