Xils 3 LE : The EMS VCS3 (Synthi) Emulation (On sale 9.9€)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 3 LE

Yes yes, nobody said the synth is completely useless. I have no problems making nice sounds with it either, and thats just it; the synth is definitely capable so imagine how much nicer it would be if everything was made perfect!

(To tell you the truth, i think what Xavier should do is completely start over with this one. Emulate only whats there on the real machine, and do it slowly, part by part, with the highest possible precision. First make sure the oscillators are perfect. They are the heart of the machine so giving them the necessary level of attention is simply a must. When this is done proceed to the filter and dont stop tweaking until it is as close as possible to the real one. Then do the envelope shaper, amps, noise, etc., one after the other, until every part/module is emulated to perfection and there are no bugs in the signal paths. With this done Xavier would have a good solid basis upon which he can then build further, i.e. add additional features like the sequencer and other stuff.)

Anyway, just an idea. As for the current X3LE, i have noticed that the oscillators now have sliders on them which i dont think were there before. Anyone an idea what these are for? They dont seem to be doing anything, so im curious what their purpose is.

I assumed these sliders are reserved for osc. inversion , but since they don't do anything :) I'm just guessing out loud

I have and probaly will never have a real ems synthi , so can't compare , but what is it you don't like about the emulation ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Had a quick reply from he developer , the attack and square level reset was becasue there is a file in the xils folder called : 'control midi ' which shouldn't be there in the first place
Deleting the file solved the issue .
At least , the plugin is usable again
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: I assumed these sliders are reserved for osc. inversion , but since they don't do anything :) I'm just guessing out loud
Good thinking though, osc inv didnt even occur to me. I was more suspecting something like phase reset (which would be GREAT to have) or continuous frequency control since the bigger brother apparently got that some time ago. Oh well, im sure we will find out eventually.

gentleclockdivider wrote: I have and probaly will never have a real ems synthi , so can't compare , but what is it you don't like about the emulation ?
Well its not that i really dislike anything about the emulation per-se. Its just that all the inaccuracies and bugs sorta spoil it, especially with regard to the oscillators, which are just plain wrong in several aspects. (I have metioned some in one of my previous posts.) Thats why i think it might be a good idea for Xavier to just start over from scratch, at first only concentrating on the features of the real machine, making sure that all these parts and the matrix connections are emulated as precisely as possible, and then take it further from there. This would ensure that all the basics are right and that creating more enhanced versions will not inherit the same flaws over and over again. Of course this would take time, nobody would deny that, but then developing something always does, so in my view you might as well spend that time wisely and make sure that you have a solid basis to work with, i.e. a well emulated bug-free basic VCS3 which can then be enhanced as desired with additional features.

By the way, before i forget it again.

- The enlarged panel for the sequencer does not open. (The others are fine.)

- Closing the ? panel (KB Shortcuts Table) works clicking anywhere except the OK button. (lol)

- On the reduced UI, KEYB panel, there is a 'ghost' knob which has no function. (Leftmost of the white row, right below the G of G. LEVEL.)

- On the reduced UI the Keyboard HOLD button is missing. (Label is there but no button.)

- On the reduced UI the NBR VOICES inlay is 3 pixels too high and 2 pixels too far left relative to the 'placeholder' on the background.

Return to “Instruments”