Devs responding to Corona crisis

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Great Escape

jasonekratz wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:36 pm
Kumal wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:06 pm In the middle of this crisis, audio software is by far the last thing I'd buy. And it also feels a bit strange to me to use this pandemic to increase sales with discounts...
Some people will still have money to spend on such things. These companies need to pay people like anyone else.

I'm stunned that people are complaining about discounts. Wow.
Still using COVID-19 as advertisement is just weird. And if you own a company with employees, you don't live from month to month, you have to have some savings. If not you might think about closing your company anyways and start doing some successfull things :D

Kumal wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:08 pm
Kumal wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:06 pm In the middle of this crisis, audio software is by far the last thing I'd buy. And it also feels a bit strange to me to use this pandemic to increase sales with discounts...
Some people will still have money to spend on such things. These companies need to pay people like anyone else.

Still using COVID-19 as advertisement is just weird. And if you own a company with employees, you don't live from month to month, you have to have some savings. If not you might think about closing your company anyways and start doing some successfull things :D
Really? Then why have almost 6 million people filed for unemployment in the US in the last several weeks? Oh thats right, because with everyone staying home a bunch of businesses, large and small, all of a sudden have almost or no income at all to pay anyone.

jasonekratz wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:31 pm
Kumal wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Really? Then why have almost 6 million people filed for unemployment in the US in the last several weeks? Oh thats right, because with everyone staying home a bunch of businesses, large and small, all of a sudden have almost or no income at all to pay anyone.
Yeah definitely not because they're dependent on other infrastructure or to lower the risc of spreading infections... All things that are not really applicable to software developers.

Anyways before it gets more offtopic: resetting demo periods or offering stuff for free for certain amount of time is okay for me. Using this virus as buzzword to make marketing isn't great and that's all I'm saying. Now make more music 8)

Virus is not a buzzword, it's real and it's hitting the economy hard, very hard. I don't know where you're living, but you're seems to be too much optimistic about the situation. It's already bad and it's going to be much much worse within next few month.
Back to the topic, I've waited for sales days and prepared some money for this, I don't see anything negative in making a sale right now because of the hard situation the virus is causing.

Yes it is hitting hard and that's why there are more important things than yet another eq or comp plugin to buy.

MrBauer wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm Yes it is hitting hard and that's why there are more important things than yet another eq or comp plugin to buy.
well dont then.
leave others to make their own decisions that arent affecting you in any way :shrug:

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:16 pm
MrBauer wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm Yes it is hitting hard and that's why there are more important things than yet another eq or comp plugin to buy.
well dont then.
leave others to make their own decisions that arent affecting you in any way :shrug:
I do. Didn't know I'm not allowed to write something in here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mmmmm. Yes and no.

For some of us, making music is a way to stay mentally/emotionally healthy. We're also concerned about $ and jobs, so spending as little as possible is kind of nice. Plus it helps the person/company making the sale have $.

Health, love, people, job, money, shelter... sure, those are probably even more important. But we all are trying to find ways to survive this in one piece. Or as few pieces as possible.

roman.i wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:54 pm Virus is not a buzzword, it's real and it's hitting the economy hard, very hard. I don't know where you're living, but you're seems to be too much optimistic about the situation. It's already bad and it's going to be much much worse within next few month.
Just saying it helps google ranking a lot in this time. Well I got many mails from audio companies (like Steinberg, Presonus, waves) telling me how well they're and that they're there for me and still offer support. I mean it's not like I'd care about but doesn't seem to hit the audio industry that hard.

Soundplex wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:22 pm
roman.i wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:54 pm Virus is not a buzzword, it's real and it's hitting the economy hard, very hard. I don't know where you're living, but you're seems to be too much optimistic about the situation. It's already bad and it's going to be much much worse within next few month.
Just saying it helps google ranking a lot in this time. Well I got many mails from audio companies (like Steinberg, Presonus, waves) telling me how well they're and that they're there for me and still offer support. I mean it's not like I'd care about but doesn't seem to hit the audio industry that hard.
you dont think 6 months of no gigs or festivals at all isnt going to impact the industry?
as musicians start having no money, then the people they support through purchases, will in turn lose out.

we are at the very beginning.

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:26 pm
Soundplex wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:22 pm
you dont think 6 months of no gigs or festivals at all isnt going to impact the industry?
as musicians start having no money, then the people they support through purchases, will in turn lose out.

we are at the very beginning.
Of course it will impact certain niches and I hope it'll be over soon with only a few serious consequences. Though I thought this topic was about devs and imo you can't compare pre-dated festivals with money invested upfront and lots of dependencies to other companies to plugin development. I've read in here about the poor guys and on the other hand it's the same ones sending me emails about how well they're are. So.

We should probably just keep the conversation to bargains, and not discussion of COVID-19 or this thread will end up in HPC...

Forgotten wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:37 pmwill end up in HPC...
Probably the safest place to be right now; I don't see it listed here:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

MrBauer wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:18 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:16 pm
well dont then.
I do. Didn't know I'm not allowed to write something in here :lol: :lol: :lol:
No one said you’re not allowed. But everyone is also allowed to respond to your moronic view. As vurt did.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

as if 80% discount would help any dev in this crisis :lol: Resetting demo periods is great and at least helps people making music. Anyways each to their own.

Return to “Effects”