Is Echoboy still your top 3 ? I am thinking to buy Objeq delay ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EchoBoy is still awesome
Winner of 15th HOFA Xmas Mix Contest - 2024
2nd place winner of Boz Digital Labs Intl. Mix Contest - 2016

Buddies, don't forget Audio Damage Dubstation 2 ;)

Forgot to mention you should also check out RP Delay. $49
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 9-RP-Delay

I had Objeq Delay but sold it. Kept Chromaphone. I don't miss Objeq Delay at all. The "physical modeling" aspect imo was not pronounced enough, so it ended up being just another delay i just didn't use.

My go to seem to be Timeless 2 and Colour Copy, more recently i've been flirting with Sigmund.

dangayle wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:56 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:02 am Valhalla Delay <-> Echoboy
Replika XT
D16 Tekturon (if electronic music)
Excalibur for $10 is very nice
This is my same ranking, but I demoed Excalibur and hate hate hate the way the UI is set up.
It's a very hardware-centric design. Now that I have some hardware synths I've spent time with, it's making more sense. Doesn't mean it couldn't be better, but I think I can get a handle on it. Especially for $10, it's very nice. I'm also used to things from using Nimbus and R4.

UnbalancedBeats wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:29 pm Buddies, don't forget Audio Damage Dubstation 2 ;)
Oh yeah, great delay!

Mister Natural wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:38 pm hmmm - love my EchoBoy but whenever I feel like a "creative" delay, I'm reaching for EchoBode

best of luck
Yes, Echobode is excellent. Sometimes I forget that I have it in my VST folder and it's always fun "rediscovering" it! :tu:

Ramm Darkened wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:25 pm EchoBoy is still awesome
Indeed!

Ploki wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:56 pm I had Objeq Delay but sold it. Kept Chromaphone. I don't miss Objeq Delay at all. The "physical modeling" aspect imo was not pronounced enough, so it ended up being just another delay i just didn't use.

My go to seem to be Timeless 2 and Colour Copy, more recently i've been flirting with Sigmund.
Oh man, I completely forgot about Sigmund too. Not a fan of the oversized GUI but the sound and options make up for it. :D

[quote="Funkybot's Evil Twin" post_id=7713307 time=1585794972 user_id=116627]
I’ve completely replaced Echoboy with ValhallaDelay.
[/quote]

Same

p.s. can anyone explain why quoting doesnt work?

cowby wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:35 am Thanks all for your valuable advises. And I almost forgot I have EArebound which I love this guy very much. However, speaking about creative delay plugin, I still think OD is still have its edge. Other big boys like U-HE color copy, UVI replayer and echoboys are all stunning and full featured plugins but they are not that "creative" to me. I mean they are all versatile but the physical modelling feature in OD I couldn't find similar stuff in other plugin. Let's hope it will be on sale and $99 (saw it somewhere 2 days ago) still a bit expensive to me.

Regards!
Cowby
You can get it for half-off sometimes.

I forgot about RP Delay (reverse?!) and Timeless 2. Fab need to update that bad boy - bigger and easy to see modulations!

something I like about these sorts of threads is getting reminded of a plugin I have not explored for ages and then having a play and realising just how great that plugin is - in this case Objeq Delay.

Objeq delay.... another one of those "this is so inspiring.....I must have it" buys that I haven't used since.

Echoboy is a bit boring to me. Limited in how you can route and affect the delay with a filter. Sounds nice but everyone uses it and most probably just tweak the presets. I don't ever feel inspired to experiment with it.

Sigmund is my goto delay because of the sound, modulation and routing possibilities of its four filters (one filter per delay line). Other things I love about it:- mid/side options, great parameter automation, overdrive, well designed GUI. What I don't like: totally unpredictably buggy. Only once in about 40 uses maybe it will spurt out a very loud noise and then one delay line channel will be dead. Plus a track I was doing a couple of days ago wouldn't load the next day with Sigmund being the culprit. But it just has an old school dirty sound, creative options and GUI that I adore. Sigmund is the only creative effect I always have loaded on my default startup project. Works great with a 303/909/808/101.

On the completely opposite sound spectrum I would recommend u-he's ColourCopy if you want a really "nice" sounding delay that just seems to be able to enhance a track without you realising it is there. Amazing sounding delay.
Last edited by hesnotthemessiah on Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

fairlyclose wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:36 am
mholloway wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:09 am Replika-XT for when I need specific tricks (like a Resonant filter in the feedback loop, this is rarely found, in fact I think Replika-XT is the only delay I own or know of with a *resonant* filter inside the feedback loop!)
Late Replies has two feedback loops that can host up to 4 vst's in each - and you can automate the vst paramters as wel!!! - not surprisingly it can be a bit daunting and takes a while to learn.
Another good delay is the Rob Papen one - we live in an age of miracles :)
+1 for Late Replies. Incredibly versatile delay, and it's a pretty deep dive in terms of features and arguably learning curve as well. But you can achieve some nice results with the vast number of presets and minimal tweaking as well, so it's also accessible and "fast" when you're new to it.

Valhalla Delay is missing the rhythmic features of Echoboy. However, Late Replies has a lot of the sounds of Valhalla Delay (albeit somewhat buried in presets and tweaking), including the pitch shifting features. It can also do the rhythmic and melodic things as well. Like Destructor and Axiom, it can morph into any delay you need, but you need to learn how to to get it there.
Last edited by Tappistry on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”