Kick 2 vs Trk 01 Kick

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rudegar wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:09 am I already own TRK - 01. Even though a lot people seem to look down on it. People are selling versions of it for a fiver. I have no experience with Kick2 but I did wonder what the differences are? I have seen it for sale in the forums for 25 bucks.
Than download Kick 2 demo and gain some perspective on it, while you are there, download KickR and Bazzism demo too, that's the only way to find out, on paper some things might seem "better", but in reality it's you who needs to do the hard work creating those results in them, so find out what kind of approach suits you the most to get best results for your kind of thing.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/kickr-by-guda-audio
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bazzis ... -music-ism

Rudegar wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:09 am I already own TRK - 01. Even though a lot people seem to look down on it. People are selling versions of it for a fiver.
That's probably just because it was distributed for free last christmas (? Or was it the christmas before?).

Imho nothing beats Kick 2 in terms of features and workflow... others offer perhaps 10% of what Kick 2 does...

None of the other let´s you do that detailed work or 100% accuratly recreate a Kick from a sample, controlling phase issues between the sub and any attack samples etc... etc...

There is absolutely no way to replace Kick 2 with anything else on the market

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:51 am
Sim.Sky wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:17 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:10 am I know my comment came off as rude but these questions absolutely baffle me. Do people buy stuff just because others like it? Apparently yes.
Well, if you could go into a retail store for plugins and you couldn't decide between this and that plugin, many people would probably also ask the staff for their opinions–even if there were computers with demos of both plugins. A forum is a place to communicate, and answers like "stop asking other people and go make your own assumptions" baffle me way more than those questions to be honest.
Going into a store, and buying a musical instruments without propering demoing it, and deciding for yourself whether or not it's the sound you're looking for is highly negligent.
I never said that the op should buy anything without demoing it first (although that would be his and only his decision to do or not do). Just because I didn't explicitly tell him "go demo it" doesn't mean that I advised against it. All I said was that many people still like to have an opinion from another person that knows one product very well, even if they did in fact demo the product. It's just about getting as much information and insights as possible before making a purchase. ymmv

Fair enough. :tu:

Even though threads and attitudes like these are the perfect hotbed for influencers. Youtube vid #10.000 "10 reasons why plugin X is better than plugin Y."

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:28 pm Even though threads and attitudes like these are the perfect hotbed for influencers. Youtube vid #10.000 "10 reasons why plugin X is better than plugin Y."
Plugin influencers are just endorsement whores who loves everything, it will be suicide for them to favor some vendor over another, they praise whatever they can get for free. :)

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:56 am I think he's trying to compare Sonic Academy's Kick2 with NI's Trk01.

My response (as always): demo them and find out.
On a forum dedicated to people sharing their knowledge--do it yourself, you're on your own, bugger off, and so on? :clap:
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:36 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:56 am I think he's trying to compare Sonic Academy's Kick2 with NI's Trk01.

My response (as always): demo them and find out.
On a forum dedicated to people sharing their knowledge--do it yourself, you're on your own, bugger off, and so on? :clap:
Knowledge is different to opinion.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

OP, I retract the tone of my earlier messages. Apologies for that.

The underlying curiosity remains though but that's my business.

Could get the kick from 2getheraudio for 10 dollars plus bx_subfilter for free.

Rudegar wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:03 am @mushy mushy
Seriously...
I'm not sure Forums like this would exist with this type of input.
For the most part I agree. Some people are ridiculous and rude; I try to just ignore them.

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:08 am
Rudegar wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:03 am @mushy mushy
Seriously...
I'm not sure Forums like this would exist with this type of input.
Maybe not. But, that doesn't mean that demoing won't be the better option compared to relying on external opinions anyway. ;)
Nothing wrong with doing both.

FWIW, I did already apologise to the the OP ;)

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:26 am
Rudegar wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:24 am @Sim.sky thanks for the feedback it's very much appreciated.
So now I'm curious. Are you going to buy blindly now or demo to be sure?
Based on all of your responses, you didn't actually READ the OP question. He didn't ask which is better. He wanted to know what the main differences were. Why someone would use one over the other.

xx

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”