Waveform 11.0.24 Beta Available

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, the first public beta version of W11 is now available to download from your download area at tracktion.com under the "BETA" link.

Code: Select all

11.0.24:
- Plugins:          Ensured legacy plugins don't appear on the tag plugin menu if they're disabled
- Automation:       Fixed a problem dragging automation sections with ctrl/cmd held

11.0.23:
- Plugins:          Fixed some hanging notes with some plugins by avoiding sending multiple note-on events
- Sampler:          Fixed crash if preview layer with no sample
- Plugins:          Fixed a problem with some plugins not being able to record automation
- Plugins:          Fixed a potential crash when recording automation and deleting plugins
- macOS:            Fixed a rare crash relating to rendering with the Metal pipeline
- Demo mode:        Fixed a problem where the time left of a demo period wouldn't be displayed
- ClipFX:           Fixed a problem where plugins without automation wouldn't update the layer
There is also a known issue that plugin sandboxing is not working under macOS 10.11 (El Capitan).
As this version of the operating system is too old to install on to our development machines we are unable investigate fixing this for now. As such, if you are still using 10.11 please don't use the sandboxing feature, we will be removing it from 10.11 systems in a future update until we are able to verify it works without problems.
Plugin sandboxing has been reported to be working well on all other operating systems and versions we support.

Thank you very much!
Make a video with the new midi instruments
and with artisan plugins.
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

OK, thanks I will made some tests and report.
It's not urgent for El capitan kernel panic crash as I planned to purchase a new computer (mac or PC) this year, so no more El Capitan.

Yes, apologies for El Cap plugin support but Apple has made it basically impossible to build and test current code on macOS versions that old. We have a loose rule that we'll support 5 versions of macOS and with 10.16 (probably) coming out this year we'll have to drop support for it anyway.
As far as I'm aware, it's only plugin sandboxing that is affected by this, everything else should work ok.

dRowAudio wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 am Yes, apologies for El Cap plugin support but Apple has made it basically impossible to build and test current code on macOS versions that old. We have a loose rule that we'll support 5 versions of macOS and with 10.16 (probably) coming out this year we'll have to drop support for it anyway.
As far as I'm aware, it's only plugin sandboxing that is affected by this, everything else should work ok.
You're welcome.
I heard other developpers complain about changes in Apple policy regarding softs validation in Catalina.
It's time to invest on a new computer as more and more softs will not be El Capitan compatible.
Apple and it's planned obsolescence !

Noticed this bug : W11 arpegiator is out of sync when midi controlers datas are received by the track.

Also noticed the arpegiator pattern notes are offbeats with the midi clips.

Just updated to 11.0.24 under Win10. Two issues:

1. I can no longer change to color of clips. Changing the clip color--by clicking on the clip and changing the color from the spectrum--leave the clip unchanged but changes the colors of the notes in the editor.

2. More pressingly, I've copied a MIDI clip to the same track (verse 1 to verse 2), and the first note of the second clip fails to play. Adjusting its timing a few milliseconds solves the problem, but you can hear the gap on playback. This hasn't ever happened before under 10.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I found a bug in Plugin Sandboxing:
While in fullscreen mode, by pressing this button:
Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, March 29, 2020_19h01m01s_007_.png
if I load any plugin, the screen gets windowed (exits fullscreen).

This started happening after I enabled Plugin Sandboxing.

P.S: Waveform version 11.0.24, Windows 10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Still crashes the whole thing if there's a wrapper in the mixer - not just the sandbox. Makes it really hard to use seriously. Hoping this gets fixed in the next release.

often still fail,
such as the free rompler RaveGenerator2-x64, Smart eq, Smart comp and many other vst
poorly optimized
others like Bitwig, Orion, Mixbus work great.
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

Captain Chords still have some ui issues that does it unusable.

Win 10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:41 am Still crashes the whole thing if there's a wrapper in the mixer - not just the sandbox. Makes it really hard to use seriously. Hoping this gets fixed in the next release.
Can you maybe start a new thread about this issue so it doesn't get buried?
I'm not sure exactly what you're reporting. If I add one of the Rack presets to either a track's plugin area or the master plugins, everything works as expected...

Is it perhaps a specific plugin you're using inside the Rack that is crashing?

ero wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:49 am Captain Chords still have some ui issues that does it unusable.

Win 10
Have you reported this to the plugin manufacturers?
It's probably one of two possible problems:
1) They don't support Hi-DPI mode correctly, try toggling "Enable DPI Awareness" from the plugin options button (top-left) and re-opening the UI to see if this helps
2) It's a graphics driver problem if they use OpenGL

We'd be more than happy to help if there's anything we can do from our end, however from the hosting side all we do is give the plugin a window to draw on to so its very hard to know what could be the problem. We need some feedback from the plugin developers I' afraid.

Watchful wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:21 am Just updated to 11.0.24 under Win10. Two issues:

1. I can no longer change to color of clips. Changing the clip color--by clicking on the clip and changing the color from the spectrum--leave the clip unchanged but changes the colors of the notes in the editor.

2. More pressingly, I've copied a MIDI clip to the same track (verse 1 to verse 2), and the first note of the second clip fails to play. Adjusting its timing a few milliseconds solves the problem, but you can hear the gap on playback. This hasn't ever happened before under 10.
Is this just a specific plugin or all plugins this is happening to?
I've been trying to solve missing first notes when looping etc. which seems to be better but as soon as I fix an issue in one plugin, another dodgy plugin fails to handle that case...

Return to “Tracktion”