Mod Wheel to Smart Control Diva

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't seem to work this out. There seems to be no mod wheel or course tune in diva to assign to a smart control. I'm hoping to assign it to an x/y pad for a ribbon controller like effect.

DAW Logic's Smart Control?

That is what I am trying to assign it too. However I can't see an option to control the pitch bend or course tune in UHE products and smart controls.

The mod wheel and pitch bend are no automatable parameters, i.e. you cannot assign them to Logic smart controls or external MIDI controllers, since both are already external MIDI controls.

If you want to control the tune, then you can assign Diva's oscillator tune parameter to a Logic smart control.

If you just want to control some parameters of Diva via an external XY controller, you could find out if the XY field of your controller is sending out MIDI CC data, and on which CC numbers it sends it. Then you could assign those two CCs to Control A and B in Diva, and use Control A and B as modulation source (if the parameters have modulation slots).

Or you simply use Diva's MIDI learn feature to assign your XY controller to the desired parameters.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:33 pm The mod wheel and pitch bend are no automatable parameters, i.e. you cannot assign them to Logic smart controls or external MIDI controllers, since both are already external MIDI controls.

If you want to control the tune, then you can assign Diva's oscillator tune parameter to a Logic smart control.

If you just want to control some parameters of Diva via an external XY controller, you could find out if the XY field of your controller is sending out MIDI CC data, and on which CC numbers it sends it. Then you could assign those two CCs to Control A and B in Diva, and use Control A and B as modulation source (if the parameters have modulation slots).

Or you simply use Diva's MIDI learn feature to assign your XY controller to the desired parameters.
I don't think assigning it to Diva's tune works, as it is not a course tune. For eg. the Moog Oscillator only offers tune by octave or cents. thanks

mkruse wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:35 amI don't think assigning it to Diva's tune works, as it is not a course tune. For eg. the Moog Oscillator only offers tune by octave or cents. thanks
I am not sure if I understand what your intention is.
Do you want the tune control to switch in octaves when controlling it remotely?

You could do this via Diva's MIDI assignment. Once you assigned a CC to it, go to the MIDI table page and set the mode for this controller from "normal" to "octaves".

Or you assign the tune parameter to a smart control in Logic. There you can set the intervals in which the parameter changes its value when using the smart control.

I'm after a Cs80 style ribbon controller effect.

Where there's a will, there's usually a way: Try setting a constant e.g. Stack Index as source for tune modulation, then MIDI-learn the TUNE MOD knob.

Return to “u-he”