Plugin Alliance Leap Year Sale 2020: What did you buy? How much did you spend?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V0RT3X wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:17 am i bought two

oberhausen and lion now.

Thats it! No more
Until next time!

Nothing at all. They released nothing interesting in the last months.

I used to purchase a plugin every month using my voucher but everything changed when they made those shady NFR policies that still appear unclear to me. So now I think twice before purchasing anything from them.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

The minimum spend on the vouchers have made buying from them less of a no- brainer than it used to be. My $50_voucher still hasn't been used this month.

I'm hoping for Thorn to go back on sale my demo time had expired without me getting to try and wasn't that impressed with youtube demos but now demo reset and Ive been trying I'm very impressed ! :)

Brainworx bx_saturator V2 can be had for $15 with code SAT-V2-3999 and the survey voucher. Wondering if it is any worth if you already have Soundtoys and Waves stuff.

Demoing it right now. Some useful features, but a one great feature for FL Studio users is that you can access the right-click pop menu for any knobs just like how you would for any native FL plugins or functions. I have observed this with FabFilter plugins too. Very useful for creating automation clip directly, for example.

I guess only Brainworx plugins have this for any PA plugin, because it's certainly not the case with Unfiltered Audio Fault.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:36 pm The minimum spend on the vouchers have made buying from them less of a no- brainer than it used to be. My $50_voucher still hasn't been used this month.
As you may have seen I had to swap mine on the marketplace for a 25. However that may have been a bad move as they are bringing forward the first quarter sale to the 28th. We will see....

Rickskii wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:29 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:36 pm The minimum spend on the vouchers have made buying from them less of a no- brainer than it used to be. My $50_voucher still hasn't been used this month.
As you may have seen I had to swap mine on the marketplace for a 25. However that may have been a bad move as they are bringing forward the first quarter sale to the 28th. We will see....
Thanks for the info about the sale. I haven't received a mail about it. Will see if there's anything to spend my voucher on. :tu:

nabbed thorn and lion for the hell of it. didn't need them lol but WTH... couldn't beat the price and they sound different than my others and can always use instruments even if one is only really good for sound design effects (lion) cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

delete

SSL Console E
SSL Console G
Focusrite Console SC
Metric A/B

Very good plugins, however the Focusrite Console SC does not sit very well in my style of music.

scarlettsroom wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:58 pm the Focusrite Console SC does not sit very well in my style of music.
Can I ask why you bought it then?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:56 pm
scarlettsroom wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:58 pm the Focusrite Console SC does not sit very well in my style of music.
Can I ask why you bought it then?
Hi, yeah of course. I test with one song in the moment and I like the result. So for 30$ was a steal. However this month I mixed a lot of songs and I realize that I prefer the SSL ones. Always the SSL sounds better in a rock-metal context for my taste so I am not using it enough to justify the purchase.

My mistake. :dog:

Edit: I have to add that I put it on sale for 25$ + the March 25$ Voucher to pay the fee just in case someone is interested.

Damn, DS Thorn can be currently had for just $15 with the PA survey voucher (or any other $25 voucher, of course). Thought the leap-year $30 deal was the best. Steal at $30, no-excuse at $15. :o

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/customer-survey.html

I have a $50 voucher that requires a minimum spend of $75. I would trade it for a $25 voucher if anyone wants to.

Return to “Effects”