iZotope bought Exponential Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

nice, i hope they rotate all of their verbs for $9 :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 pm nice, i hope they rotate all of their verbs for $9 :D
I'm holding my breath for "buy any product, get Symphony 3D FREE" :hihi:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:06 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 am EA products at 29$ coming soon to music store near you. I'm ok with that.
$9 ;)
Excalibur for $9 is a great deal.

I thought the sound was interesting when I demoed it years ago. Had that "slick, 90's" sound. Different than other things I already had. I only didn't buy it because the cost to awful GUI workflow ratio was out of whack. For $9 it's a frigging deal for me.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:06 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 am EA products at 29$ coming soon to music store near you. I'm ok with that.
$9 ;)

Just bought Excalibur.
For $9? Where??

Ok, got it... Plugin Boutique. Damn no-brainers. :lol:

I wouldn't get too excited over iZotope deals.... you basically make a deal with the devil..
Here's how it works: They get you into their world with apparently awesome deals and then you end up buying the product(s) over and over again with so called version updates, over time you will give them more money than buying the product at full prince once + fairly low priced version updates.

i don't see it that way. i got lots of their stuff for peanuts (Iris 2, Elements versions of RX, Ozone and Neutron, now Excalibur and Phoenix), and then upgraded to Ozone 9 Advanced + Neutron 9 Advanced + Nectar 3 Advanced for less than what any of their full price is. these versions don't expire so i don't have to buy any future upgrades, but even if i do, there's always an upgrade bundle available that's still less than full price of what any of the individual products go for.

now, you may argue that their real value is what you get them for on a sale (similarly to how any Waves plugin's real value is squarely at $29), and that's fine. but i would then point out that this "real" price is much less than the list price, and it's actually pretty reasonable for what you get (Ozone + Neutron + Nectar are more than worth the ~$130 i paid for them). now, you may not need all of that stuff, but then no one forces you to buy it either. just use your $9 reverb and be done with it. i, for example, didn't buy Trash 2 or BreakTweaker/Stutter Edit when they were on a $10 sale, as i simply don't use these kinds of plugins.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

@3ee: As long as I'm not forced to upgrade, I don't see the problem. In fact, what you described sounds like a valid business practice to me.

I would have never bought Excalibur full price, BTW. For $9, I gratefully take it.

I don't think I've actually updated any Izotope plugin actually. I've gotten a few at great prices, and they continued to do what I bought them to do.

Burillo wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:18 pm i don't see it that way. i got lots of their stuff for peanuts (Iris 2, Elements versions of RX, Ozone and Neutron, now Excalibur and Phoenix), and then upgraded to Ozone 9 Advanced + Neutron 9 Advanced + Nectar 3 Advanced for less than what any of their full price is.
Same here. I got most of those either free or for $8 then that allowed me to have a good price on the Ozone/Neutron/Nectar Advanced bundle, and frankly, Ozone 9 Advanced is pretty great so I don't see any need to upgrade for quite some time (if ever).

Mr Arkadin wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:55 pm Ozone 9 Advanced is pretty great so I don't see any need to upgrade for quite some time (if ever).
There was no need to upgrade from Ozone 8 either, the sound and functionality are near identical, save a couple new features.

Also, Exponential Audio stuff remains more constant. Excalibur is 5 years old (I believe). Not sure if there's a v2 coming at any point, but even if it did there would be no need to upgrade from the current feature set either.

Burillo wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 pm nice, i hope they rotate all of their verbs for $9 :D
Waiting for Nimbus or R4?

Jopmanajop wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:03 pm
Waiting for Nimbus or R4?
Waiting for Godot.

Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:11 pm Waiting for Godot.
Good reverb?

Nimbus and R4 are GREAT reverbs. Among my 2 favorite and most-used (along with Sonsig-A and sometimes VVV). I'm buying Excalibur now for $9 because... I can. And I'd wanted it long ago. I'm sure I can find $9 of use for it.

Of course, I paid $135 for Nimbus new around the time of the acquisition, and $50 for R4 "used" recently. And just ended up with 2 more licenses because I bought MPS3 to get RX7 for some upcoming work (and figured it'd normally cost $270 for RX7 to upgrade from Elements). I'll be selling my old 2 licenses and keeping the new.

Jopmanajop wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:13 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:11 pm Waiting for Godot.
Good reverb?
Reverberating for decades now and still going strong.

Return to “Effects”