New feature for NOVA?

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With how much stuff NOVA has it's weird to me it doesn't have a certain type of curve: Tilt.
Could this be added in future versions of NOVA, please?

heavymetalmixer wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:10 pm With how much stuff NOVA has it's weird to me it doesn't have a certain type of curve: Tilt.
this may not satisfy you , but i would be remiss to not point out that 'tilt' is a feature
of both SlickEQ GE and SlickEQ M ...

experimental.crow wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:32 pm
heavymetalmixer wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:10 pm With how much stuff NOVA has it's weird to me it doesn't have a certain type of curve: Tilt.
this may not satisfy you , but i would be remiss to not point out that 'tilt' is a feature
of both SlickEQ GE and SlickEQ M ...
Well, I'm just asking. Also, it's not the same plugin so it wouldn't sound the same.

It's a bit difficult to put this into dynamic EQ context. That's why we haven't added such a filter.

But you can easily create a tilt or a half tilt using shelves with Q set around 0.3 to 0.33
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

You could make a case for a dynamic tilt filter that reduces the dominant side of the spectrum and enhances the other to sort of keep an even frequency balance.

Then the highs would surge up whenever the lows hit. It doesn't sound that appealing to me. You could try it out by putting a low-shelf compressor and high-shelf expander to both respond to a low-passed sidechain in Nova GE.

I am not saying, it is something I would use - But there is a use-case. With slow attack and release settings, it might work nicely.

Mmm, what about making tilt a wideband-exclusive curve? And if not possible, not to give it dynamic controls, only the static curve.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”