Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

See My Post at the Bottom of this page for a "Final PDF Tutorial"
How to Export Plug-Ins For Catalina

i SampleScience Dope Vst and Others
First
i Edited the Unique ID in the msp.ressources on all Plugins to be Sure they will be recognized as New Plugins (and not Blacklisted ones)

Here is a "Packages" Project made For SampleScience that uses Symlinks inside the plugins instead of the original.mse the original.mse will be located in Library/Application/Support/SampleScience/Oberom Library
the advantage of this is it takes less sp[ace on the hard Drive and a Smallest Download for the User
When you will open the project you will see in the Payload section files in red  like in the Screenshot
Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 12.44.19 PM.png
this is because the project was created on another Computer you just need to delete those
Red folders and drag and drop the Folders "Audio" and "SampleScience""
to the Location they were before you deleted them!

Drop the Audio folder on the interface under Library/
And the SampleScience Folder under Library/Application Support/
like in the Screenshot
Build the Project and Install using CTRL-Click "Open" or Mouse Right Click

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0270zemad83zb ... m.zip?dl=0

Michel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Musik Man on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Edited.
Last edited by SampleScience on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Musik Man on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Sample Science i Just Finished my Update to Catalina 10.15.4 on My Mac Book Pro
and after i installed you Plugin Oberom with the Installer i Just Created For you (see Previous Post)
and everything is Working as it Should all Plugins Validated with no Problem Audio Units VST and VST3
Test it Please!
Michel
Last edited by Musik Man on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edited.
Last edited by SampleScience on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

so did you try the installer i created for you?

Edited.

I'm full with synthedit, I hardly worked with Maize for a long time, a greeting guys, stay safe!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Guys here it is the "Final PDF Tutorial" o How to Export Plug-Ins for Catalina

Exporting Maize Sampler Plugins For Catalina.pdf.zip

Musik Man :hihi:

Hi Musik Man, Iv recently got back to using maize and have been going through this tread. first I would like to thank you for your input into the Catalina solution this has been super helpful and generous of you. I have had to read over a few times but now feel I have a better understanding of what's required.

I just need to now look into the installer you mentioned to have a better understanding of that as previously I would only supply the files without an installer.

P.S
If we wanted to create expansions (for extra sounds to be loaded) would we still be required to create an installer for Catalina or could we just supply the .mse files? Thanks again!

Hi JakeJ

if you used symlinks inside the .mse you absolutely need an installer!
(Symbolic links are some kind of shortcuts that yourplugin.component , yourplugin.vst and *yourplugin.vst3 Plug-Ins will use to point to a single location for all you .mse library
something like Library/Application Support/"Your Company"/"Your Plugin Library""
so it saves space on the users machine because the library is there only one time
taking less space on the users computer!

let's say your mse library has 300mb for 3 plugins it would be 900mb
but when your using Symlinks in the AU VST and VST3 plugins
the installer including the 3 Plugins would be only 300mb
a Smaller Download for Customer

but if you just put the .mse directly into the Plugin
you have to tell your customer where to copy them!
being careful not to overwrite any other files

Musik Man

Thanks for the reply Musik Man! Ok, I will look into this :). I never thought it would be possible to create installers for future expansion packs for specif plugins we have created as well, so great to know! Would you say it's hard to create the installers for our plugins and expansions? Do you have a guide or resource for this?

I also forgot to ask, in regards to windows computers is there a way we can create a windows installer for our plugins and future expansions as well via a Mac OS? Maybe via the installer software you mention? Unfortunately, I don't have a windows machine. Otherwise, in this case, I would need to supply the plugins as files for windows.

Many Thanks!

No i do not have any Guide!
but if you look in my "How to export plug-Ins for Catalina""
you will find a link to "Whitebox Packages" Installer maker for Mac OS
read the manual or search you tube
you will find answers

there is An Installer Creator Called Bitrock Installbuilder that runs Windows
it can Create installers for Windows and Mac
but it's a little complicated you will have to learn from this Tutorial
https://clients.bitrock.com/installbuil ... index.html
Search the Web you will find it in Torrents
i'm using it for my Windows Installers
but i Prefer Whitebox Packages to Create my Mac Installers

Musik Man

Ah ok, great thanks so much for the resources! This will be really helpful.
So If we are creating our plugins on a Mac OS before Catalina, should we still use the Whitebox Packages?

Also to note I will be using Maize 2.59 on Mac OS Mojave to build my Plugins and libraries.

Jake

Whitebox Packages will Work for all Versions of Mac OS
i'm presently Building on El Capitan with v2.5.6 (good for 32/64bit Binaries)
and all my Plugins are working from Snow Leopard 10.6 32/64bit up to Big Sur 11.0.1 64 bit
and for v2.5.9 no Problem but only 64 bit
go to my website and download any trial test it and you will see!
www.mbaudiolab.com
Last edited by Musik Man on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Maizesoft”