Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Insanelysane wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:47 am Jrrshop offering Audified RecAll for free https://www.jrrshop.com/audified-recall
Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that the Audiomodern Filterstep Creative Motion Filter is also free:

https://www.jrrshop.com/audiomodern-filterstep

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:22 am
Insanelysane wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:47 am Jrrshop offering Audified RecAll for free https://www.jrrshop.com/audified-recall
Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that the Audiomodern Filterstep Creative Motion Filter is also free:

https://www.jrrshop.com/audiomodern-filterstep
there's been some negativity toward it in the Effects thread, but has worked fine for me and is another nice example of theAudiomodern interface design - which I find very learnable and efficiently musical. And free!

Ploki wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:33 am
Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:57 am If it clips off transients without audible distortion, that will allow you to get your mixes a lot louder. One of the easiest ways to improve a mix is to get rid of those super short spikes of energy that uselessly eat up dynamic range. If anyone remembers to group Justice, they had some of the loudest mixes in history because all the audio were square waves.
Warmifier is not a clipper. Idk what it does, but if you send 30dBs into it, you will get 30dBs + saturation out. :D
Voxengo does have a 128x oversampled clipper tho, with a hardness control. Interestingly, it's an incredibly good saturator (no aliasing whatsoever, and definitely better than the non-oversampled stuff PA crams into their plugins and calls it THD), and as far as i've tried different clippers, it seems to be the most transparent when used as a clipper pre-limiter.
Totally under-rated plugs, Voxengo.
Have you tried V-Clip by Venn Audio? It's extremely clean (tested in Plugin Doctor), 256x oversampling

RecAll reminds me of Tracks Live from Waves.

It's discontinued but supports Windows and Mac. It's a free download so no WUP or Waves Central needed but you do need a Waves account to download it.

I actually would find this software super useful for use with my students, but realised after adding to the cart that it is Mac OS only, anyone here have experience with an alternative Windows compatible standalone program that can quickly record my impromptu jam? bug free and visually appealing gui would be priority, features less so.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:50 am RecAll reminds me of Tracks Live from Waves.

It's discontinued but supports Windows and Mac. It's a free download so no WUP or Waves Central needed but you do need a Waves account to download it.

I actually would find this software super useful for use with my students, but realised after adding to the cart that it is Mac OS only, anyone here have experience with an alternative Windows compatible standalone program that can quickly record my impromptu jam? bug free and visually appealing gui would be priority, features less so.
Appreciated, checking it out now.

Audiority Xenoverb on sale at PB for £7.99 insta buy for me been meaning to buy for ages

Buckster wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:33 am Audiority Xenoverb on sale at PB for £7.99 insta buy for me been meaning to buy for ages
Great reverb, excellent as a first reverb for those starting out on budget, really nice plugin

xenoverb is amazing for creative reverb effects. I'd buy it at full price without hesitation. In fact I did.

Also Excalibur is on sale for $9.99 at Plugin Boutique. Are they gonna give away R4 and Nimbus too? That would be awesome :love:

Jopmanajop wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 am Have you tried V-Clip by Venn Audio? It's extremely clean (tested in Plugin Doctor), 256x oversampling
I did!
It's about as clean as OVC is at 128x tho, if i recall correctly.
It's good, but since I have Voxengo Premium it doesn't really offer me anything to sway me over. :)

Jopmanajop wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:48 pm Also Excalibur is on sale for $9.99 at Plugin Boutique. Are they gonna give away R4 and Nimbus too? That would be awesome :love:
No.
R4 and Nimbus are their current stereo reverb plugins.
Phoenix and R2 are obviously their cheap intro versions.
Excalibur seems to be abandonware now.
However, it's a good deal and I grabbed it.
The notorious no brainer thing.

Got a ”personal upgrade offer” from Waves, for the Abbey Road collection.
I wonder how they send these shitty ”offers” for the loyal customer, while you can get the same plugins sheaper in their monthly sales.

My ”offer” is $ 63 for 3 missing plugins of the bundle, which I btw don’t even need.
If only they had included the newest AR3 to the bundle, but no.

Jopmanajop wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 am
Ploki wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:33 am Warmifier is not a clipper. Idk what it does, but if you send 30dBs into it, you will get 30dBs + saturation out. :D
Voxengo does have a 128x oversampled clipper tho, with a hardness control. Interestingly, it's an incredibly good saturator (no aliasing whatsoever, and definitely better than the non-oversampled stuff PA crams into their plugins and calls it THD), and as far as i've tried different clippers, it seems to be the most transparent when used as a clipper pre-limiter.
Totally under-rated plugs, Voxengo.
Have you tried V-Clip by Venn Audio? It's extremely clean (tested in Plugin Doctor), 256x oversampling
Which uses less CPU?

El°HYM wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:39 am How does the KUASSA EQ - Bundle compared to other Pultec - clones & how musical are these?

Currently on Sale via jrr.shop for about $30.

Thanks.
Kuassa EVE bundle are Neves (1073 and 1081, i believe), but they feature no saturation - just clean digital EQ with nice curves, quick to use and doesn't eat your CPU. The Pultec does have optional saturation, and has EQP-1A and MEQ-5 modules (so the Pultec, as well as the lesser-known midrange section). the lack of filters prevents me from using the Pultec as a one-and-only channel EQ, but it does sound good too.

in my opinion, the Kuassa Pultec it's one of the less confusing Pultecs out there. for example, Ignite Amps Pultec is all over the place gain-wise, one of the mid bands literally cuts a few dB before you even get from 0 to 1. Kuassa one is much more well-behaved in that respect - it doesn't boost/cut a lot unless you tell it to, and it has a more controllable and less weird "low end trick" and works much more predictably than other Pultec's (check in Plugin Doctor, you'll see what i mean). so, while i wish it had an LPF/HPF, i like it much better than a lot of other Pultecs, which seem to be working against you rather than for you. so, if you don't know what you're doing around Pultec's, IMO the Kuassa one is the better option, just because it behaves much more like a well-made digital EQ with curves from Pultec, rather than reproducing the hardware with all of its quirks. it probably won't win any blind shootouts with hardware, but that's not what i tend to use it for anyway.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:29 pm
Which uses less CPU?
iirc v-clip, but it's been a while.
(also, @256x vs 128x, if OVC used more CPU something would probably be wrong)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”