Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Angle Loss wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:44 pm Still no JX-8p, Juno 6/60, Alpha Junos, V-Synth, JD-800, polyphonic versions of the mono analogs, etc

...but are some pianos. ffs
I really feel like we’re not going to see new virtual analogs added to Roland Cloud until new hardware boutiques come out. Until then, I suspect it will be more SRX plugins.

I understand Roland AIRA Boutiques were already discontinued, and AIRA itself may even be history. You can't find a TR-09 or D-05 for example.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:42 pm Any sign of direct purchase for dongled licenses? Subscription will never happen.
Direct purchase? No, and probably never. But what's the difference between that and paying for a 12 months sub only, and getting that 1 free offline "forever" license at the end of the sub? In the meantime, you get access to everything for 12 months to decide which one you want to keep. :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

The problem is the authorization method (online), not the monetary arrangement.

electro wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:27 pm I understand Roland AIRA Boutiques were already discontinued, and AIRA itself may even be history. You can't find a TR-09 or D-05 for example.
I'm still seeing many of the Aria stuff sold brand new at Sweetwater (US only), and many are in stock as of today. TB-3, MX-1, System-1, etc...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

electro wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:38 pm The problem is the authorization method (online), not the monetary arrangement.
You can run offline with the sub - a constant Internet connection is no longer needed. You just have to authenticate every so often (I can't remember how often though).

Angle Loss wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:44 pm Still no JX-8p, Juno 6/60, Alpha Junos, V-Synth, JD-800, polyphonic versions of the mono analogs, etc

...but are some pianos. ffs
Very soon. They literally have no choice because the only SRX card left is the Dynamic Drums card. Once that comes out, they have to move onto something else :lol:

I’m willing to wager that doing their “ACB” emulations of classic synths requires a lot more work than these romplers they’ve been releasing. Probably why we’re seeing so many sample based stuff instead of VA’s. Sucks, but it is what it is.

EnochLight wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:23 pm I’m willing to wager that doing their “ACB” emulations of classic synths requires a lot more work than these romplers they’ve been releasing. Probably why we’re seeing so many sample based stuff instead of VA’s. Sucks, but it is what it is.
Probably. The SRX cards have the same GUI and are pretty much the same architecture. Once they nailed that down, the rest logically shouldn't have been harder - even though it's still taking very long.

An emulation of a Korg Radius ,would be great.

3853306 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:06 pm An emulation of a Korg Radius ,would be great.
Probably would, but I don't see it happening at Roland :shrug:

Yeah Kumi_27 correct ,i mean from Korg .

Angle Loss wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:44 pm Still no JX-8p, V-Synth, JD-800, polyphonic versions of the mono analogs, etc
Yeah, that would be awsome.

I'm tired of useless SRX expansions. I don't even bother installing them.
Fernando (FMR)

electro wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:27 pm I understand Roland AIRA Boutiques were already discontinued, and AIRA itself may even be history. You can't find a TR-09 or D-05 for example.
Boutiques are all limited edition runs. Once sold out, unless they do another run, that's all you get. The System AIRA (plug outs) is its own product series, but doesn't seem to be getting much attention now Roland have moved to their new platform.
EnochLight wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:41 pm You can run offline with the sub - a constant Internet connection is no longer needed. You just have to authenticate every so often (I can't remember how often though).
This is actually correct in theory, but is incorrect in practice. Each plugin needs to be authorised every 7 days. The problem is, when you authorise one it doesn't authorise all, and plugins don't ask to be authorised until you open them. So you might need to authorise different plugins 7 days a week based on your usage, and the more plugins you install the more likely that is to be true!

The same authorisation continues to be required for plugins you "own" (YOURS-4-LIFE etc). However, unless they changed it, I think they offer 2 plugins per yer, rather than 1. Though nobody seems quite sure of the criteria to qualify someone, other than you apparently need to have joined before 2019.

PAK wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:53 pm Each plugin needs to be authorised every 7 days. The problem is, when you authorise one it doesn't authorise all, and plugins don't ask to be authorised until you open them. So you might need to authorise different plugins 7 days a week based on your usage, and the more plugins you install the more likely that is to be true!

The same authorisation continues to be required for plugins you "own" (YOURS-4-LIFE etc).
Absolutely unacceptable IMO. Either dongle it or count me out.

Return to “Instruments”