Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moss wrote:
dennishardy90 wrote:Attached file
1) Open the "Studio I/O" pane on the right.
2) Click on "Show Control Script Console"
3) In the appearing window click on the name of the crashed script
4) On the right you should see now a more detailed error
5) Paste that here

However, it seems you are still using the old JavaScript version (since "Nashorn" is the JavaScript engine).
Whatever your latest is, that is what I am using (or at least have tried to use)

It is quite possible that this has nothing to do with your script after all. Seems LPP crashes bitwig REGARDLESS of if your script is in or not.

Bitwig is TOTALLY unresponsive about this (I reported it quite some time ago, maybe they just ignore anything with your name in it? I'm at a loss as to why they haven't at least tried to help me)

Anyways, I seem to be the only one, I'm going back permanently to 2.2.3 and staying there.

Hello, just got launchpad pro and I quite do not understand how to use note sequencer.

First of all, is it so that I cannot use sequencer in chromatic scale ? As there is 12 notes in chromatic scale but sequencer shows only 7 and if I press up/down buttons it jumps to octave up/down and I cannot play those 5 notes that are not shown? Is there possibility to smaller increments in up/down?

Secondly there is bug. Note sequencers range is not remembered correctly. Sometimes when I press down button in sequencer and it shows on screen that range is C-2 to Gb-1 still when I press low C it is C0 , sometimes it may even be as high C7.

It seems that when you switch modes, Bitwig shows correctly what the selected range is on screen, but actually when I press buttons in note sequencer the notes are way too high.

MickeyMouse wrote: First of all, is it so that I cannot use sequencer in chromatic scale ? As there is 12 notes in chromatic scale but sequencer shows only 7 and if I press up/down buttons it jumps to octave up/down and I cannot play those 5 notes that are not shown? Is there possibility to smaller increments in up/down?
You can set it to chromatic but as you noticed you cannot get to all notes. I did some tests in the past with full scale but that was highly confusing to use.
MickeyMouse wrote: Secondly there is bug. Note sequencers range is not remembered correctly. Sometimes when I press down button in sequencer and it shows on screen that range is C-2 to Gb-1 still when I press low C it is C0 , sometimes it may even be as high C7.
It seems that when you switch modes, Bitwig shows correctly what the selected range is on screen, but actually when I press buttons in note sequencer the notes are way too high.
I cannot reproduce that. Can you give some steps?

During testing I noticed that switching to sequencers works on randomly, this will be fixed in the next update.

moss wrote: I cannot reproduce that. Can you give some steps?

During testing I noticed that switching to sequencers works on randomly, this will be fixed in the next update.
Simplest way for me seems to be after device is turned on:
1. go to note sequencer
2. play root note, which in default settings for me is C4 (but default range is C1 to B1, so it should be C1?)
3. press up arrow 7 times so range is C8 to Db-2
4. press "note" button to go back to play mode
5. Immediately go back to note sequencer. Range is still C8 to Db-2 as I believe it should be.
6. press down arrow 7 times to go back C1 to B1 range
7. press root note, I can't hear anything, because it is over midi range
8. got as low range as you can get, C-2 to B-2, now when I press root note, it plays as C8 ! I cant play lower notes than C8 on note sequencer.

MickeyMouse wrote:
moss wrote: I cannot reproduce that. Can you give some steps?

Simplest way for me seems to be after device is turned on:
Thanks! I noticed now that the note sequencer if off by 3 octaves but I have no idea why. The raindrop sequencer works fine and calls the exact same function.
I sent a cry for help to Bitwig :-)

There is a new update available.

To make my life a bit easier I decided to centralise the info in one thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=502948

You can keep posting in this thread or in the new one, whichever you prefer.

Strange problem here with the launchpad pro, when its in mixer mode and i want to go to the next bank of faders, that bank blinks for a second and then the launchpad goes into note mode and select a scale...

Ben1984 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:51 pm Strange problem here with the launchpad pro, when its in mixer mode and i want to go to the next bank of faders, that bank blinks for a second and then the launchpad goes into note mode and select a scale...
Thanks, seems to be a bug, will check.

Does this work in Bitwig 4 at all? I just got access to Bitwig this week and I'm trying to get my launchpad pro original to work but there doesn't seem to be any kind of meaningful connection happening between hardware and software.
I get the coloured grid of orange and white but that's it, and I can't trigger any notes or any other functionality in the software.
I'm on Monterey on a Mac studio.

Mogular wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:53 pm Does this work in Bitwig 4 at all? I just got access to Bitwig this week and I'm trying to get my launchpad pro original to work but there doesn't seem to be any kind of meaningful connection happening between hardware and software.
I get the coloured grid of orange and white but that's it, and I can't trigger any notes or any other functionality in the software.
I'm on Monterey on a Mac studio.
- DrivenByMoss in the latest release requires Bitwig 4.1 or later.
- Check that you have the latest Firmware for the Launchpad Pro installed.
- Make sure the Launchpad sends on Midi Channel 1

Thanks Moss. Switching to Midi channel 1 was the culprit. I just assumed that that would be the default. Amazing work, there is a lot for me to figure out here :-)
I followed the info here https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en ... nchpad-Pro, which mentions that the default is channel 6

Return to “Controller Scripting”