DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:49 pm Would it be possible to allow the buttons in the user pages to act as on/off or min/max when assigned? Currently if you map a parameter to the buttons it can only be momentary so it sends full control when held. They only do min/max when they are unassigned and therefor acting as the min/max of the knob underneath them.

Also, would it be possible to maybe make the labels half the height so that you could have labels for both the knobs and the upper buttons? Having 8 buttons and 8 knobs assigned is excellent, but would be better to see the labels.

thanks!
In addition to this would it be possible to have the user assigned parameters show the label that was given in the device preset pages? Currently it shows the original name from the device parameter list, but those can't be changed.

thanks!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:49 pm Would it be possible to allow the buttons in the user pages to act as on/off or min/max when assigned? Currently if you map a parameter to the buttons it can only be momentary so it sends full control when held. They only do min/max when they are unassigned and therefor acting as the min/max of the knob underneath them.

Also, would it be possible to maybe make the labels half the height so that you could have labels for both the knobs and the upper buttons? Having 8 buttons and 8 knobs assigned is excellent, but would be better to see the labels.

thanks!
That is not how it is intended to work. You can only map the knobs. The buttons do then set the min/max of the assigned parameter!
I know you can assign anything to a button but I cannot prevent that from the extension.

vincenzoml wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:08 am @moss, could you consider adding an option to drivenbymoss (launchpad pro) to disable the function of pressing the "delete key" without pressing any other key? It deletes the current track, it is terribly dangerous in live usage, since undo does not restore the controller mapping to devices.
Yes, I agree. I guess it is better to turn that off completely.

bronko83 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:55 pm 1. Native Instruments S61 mk1:
When using the modulation strip, bitwig ist toggling between 2 states. Like in an empty project its juming between track 1 and send 1. But I also had it opening and closing the vst window on a different day.
Could it be that you accidently mapped this controller to a function in Bitwig? Since this strip is easily touched by accident I guess that is not unlikely.
bronko83 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:55 pm 2. Push 2:
The wiki says that holding Session will bring you back to Note mode. But I am not able to go back. It will stay at session view.
It only turns back if you pressed a pad to start a clip.

moss wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:47 pm

thanks!
That is not how it is intended to work. You can only map the knobs. The buttons do then set the min/max of the assigned parameter!
I know you can assign anything to a button but I cannot prevent that from the extension.
Yes I realize that. The request is to allow the buttons to be mapped as well. Because 8 knobs + 8 buttons at once is much more useful. You need potentially half as many pages and you have twice as many controls at once. The Display seems to have the space for it, no?

I'm a new user of the DrivenByMoss extension. It's great and I want to thank Jürgen for the great work!

I have a question: I mainly use the Open Sound Control (OSC) controller on a quite big touch screen. Is it possible to display more than 8 tracks in the mixer view (more than 8 tracks per bank) at the same time (I would prefer about 16)?

phazer99 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 am I'm a new user of the DrivenByMoss extension. It's great and I want to thank Jürgen for the great work!

I have a question: I mainly use the Open Sound Control (OSC) controller on a quite big touch screen. Is it possible to display more than 8 tracks in the mixer view (more than 8 tracks per bank) at the same time (I would prefer about 16)?
Currently it is not possible. It could be possible since the latest 3.1.3 but not 100% sure. Will put it on the wishlist.

Mantras wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:21 pm For example, adding one function - track 1 toggle mute to my Faderfox UC4 will work to control that function just fine, but it will still send the midi note through to the instrument on that track playing it each time I try to toggle mute.
I checked the note blocking and noticed that it only works on MIDI channel 1. Not sure how to fix this, need to experiment with the API a bit.
Mantras wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:21 pm Secondary, the LED feedback will not work no matter what I do, since the UC4 is not receiving any midi from Bitwig, even though I have selected both UC4 Midi input and output for midi setting.
The exact same UC4 configuration works normally in Traktor and the UC4 is indiciating received midi.
EDIT: LED feedback does only work for CC and pitchbend. So your controller uses MIDI notes?

moss wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:05 pm
bronko83 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:55 pm 1. Native Instruments S61 mk1:
When using the modulation strip, bitwig ist toggling between 2 states. Like in an empty project its juming between track 1 and send 1. But I also had it opening and closing the vst window on a different day.
Could it be that you accidently mapped this controller to a function in Bitwig? Since this strip is easily touched by accident I guess that is not unlikely.
bronko83 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:55 pm 2. Push 2:
The wiki says that holding Session will bring you back to Note mode. But I am not able to go back. It will stay at session view.
It only turns back if you pressed a pad to start a clip.
Hello Moss,

Thank you, I understand the Push 2 session button holding now.

But the S61 is still a problem here. If i load the script that comes with Bitwig or the generic keyboard + 8 knobs the modwheel strip is working fine. But with this script I just have to touch it and the focus is jumping in Bitwig between the tracks. Maybe you can give me a hint, where i can find the mappings, because I cannot find where they are, if there are some

Best wishes

moss wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:57 pm
phazer99 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 am I'm a new user of the DrivenByMoss extension. It's great and I want to thank Jürgen for the great work!

Currently it is not possible. It could be possible since the latest 3.1.3 but not 100% sure. Will put it on the wishlist.
Thanks! It would be a great feature for users who use larger touch screens, especially for Bitwig 16-track :)

bronko83 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:15 pm But the S61 is still a problem here. If i load the script that comes with Bitwig or the generic keyboard + 8 knobs the modwheel strip is working fine. But with this script I just have to touch it and the focus is jumping in Bitwig between the tracks. Maybe you can give me a hint, where i can find the mappings, because I cannot find where they are, if there are some
In the pane on the right there is a hand symbol with a pointing finder. Press that and check if the pane contains any mappings.

@Moss
just reporting that for me, the Push 2 user mode still is not usable. In user mode, all the encoders do is assign a midi note, instead of CC nrs. I def. have no other conflicting assignments, rest of yr script works beautifully.

Moss, is it technically possible to have the user assigned parameters show the label that was given in the device preset pages? Currently it shows the original name from the device parameter list, but those can't be changed. OR is this a limitation of the API?

AuralBee wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:27 pm @Moss
just reporting that for me, the Push 2 user mode still is not usable. In user mode, all the encoders do is assign a midi note, instead of CC nrs. I def. have no other conflicting assignments, rest of yr script works beautifully.
Are you running Bitwig 3.1.3? What is your OS?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:22 pm Moss, is it technically possible to have the user assigned parameters show the label that was given in the device preset pages? Currently it shows the original name from the device parameter list, but those can't be changed. OR is this a limitation of the API?
The device pages are not related to the user mappings. E.g. you can also assign a parameter to different pages and give them different names. The user mappings currently cannot renamed. You can send a feature request to Bitwig.

Return to “Controller Scripting”