Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Ploki
KVRAF
2286 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 pm
If it clips off transients without audible distortion, that will allow you to get your mixes a lot louder. One of the easiest ways to improve a mix is to get rid of those super short spikes of energy that uselessly eat up dynamic range. If anyone remembers to group Justice, they had some of the loudest mixes in history because all the audio were square waves.
Warmifier is not a clipper. Idk what it does, but if you send 30dBs into it, you will get 30dBs + saturation out. :D
Voxengo does have a 128x oversampled clipper tho, with a hardness control. Interestingly, it's an incredibly good saturator (no aliasing whatsoever, and definitely better than the non-oversampled stuff PA crams into their plugins and calls it THD), and as far as i've tried different clippers, it seems to be the most transparent when used as a clipper pre-limiter.
Totally under-rated plugs, Voxengo.

Insanelysane
KVRian
542 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:47 pm

Jrrshop offering Audified RecAll for free https://www.jrrshop.com/audified-recall

I actually would find this software super useful for use with my students, but realised after adding to the cart that it is Mac OS only, anyone here have experience with an alternative Windows compatible standalone program that can quickly record my impromptu jam? bug free and visually appealing gui would be priority, features less so.

El°HYM
KVRist
283 posts since 21 Nov, 2015

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 pm

How does the KUASSA EQ - Bundle compared to other Pultec - clones & how musical are these?

Currently on Sale via jrr.shop for about $30.

Thanks.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Uncle E
KVRAF
11679 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:22 pm

Insanelysane wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:47 pm
Jrrshop offering Audified RecAll for free https://www.jrrshop.com/audified-recall
Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that the Audiomodern Filterstep Creative Motion Filter is also free:

https://www.jrrshop.com/audiomodern-filterstep

fairlyclose
KVRian
602 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:33 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:22 pm
Insanelysane wrote:
Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that the Audiomodern Filterstep Creative Motion Filter is also free:

https://www.jrrshop.com/audiomodern-filterstep
there's been some negativity toward it in the Effects thread, but has worked fine for me and is another nice example of theAudiomodern interface design - which I find very learnable and efficiently musical. And free!

Jopmanajop
KVRist
201 posts since 12 Jan, 2016

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:06 am

Ploki wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Uncle E wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 pm
If it clips off transients without audible distortion, that will allow you to get your mixes a lot louder. One of the easiest ways to improve a mix is to get rid of those super short spikes of energy that uselessly eat up dynamic range. If anyone remembers to group Justice, they had some of the loudest mixes in history because all the audio were square waves.
Warmifier is not a clipper. Idk what it does, but if you send 30dBs into it, you will get 30dBs + saturation out. :D
Voxengo does have a 128x oversampled clipper tho, with a hardness control. Interestingly, it's an incredibly good saturator (no aliasing whatsoever, and definitely better than the non-oversampled stuff PA crams into their plugins and calls it THD), and as far as i've tried different clippers, it seems to be the most transparent when used as a clipper pre-limiter.
Totally under-rated plugs, Voxengo.
Have you tried V-Clip by Venn Audio? It's extremely clean (tested in Plugin Doctor), 256x oversampling

sprnva
KVRAF
1804 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:50 am

RecAll reminds me of Tracks Live from Waves.

It's discontinued but supports Windows and Mac. It's a free download so no WUP or Waves Central needed but you do need a Waves account to download it.
Insanelysane wrote:

I actually would find this software super useful for use with my students, but realised after adding to the cart that it is Mac OS only, anyone here have experience with an alternative Windows compatible standalone program that can quickly record my impromptu jam? bug free and visually appealing gui would be priority, features less so.
Image Image Image

Insanelysane
KVRian

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:56 am

sprnva wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:50 am
RecAll reminds me of Tracks Live from Waves.

It's discontinued but supports Windows and Mac. It's a free download so no WUP or Waves Central needed but you do need a Waves account to download it.
Insanelysane wrote:

Appreciated, checking it out now.

Buckster
KVRist
159 posts since 27 Nov, 2016

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:33 am

Audiority Xenoverb on sale at PB for £7.99 insta buy for me been meaning to buy for ages

Insanelysane
KVRian

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:55 am

Buckster wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:33 am
Audiority Xenoverb on sale at PB for £7.99 insta buy for me been meaning to buy for ages
Great reverb, excellent as a first reverb for those starting out on budget, really nice plugin

Scotty
KVRAF
2061 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:00 am

xenoverb is amazing for creative reverb effects. I'd buy it at full price without hesitation. In fact I did.

Jopmanajop
KVRist
201 posts since 12 Jan, 2016

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:48 am

Also Excalibur is on sale for $9.99 at Plugin Boutique. Are they gonna give away R4 and Nimbus too? That would be awesome :love:

Ploki
KVRAF
2286 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:13 am

Jopmanajop wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:06 am
Have you tried V-Clip by Venn Audio? It's extremely clean (tested in Plugin Doctor), 256x oversampling
I did!
It's about as clean as OVC is at 128x tho, if i recall correctly.
It's good, but since I have Voxengo Premium it doesn't really offer me anything to sway me over. :)

Calenberger
KVRian
1397 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:18 am

Jopmanajop wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:48 am
Also Excalibur is on sale for $9.99 at Plugin Boutique. Are they gonna give away R4 and Nimbus too? That would be awesome :love:
No.
R4 and Nimbus are their current stereo reverb plugins.
Phoenix and R2 are obviously their cheap intro versions.
Excalibur seems to be abandonware now.
However, it's a good deal and I grabbed it.
The notorious no brainer thing.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

Harry_HH
KVRAF
4138 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:22 am

Got a ”personal upgrade offer” from Waves, for the Abbey Road collection.
I wonder how they send these shitty ”offers” for the loyal customer, while you can get the same plugins sheaper in their monthly sales.

My ”offer” is $ 63 for 3 missing plugins of the bundle, which I btw don’t even need.
If only they had included the newest AR3 to the bundle, but no.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”