User Songs

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

yellukhan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:16 pm Thank you!
still i am trying to get the logic of that heart icon
-it saves to where?
-how to recall the saved ones ?
-what is the differences from saving as generator preset in the bottom?
oh man, i clicked them, but never followed through.. no clue yet.. made the assumption they worked..

Ok, pretty straight forward... click the heart, brings up a little dialog, type name in box... click save as a preset.. add another, same way.. when you click the heart, you will see the saved presets with an X in front.. X to delete, click the name to recall that preset.

the one at the bottom is exactly like the phrase dialog were you can build a list in the phrase dialog..

Thank you so much BluGenes! :hug:

so great to read you guys talking, so much to learn from you! Thank you for every video you make! so much! so much i still have to learn. If I head them all 10 times it will barely be enough :D

http://jamen.do/t/1747167
this weekend's not very good musical attempt of mine. Always learning more about the amazigness that is RC (thank you so much Atilla and thank you so much also to you guys for your tutorials !).

Something that is special (for me) about this one is that it's the first time i go in the opposite direction: normally i first work out a chord progression or song big structure or something, with this one I went the other way around: I used the brilliant melody editor (also my first time) to make a melody in Dorian, then reharmonized to get the chords with it, then duplicated the section and made it aeolian (/natural minor?) because afaik they're close and then proceeded to build from that, particularly to use generators but apply the rhythm by alt-dragging it from the melody.

This is a very interesting workflow, and though I don't love this particular song I could see many possibilities... especially if as I hope there is or will be a way to transorm any midi melody, obtained in any way (even with a random melody generator or concatenating multiple generators) into a Melody Editor phrase and have the melody editor read from it it's A/B/C/D motifs thereby allowing to say change a C by regenerating it inside the melody editory. Don't know yet if that's possible but I'm sure it will be eventually and even if not yet it's still exciting to have this direction as a possibility.

One thing I'd love to learn from our resident theory gurus is some hints to how to make two phrases "compatible". If one simply regenerates some things things sometime contradict themselves, like opposing rhythms, I think by dragging & apply rhythm from one melody to another phrase (say a stacato strings or generic generator) some extent of "compatibility" is indeed created, however as this song showed me that does tend to just reinforce the phrase rhythm, without adding something to it... Hope i'll figure it out in time....

Aaaaanyway, again, thank you so much Atilla for this amazing way to compose. It is very important and precious to me that this workflow means the process itself is entertaining for the composer, not just the end result for the audience. This is so great! (not my song, i mean RC is so great!)

http://jamen.do/t/1749269

Song name I guess you can guess by what it was inspired... was testing the last version possibly before the epic next version, and as the description says "Dedicated to the brilliant programmer & musical genius that is Attila Mezei". Thank you so sooo much for all your fantastic work!

Tried again the workflow centered around the melody editor, although this one after harmonizing I took control of the progression more. I think went through Dorian, Phrygian and then Lydian modes. I spent a bit more time wiggling around a modwheel/cc1 controller for extra expressivity though it took a lot of time and I can't wait until this will be included in the generation system of RC. As it was I just did it 10% of what it would've been needed :P

As it is all i did was record moving the modwheel between 50% and 100% with peaks towards 3/4 to ends of phrases & bias when notes are higher (therefore presumably higher to reach for the instrument players) and it already added a LOT imo. I really hope this could become a standard feature of generators in the future at least for CC1/modwheel.

Watching sample makers and instrument players I know I should've been interpreting with moving modwheel & expression (cc1 & 11 i think) maybe also vibrato (cc21 i think?) so that each note/phrase enters first softer and grows to maturity and i get the most out of my sample libraries but of course I didnt' do that 'cause it takes too much time and I never would finish anything if I did (I keep my wife waiting way too many days as it is) ... which is why I hope with all my heart by tthe end of the next major version cycle we'll have that in RapidComposer automagically. I try whenever I can to fake that a bit by pushing compressor settings which in some ways also make volumes go up gradually but of course this is not at all the same as it doesn't change the nature of the samples/how the instrument is played/sounds it emmits, still rather do this than spend soo much more time or not have anything simulating that concept.

One other thing that i did special for this one was extensively use the chord generators, love how they unite, love how I could chose with pairs of 2 per bar weatehr to add or not add interest to a chording, and also right at the beginning i played a bit with extending certain chord notes to start 1/8 -1/4 earlier or later forming little entry melodies. Would be great if something like this one day became a variation as i felt it added quite a bit and often times with instruments why they don't like how they should is because we play them as chords/piano when they'd need to come in a bit early/late or even better in little melodic patterns of earlier and later (i wish I could've/had reproduced that idea for the first few chords as I could imagine an interest there).

Aaaanyway, that's my latest attempt. Fun for the weekend. Thanks a lot Attila, can't wait for the next version and future features and thank you sooo sooo much for the idea you had in making this great software, the skills to do it, and the amazing perseverence to stick to it for 10 amazing years to bring it to maturity! You ROOOOOOOOOOCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The universe owes you big time for your great work!

All I can say is WOW! :clap:
This is a master piece, iXaarii! You are advancing with classical music composition very quickly.

The description is a bit exaggerated though :oops:
Thank you for the kind words!

Everybody, please stay safe at home, and compose music with RapidComposer! :hihi:
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Beautiful! :tu:

only thing i didn't like on first listen is the "loud" staccato/maracato woodwinds at 4:40
but .. then i start to hear them normal on second and third listens!

PS: its also gives nice results with my Falcon Granular / sound robbery so far i experiment with
:hihi:

thank you so much guys, your encouragements mean the world to me!
musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:27 pm All I can say is WOW! :clap:
This is a master piece, iXaarii! You are advancing with classical music composition very quickly.
The description is a bit exaggerated though :oops:
anything said by the mastermind who envisioned this software so revolutionary in integrating the logic of music into coding is not too much but if anything too little. Years before you did it you planned it, and a decade after you did it nobody out there is coming even close in putting in the rules of music into algorithms as you do, with most being even more backward by acting like music "doesn't have rules" ... YOU ROCK!! THAANK YOU!!!!
yellukhan wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:16 pm Beautiful! :tu:
only thing i didn't like on first listen is the "loud" staccato/maracato woodwinds at 4:40
but .. then i start to hear them normal on second and third listens!
thank you very very much Yellukhan for the pinpoint commentary, it's incredibly valuable to hear the music through your great ears. I guess what might've happened to me was similar to what you describe is during the many listens during the composition i was already in stage 2 :P

this weekend's humble attempt:
http://jamen.do/t/1751469

and this weekend i made this crazy thing: http://jamen.do/t/1753803

this has been a good weekend: http://jamen.do/t/1754104 I managed to put out a second little one

and here's another one.
http://jamen.do/t/1754339
As always, curious of your feedback, and very very veery thankful for Rapid Composer which is just aaaamazing! Thank you so much Attila Mezei! You've created something truly amazing and I am forever thankful for what you've brought into my life, all the possibilities!
Again one of my favorite features remains the conforming to keys and how easy it is to switch from in this case harmonic minor to minor and back and have everything conform to that!

Fortress Waltzin
i love it!

Fluffy Cloudz
i liked especially after around 3:00 mins

Peculiarly Remakable
as the name says :D
love it !

:tu:

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Especially for the names and the time moments also.
You didn't mention Nonotic 1022 so i guess that was the miss this round particularly, I'm curious if it was the percussive colegnos or the drum kit that maybe ruined it or simply not great idea. Don't get me wrong, there's always gotta be a last, was just curious.

I'm happy you liked Peculiarly Remakable as that was a bit weird.
With fortress Fortress Waltzin I wanted to make a waltz like thing but i didn't know how to set that up in RC or things to do, so i figured i'd start with importing a quick midi from Band in a Box, but i ended up still puzzled, and i never managed to get the bars/phrases to align perfectly as I made then like 15 more tracks in RC and tried to make them work together, in the end deleting the Biab stuff but I still hope to one day figure out import/configuration settings for RC for special time signatures and waltzes are still something close to my heart, love Strauss' stuff but also modern songs that take that kind of a special structure.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”