PRODUCTS

Aloysius wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:17 pm cool story, bruh
yer me best mate ye like :drunk:

I think i have too much toilet paper.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:32 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:17 pm cool story, bruh
yer me best mate ye like :drunk:

:tu: :hihi:

Ploki wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:53 pm i have 141 audio units in my components folder :)
Awww, you're just beginning.
More BPM please

Saying you have too many plugins is like an artist saying he has too many colours.
There is only one reason not to indulge your GAS, and that's lack of finance (ie, don't get into trouble, financially, just because of a plugin).

Passing Bye wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:44 pm First World problems

i usually go into my host and uncheck the ones I know I wont use. I also make a favorites folder for ones I KNOW I will use.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Russell Grand wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:54 am
Passing Bye wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:44 pm First World problems
Other than a financial problem I don't see it as much of a problem :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

If Cubase takes less than a full hour for a VST folder rescan, I know I don't have enough.
A well-behaved signature.

"I think i have too much plugins"
- pm me and i will let you transfer them to me :)

If you stick around here long enough,you will find that you will always have one less plugin than what you really need :)

It's called the KVR syndrome and it's deadly serious...

Forget about Covid-19...

That one's a pussy :)
No auto tune...

Ploki wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:05 pm
Now it feels dirty and expensive despite the fact that it was cheaper.....
Some times I will buy a plugin as part of a bundle and not use it for a month or so, then finally use it and realize how useful it is and be glad I purchased it.
Maybe you should try using all the plugins you purchased, you might find them useful.

MadDogE134 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:51 pm lol... when you hit 6000... 3000 doesn't seem as much
Its a virus, the doubling rate is constant, the number grows exponential. Thats nature...

Ploki wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:05 pm Talking about FX, not synths. I don't have that many synths, I actually have an impressively small amount of synths compared to FX.

Problem is i use half of them... from all bundles, but not the whole bundles. If i bought single plugins from all vendors that i actually use, it would've been more expensive than the bundle. :roll:
Especially for some vendor that doesn't even have singles unless you buy Advanced version of everything.
Now it feels dirty and expensive despite the fact that it was cheaper.

What do you do if you have bundles that you don't use? keep em in your browsers "just in case" or hide them away? Try to use some from other bundles to replace them so you could shrink them down?
Or just accept the fact that you're a hoarder
I think it helps watching things from different perspectives, "roles" you play in your production. There are plugins that I always reach for when making music, and then there are those who get used very rarely but when I use them I am happy I have them.

Being a hoarder / stuck in a GAS/consumerism pattern can be a problem if it gets out of hand. But on the other hand, just talking for myself here, I love sounds. I love gear. I love this whole niche. Why is it bad if I buy a new saturation plugin while I already have ten flavours that are great? Maybe that will be your new go-to plugin. Sell the stuff you haven't used in six months or more. But don't stop buying new stuff. Sooner or later you will find the plugins that suits your style perfectly.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Effects”