NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
31665 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:08 pm

rasmusklump wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 am
Seems some here are on N.I.s payroll.
really? This person also reported my post suggesting that I was bribed by NI to change the title...seriously, I spend too much time here to put up with this absolute kind of bullshit and attack on my good name.

AnX
KVRAF
7036 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: NI activation thread

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 pm

Hink wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm
AnX wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:22 am
in the works, sure.... when it arrives ppl can turn the alarm off... until then, the pressure has to stay (after all, they were quite happy to continue with the f**k over until they got a lot of neg publicity and were virtually strong armed into finding a solution)
but we dont need to be raising false alarms either, sorry if you dont agree but I think it was the right call to dial back the tone on the title especially with Matt coming in and doing all he has done.
he hasn't actually done anything yet, talk is cheap :wink:

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
19667 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: NI activation thread

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:46 pm

Actually, he did do a lot, but you wouldn't know any of that.

AnX
KVRAF
7036 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:33 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:46 pm
Actually, he did do a lot, but you wouldn't know any of that.
nobody would, until they actually solve the problem (or not) , so what's your point?

like i said, chit chat on a forum isn't the solution, and many ppl may still be unaware of the problem (as has already been proven) , so changing the topic title is just plain wrong

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
6629 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 am

I wish some of you to fall on your pitchforks
my music: https://www.soundclick.com/alexcooper
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

AnX
KVRAF
7036 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:37 am

back to your dull edm billy boy...

chk071
KVRAF
24034 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:25 am

ATS wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 am
I wish some of you to fall on your pitchforks
:lol: :tu:
Plugins and a DAW. On a operating system. Which runs on a computer.

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
31665 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:10 am

AnX wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 pm
Hink wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm
AnX wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:22 am
in the works, sure.... when it arrives ppl can turn the alarm off... until then, the pressure has to stay (after all, they were quite happy to continue with the f**k over until they got a lot of neg publicity and were virtually strong armed into finding a solution)
but we dont need to be raising false alarms either, sorry if you dont agree but I think it was the right call to dial back the tone on the title especially with Matt coming in and doing all he has done.
he hasn't actually done anything yet, talk is cheap :wink:
the fact is he has demonstrated a clear good faith effort to deal with the situation, I think that deserves respect.

dickie001x
KVRer
28 posts since 21 Apr, 2007

Re: NI will no longer activate discontinued products (from May 31st on)

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:11 am

fmr wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 am
Matt_NI wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:32 am
If anyone could drop me their NI account email via PM, I'll happily check with newsletter team if it was sent to you or not (and if not why it wasn't)
PM sent :-)
Yep - PM on way to you too - thanks.

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
6162 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:31 am

Hink wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:10 am
AnX wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 pm
Hink wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm
AnX wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:22 am
in the works, sure.... when it arrives ppl can turn the alarm off... until then, the pressure has to stay (after all, they were quite happy to continue with the f**k over until they got a lot of neg publicity and were virtually strong armed into finding a solution)
but we dont need to be raising false alarms either, sorry if you dont agree but I think it was the right call to dial back the tone on the title especially with Matt coming in and doing all he has done.
he hasn't actually done anything yet, talk is cheap :wink:
the fact is he has demonstrated a clear good faith effort to deal with the situation, I think that deserves respect.
Maybe, but I’ve seen companies send people to deal with customer backlashes only for it to turn out to be an utterly insincere act and nothing was really done, or the person they sent got thrown under the bus (and also nothing was done). This situation still has yet to show any actual results other than good-sounding talk from one NI employee.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

AnX
KVRAF
7036 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:29 am

:clap:

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
31665 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:07 am

I disagree...I think the backlash if they went back on this would be worse for NI, meanwhile people are getting unduly alarmed. If you got a problem with it pm ben, dan meffy, gary, kev to change it back...but right now I'm leaving it as is...no matter what I do it doesn't please everyone :shrug:

chk071
KVRAF
24034 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:19 am

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:31 am
Hink wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:10 am
AnX wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 pm
Hink wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm
AnX wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:22 am
in the works, sure.... when it arrives ppl can turn the alarm off... until then, the pressure has to stay (after all, they were quite happy to continue with the f**k over until they got a lot of neg publicity and were virtually strong armed into finding a solution)
but we dont need to be raising false alarms either, sorry if you dont agree but I think it was the right call to dial back the tone on the title especially with Matt coming in and doing all he has done.
he hasn't actually done anything yet, talk is cheap :wink:
the fact is he has demonstrated a clear good faith effort to deal with the situation, I think that deserves respect.
Maybe, but I’ve seen companies send people to deal with customer backlashes only for it to turn out to be an utterly insincere act and nothing was really done, or the person they sent got thrown under the bus (and also nothing was done). This situation still has yet to show any actual results other than good-sounding talk from one NI employee.
That's why people should wait until facts are laid out. Instead of spinning weird consipracy theories everywhere.
Plugins and a DAW. On a operating system. Which runs on a computer.

glokraw
KVRAF
7481 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:13 pm

Some people speak as if code grows in orchards, waiting to be picked
like an orange. Maybe a few fundamental libs/modules or?

It follows that they think any old coder could qwerty into
software developed over a decade or more, and meld it
into a modern system without breakage, and that within a week.

All the while the beancounters, lawyers, stakeholders
and CTO types are mud-wrestling in conference room A :scared:

I predict that something good will come of all this :hyper:

(and I must include new discoveries made using 'old' NI products,
as part of 'this')
Cheers

machinesworking
KVRAF
2324 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Re: NI activation thread

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:12 pm

Hink wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:07 am
I disagree...I think the backlash if they went back on this would be worse for NI, meanwhile people are getting unduly alarmed. If you got a problem with it pm ben, dan meffy, gary, kev to change it back...but right now I'm leaving it as is...no matter what I do it doesn't please everyone :shrug:
I'm not up in arms or anything, but the new title is much less descriptive of the discussion at hand. Why would you be surprised that the flat softening of the title is met with less than enthusiasm? The topic is still about the discontinuation of activation, whether NI are going to backpedal and actually fix the issue or not. The title "NI activation thread" is as generic as it gets, and has nothing to do with the subject really.

Return to “Instruments”