2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:27 pm what would one poogle search for such an item that is virus safe?

asking for a friend...
i got my version of that one off ebay. mint condition unissued, sealed since the vietnam war.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

cool.
guess theyre going to be "the new normal" for a bit.

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:17 pm cool.
guess theyre going to be "the new normal" for a bit.
that would be amusing...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Zorlon Cannon mk2 incoming. :hyper: Random gates which can be combined into random CV, and Atari 2600-like noise. I've heard some demos where people build it into fantastic chord drones, and I think that's what sold me. Plus it's also another Harvestman odd-HP module and will fill the remaining space in my case completely (aside from what's reserved for E520). 8)

I'm going to plan not make any more changes to my modular from this point. If there are any small modules that I get really bad GAS for I could still swap out some lower priority things, but nothing out there right now is calling.

The Zorlon arrived. It's pretty fantastic. I just used it in a recording as:

- a psuedo-random CV sequencer, tuned to intervals of my choosing, which I used for pitch, through a comparator to trigger envelopes, and to be sampled by Marbles for more CV
- additional psuedo-random gates to trigger other stuff
- a bass voice (with Natural Gate)
- a plucky voice (with the other Natural Gate channel & Mimeophon)
- an Atari-esque noise source
- audio input & Structure modulation for Rings

...simultaneously. :band:

Picked up a Handsome Audio Zulu tape simulation machine.
Fair price, mint condition and quick shipping from London (but always a bit dicey paying three quarters of a grand for something when I'm currently trying to sort out furloughed pay and only have a couple of grand savings :scared: :D ).

It will go well with my Silver Bullet.
Dark Water Hardware Studio looking handsome now :party:

My Lyra-8 arrived on Thursday (next day delivery from Gear4music). I spent Thursday & Friday evenings getting to know it. What a fantastic, inspiring, synthesizer. Love it :D

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:25 pm My Lyra-8 arrived on Thursday (next day delivery from Gear4music). I spent Thursday & Friday evenings getting to know it. What a fantastic, inspiring, synthesizer. Love it :D
nice!
i only have the fx module which is fairly wild for a basic delay :hihi:
i know foosnark has been enjoying his too, sure youll have plenty of fun :ud:

I ordered a Komplete Kontrol M32 earlier. Really wanted that one. :)

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:38 pm I ordered a Komplete Kontrol M32 earlier. Really wanted that one. :)
let me know how it goes.
i think after almost 20 years it might be time for a new kbcontroller :hihi:
the direct integration with ni 0roducts would be good, its pretty much all im using in software these days anyway.

Bought some new arms for my A-Frame to accommodate more gear. :wheee:

vurt wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:53 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:38 pm I ordered a Komplete Kontrol M32 earlier. Really wanted that one. :)
let me know how it goes.
i think after almost 20 years it might be time for a new kbcontroller :hihi:
the direct integration with ni 0roducts would be good, its pretty much all im using in software these days anyway.
Yeah, I've been looking for a long time for good software integration of a MIDI controller, and, the NI one is as close as it gets to what I want (I absolutely detest AKAI VIP, for example). I also like the form factor, and that it has half a octave more as my former mini keyboard. :)

Bought a Roland FP-30 to help me with learning piano, the keybed is quite impressive for the price, not quite as good as my teachers Steinway (obviously) but it's a massive jump to help me progress from the Nektar T6 I was using to practice on

Was almost tempted to buy a refurbished Circuit Mono Station from Novation as they're on offer at the moment, but figured if I'm going to get a Peak or Summit eventually it'll be redundant as I don't want it for the sequencing side of things although some of the features are pretty cool. In the meantime I'm holding out on ebay for a decently priced AN1X to come up :love:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:55 pm Bought some new arms for my A-Frame to accommodate more gear. :wheee:
Sicko....

now how about more arms and fingers to play 'em with... :P

toonertik wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:06 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:55 pm Bought some new arms for my A-Frame to accommodate more gear. :wheee:
Sicko....

now how about more arms and fingers to play 'em with... :P
thats why god gave us sequencers.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”