RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Whywhy wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:21 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:44 pm Will there be "drag and drop" modulation coming some when?
Drag and drop already exist.
Since day one.
Thanks for that. The system was not obvious at first glance but I found it now. :tu:

can anyone tell me how many pads are in the full version?

there are only 9 in the demo which isn't helping me.

thank you.

i have to say the decision to limit editing to the first two layers on the demo is bad. i am trying to learn how this works, or at least get the gist of it, and every cool preset i have so far wanted to go in and fiddle with has been locked out.

this means only sound designers making sounds from scratch will be able to properly grasp things from the demo. i am more casual like, i am guessing, most of the customers.

i would have preferred a 15 or 30 day full trial to this frustrating gimped route.

@rubez

everything on the other layers is the same, there's no hidden features.

I understand wanting full features in a demo, but everyone does demos differently
it's a really good synth though
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

yeah but it takes not inconsiderable sound design skill that i don't really have to set up each layer, so when i come across an interesting patch i'd like to dive in and see how it was configured and play with it...

alas. none of the 9 demo pads grabbed me which was what i mainly wanted it for. worth a punt if the 45% off sale rears its head again in future, i did have a positive feeling about it.

Even in the full version very few of the patches use (or need) more than a couple of layers...
Rapid is still missing a lot of fairly obviusly features to take it next level such as loading presets to layers and duplicating layers etc., I think there is also a lot more fun that can be had between layers using X/Y, sequence (one step per layer etc) but its early days and the synth has improved greatly since it came out, so I am glad I am in (@45% off) and look forward to the ride...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

rubez wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 am can anyone tell me how many pads are in the full version?

there are only 9 in the demo which isn't helping me.

The factory set has some very nice pads. The demo patches do not truly show off Rapid's ability for very good sounding pads and atmospheres. I purchased Rapid just the other day, so I have only had a chance to preset surf. I have not had a chance to dive in and do my own sound design. So, take my opinion with that in mind.

Hi guys I'm after wiping my laptop clean and trying to install rapid again nearly there I'm on step 3 when I downloaded the license its just a document. Could someone explain to me how do I install again please..

lectropunk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:19 pm Hi guys I'm after wiping my laptop clean and trying to install rapid again nearly there I'm on step 3 when I downloaded the license its just a document. Could someone explain to me how do I install again please..
you probably got it but you import the document txt file from the install window.

Cool and thank you

Feature request: MIDI Learn presets! It would be great to be able to swap control schemes for each instance of Rapid to allow for performance, reliable MIDI CC control, etc. Being able to Save/Load presets like this would make the software much more flexible imo.

Hey there! Heard a sound demo of Rapid and I really like what I hear. I’m thinking of picking it up soon to compliment my soft synth collection. Does anyone know if it is compatible with Catalina OS?

23% OFF for a while.
BUY HERE: https://payhip.com/b/elr2

Ever wanted to produce your own harder styles music?
This is your chance, with over 140 presets for the RAPID synth. And of course, hard kicks are included so you'll have no boundaries at producing your tracks!

https://youtu.be/t4f0HOMhv4U
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:02 pm Even in the full version very few of the patches use (or need) more than a couple of layers...
Rapid is still missing a lot of fairly obviusly features to take it next level such as loading presets to layers and duplicating layers etc., I think there is also a lot more fun that can be had between layers using X/Y, sequence (one step per layer etc) but its early days and the synth has improved greatly since it came out, so I am glad I am in (@45% off) and look forward to the ride...
You can copy layers from 1 instance to another and you can duplicate layers within a preset

Return to “Instruments”