NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rasmusklump wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:22 pm Seems some here are on N.I.s payroll.
really? This person also reported my post suggesting that I was bribed by NI to change the title...seriously, I spend too much time here to put up with this absolute kind of bullshit and attack on my good name.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:13 am
AnX wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:22 pm in the works, sure.... when it arrives ppl can turn the alarm off... until then, the pressure has to stay (after all, they were quite happy to continue with the f**k over until they got a lot of neg publicity and were virtually strong armed into finding a solution)
but we dont need to be raising false alarms either, sorry if you dont agree but I think it was the right call to dial back the tone on the title especially with Matt coming in and doing all he has done.
he hasn't actually done anything yet, talk is cheap :wink:

Actually, he did do a lot, but you wouldn't know any of that.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:46 am Actually, he did do a lot, but you wouldn't know any of that.
nobody would, until they actually solve the problem (or not) , so what's your point?

like i said, chit chat on a forum isn't the solution, and many ppl may still be unaware of the problem (as has already been proven) , so changing the topic title is just plain wrong

I wish some of you to fall on your pitchforks
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

back to your dull edm billy boy...

ATS wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:19 am I wish some of you to fall on your pitchforks
:lol: :tu:

AnX wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:06 am
AnX wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:22 pm in the works, sure.... when it arrives ppl can turn the alarm off... until then, the pressure has to stay (after all, they were quite happy to continue with the f**k over until they got a lot of neg publicity and were virtually strong armed into finding a solution)
but we dont need to be raising false alarms either, sorry if you dont agree but I think it was the right call to dial back the tone on the title especially with Matt coming in and doing all he has done.
the fact is he has demonstrated a clear good faith effort to deal with the situation, I think that deserves respect.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

fmr wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 pm
Matt_NI wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:32 am If anyone could drop me their NI account email via PM, I'll happily check with newsletter team if it was sent to you or not (and if not why it wasn't)
PM sent :-)
Yep - PM on way to you too - thanks.

Hink wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:10 am
the fact is he has demonstrated a clear good faith effort to deal with the situation, I think that deserves respect.
Maybe, but I’ve seen companies send people to deal with customer backlashes only for it to turn out to be an utterly insincere act and nothing was really done, or the person they sent got thrown under the bus (and also nothing was done). This situation still has yet to show any actual results other than good-sounding talk from one NI employee.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

:clap:

I disagree...I think the backlash if they went back on this would be worse for NI, meanwhile people are getting unduly alarmed. If you got a problem with it pm ben, dan meffy, gary, kev to change it back...but right now I'm leaving it as is...no matter what I do it doesn't please everyone :shrug:

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:31 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:10 am
Maybe, but I’ve seen companies send people to deal with customer backlashes only for it to turn out to be an utterly insincere act and nothing was really done, or the person they sent got thrown under the bus (and also nothing was done). This situation still has yet to show any actual results other than good-sounding talk from one NI employee.
That's why people should wait until facts are laid out. Instead of spinning weird consipracy theories everywhere.

Some people speak as if code grows in orchards, waiting to be picked
like an orange. Maybe a few fundamental libs/modules or?

It follows that they think any old coder could qwerty into
software developed over a decade or more, and meld it
into a modern system without breakage, and that within a week.

All the while the beancounters, lawyers, stakeholders
and CTO types are mud-wrestling in conference room A :scared:

I predict that something good will come of all this :hyper:

(and I must include new discoveries made using 'old' NI products,
as part of 'this')
Cheers

Hink wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:07 pm I disagree...I think the backlash if they went back on this would be worse for NI, meanwhile people are getting unduly alarmed. If you got a problem with it pm ben, dan meffy, gary, kev to change it back...but right now I'm leaving it as is...no matter what I do it doesn't please everyone :shrug:
I'm not up in arms or anything, but the new title is much less descriptive of the discussion at hand. Why would you be surprised that the flat softening of the title is met with less than enthusiasm? The topic is still about the discontinuation of activation, whether NI are going to backpedal and actually fix the issue or not. The title "NI activation thread" is as generic as it gets, and has nothing to do with the subject really.

Return to “Instruments”