Updated - Mini now free!: FactorSynth & Factoid - M4L FSU/'sound unmixing' *essentials*

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TabSel wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:57 am how come I never heard of this project. This is stunning! Where do I find more information on what’s about to come in v2?
The email says: "A lot of important changes will be included: a simpler workflow, component panning, temporal shifting, a new decomposition algorithm and the random addition of individual components."

taldt33: I've got no idea about upgrade paths to be honest. I went straight for the big one as soon as I discovered it.

Platform changes? VST? VSTi? Playable/Automatable/MIDIfied? This is fascinating tech unnecessarily restricted to one application and audioloops only, which is a pity.

might want to mention it's M4L in the title

Updated title to reflect M4L. I'd actually only just removed it cos I wasn't sure the rapidly expanding title would still fit in the side bar. Apologies for getting anyone's hopes up.

JJ just confirmed on Facebook that FactorSynth 2 will be free for current owners. As such, don't be shy if you were holding back to avoid being stung by an upgrade fee.

edit: misunderstood how this discount was handled
Last edited by cron on Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am a Max/MSP user and don‘t have/want Live. Will there be a standalone/collective/patch version?

You can use amxd devices right in Max. See: https://docs.cycling74.com/max8/refpages/amxd~
CU
VK

Yup, it is one of the advantages of the standalone Max over M4L.

But in Factorsynth's case it seems to need Live specific stuff to work, seems it reads Clips playing in Live, can't just read a file dropped into it.

Looks like upgrade pricing emails went out tonight; I got two, I assume because I own both Factorsynth and Factoid?

Anyway, Factorsynth 2.0 is out this Friday, 10th July; upgrades are €25 from Factorsynth Mini, €35 from Factoid, and free for Factorsynth 1 owners.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

You must have got one of mine.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

oh wait, found it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

No wait, Ive had an email via Gumroad, but I only bought Factoid there. I bought Factorsynth through Isotonik, but I dont seem to have had anything from them about this.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Haven't had any communication, but it looks like Isotonik have updated downloaders in accounts. Just downloaded v2, looking nice. Workflow is a lot smoother and easier....good job.

Edit: Just got emails too.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Nice, seems way faster, much easier to drop various sounds on the X-Syn to experiment.

Return to “Instruments”