2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

OK, thanks to the significantly extended demo time I was able to test the combination with Precedence ;)
I am surprised! The combination Breeze2 and Precedence works surprisingly well. But I had to rethink a little bit: Sounds that were thought "in the face" can't be positioned too far away. If the reverb is a creative part of the sound and should not be changed the Breeze instance cannot be linked or the character of the reverb will be changed too much.

My first try (snippets are each 1:13 min, the biggest audible changes are the first 30 mins)
Without Precedence
Chillout - Sept 3

With Precedence
Chillout - Sept 3 - spatial

jbraner wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:09 pm
Even if you could automatically pick the Precedence/Breeze instance on the same track - and offer to "link". Even if the name is "ID_01", but you're linked - that would be a help. (you could always break the link if you realise you've accidentally linked to the wrong instance)
Then, once you're linked - if you could change the name in, say, Precedence, and it automatically updated the name in Breeze (or vice versa) - that would be super helpful.
As it is now, I find it to be a real pain to run Precedence/Breeze on every track - and keep threatening (all in my own head) to just run Breeze on a buss - and point all the Precedence (on each track) instances to it.
That would be *so* much easier - and it's the way we used to do it ;)

I'm not trying to be negative - but we're not quite there yet ;)

In general I agree on these topics 100%, setup can be made to be more automatic and less tedious...

But as I did not code these exact aspects myself personally I can't comment completely intelligently on the challenges regarding changing how we establish linking or how other things might break if we go changing things to achieve some "partial improvement goals" like having Breeze automatically change its instance name if already linked etc.

I can tell you that both Denis and I agree that the ideal solution is to automatically read track names like several have suggested already. That is what we want to do eventually, yes. However, to do it for VST, we have to port our plugs to VST-3 which is a non-trival task. It is something that is inevitable though and somewhat overdo yes...

In short, we know this and agree with the goal 100%, now we just have to find the time to make it happen while also doing all the other tasks we are working on. :tu:

note also though, if you load them in order they will indeed be named ID 001, ID 002 etc and stay linked already even without any renaming.

i.e:

0) add 64 tracks
1) add P to track 1
2) add B to track 1 after P, enable Link mode
3) copy Track 1 in the Mixer,
4) select tracks 2-64, paste.

all 64 (or however many you like) tracks now have linked instances and the ID number will agree with the host track number.

(and if you want to use Multi-Instance editing, simply Join Group 1 in steps 1 and 2.)

That is quite automatic/painless.

Now if wish to rename, open the GUI P and B GUIs for track 1, copy Host track name, paste into P, paste into B. (or type into P then copy, then paste in B if you can't copy/paste from host). Then change instance in P (B will follow), rename in P, renaming in B, change instance in P, repeat... this is the tedious part, yes. But it is not completely horrible compared or other "template setup tasks" encountered in large scoring projects with tons of Kontact instances etc for example. If you set up some working "templates" like this for new projects, it does not have to be done every time.

this does NOT negate my previous message. We WOULD like to make instance naming automatic. But perhaps this info/reminder helps meanwhile until we get there...
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ploki wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:46 pm
Andrew Souter wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:39 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:25 pm can't wait for Aether and B2 updates :)
at least one of them this year we hope... (and other stuff). :tu:
Can't decide whether to root for Aether or B2... :lol:
i'll go with Aether :D
Same here!

Andrew Souter wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:59 pm note also though, if you load them in order they will indeed be named ID 001, ID 002 etc and stay linked already even without any renaming.

i.e:

0) add 64 tracks
1) add P to track 1
2) add B to track 1 after P, enable Link mode
3) copy Track 1 in the Mixer,
4) select tracks 2-64, paste.

all 64 (or however many you like) tracks now have linked instances and the ID number will agree with the host track number.

(and if you want to use Multi-Instance editing, simply Join Group 1 in steps 1 and 2.)

That is quite automatic/painless.

Now if wish to rename, open the GUI P and B GUIs for track 1, copy Host track name, paste into P, paste into B. (or type into P then copy, then paste in B if you can't copy/paste from host). Then change instance in P (B will follow), rename in P, renaming in B, change instance in P, repeat... this is the tedious part, yes. But it is not completely horrible compared or other "template setup tasks" encountered in large scoring projects with tons of Kontact instances etc for example. If you set up some working "templates" like this for new projects, it does not have to be done every time.

this does NOT negate my previous message. We WOULD like to make instance naming automatic. But perhaps this info/reminder helps meanwhile until we get there...
Hmm - I'll need to try this.
As a matter of fact, copy/paste is working now in Reaper too - this is a lot easier.
Maybe I've been a little confused as to when the name field in P/B is in "edit mode" - or maybe this has gotten a little easier in the last update? (from beta to production)
Oh well, I take some of my moaning back - this is a bit easier ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

rj0 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 pm
Same here!
And same here, too!

I am about to purchase a new laptop and am torn between one with the 4 core 15 (-25)w 1065g7 and the 45w 6 core 9750h. According to some benchmarks I looked at the latter can be up to roughly twice as fast as the former.
However the brand new Ice Lake 1065g7 supports AVX-512, which the other does not. Am I right in assuming that the speed increases for Breeze and Precedence can be a lot more than by the factor of two with AVX-512 compared to AVX-2?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Andy? My finger is itching to push the purchase button... :hyper: :oops:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

XComposer wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:42 pm
Same here!
And same here, too!
Another Aether vote!

Betutu will be the most amazing thing ever, I'm sure of it - especially since it's pretty much a given that it will receive the same kind of optimization as Breeze 2 has... (since it's based on the same architecture - and I bet it'll be next for the same reason - might in fact be around the corner pretty much).

And it's already fantastic ad it is.

Okay, I think I can answer my own question regarding Ice Lake /AVX-512:

alas, I think it can be safely disregarded. At least for Breeze 2/ Precedence, it doesn't seem to make any difference as compared to AVX-2, or at least no noticeable one.

So there you have it: don't believe every claim you read, especially if it is used as marketing for some product

Same here!
I vote for B2... it inhales Aether for breakfast :D

Cinebient wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:08 pm
Same here!
Everyone knows that the correct update order is reverse-alphabetic. It's the law. So, yes...B2 needs to be next :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:00 pm
Cinebient wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:08 pm
Same here!
Everyone knows that the correct update order is reverse-alphabetic. It's the law. So, yes...B2 needs to be next :shrug:
That would be great because then Kaleidoscope would get the first one. But i gave up on this for this year :)

i noticed Breeze and Precedence updates in my account within the last week, what's changed?

Return to “Effects”