ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

fairlyclose wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:47 pm I am looking at the Melda MAutoDynamicEQ, which seems very powerful but not my favourite interface. I see the Toneboosters EQ4 has sidechain so can it take something like a bass track as sidechain to duck a pad at the different pitches of the sidechain bassline as they change?

Alternatively - if I fed a chord into the sidechain could the notes of the chord duck or boost those frequencies of the target track eg a pad/drone?

Melda MAutoDynamicEQ is great. Powerful. Probably all you will ever need. But yeah, the interface...

I see the Toneboosters EQ4 has sidechain so can it take something like a bass track as sidechain to duck a pad at the different pitches of the sidechain bassline as they change?

Is probably not a question many people could answer. Perhaps if you rephrase it?

Alternatively - if I fed a chord into the sidechain could the notes of the chord duck or boost those frequencies of the target track eg a pad/drone?

Are you talking about Melda or ToneBoosters here?

You really need to break it down if you want a meaningful reply.

codec_spurt wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:31 am
fairlyclose wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:47 pm I am looking at the Melda MAutoDynamicEQ, which seems very powerful but not my favourite interface. I see the Toneboosters EQ4 has sidechain so can it take something like a bass track as sidechain to duck a pad at the different pitches of the sidechain bassline as they change?

Melda MAutoDynamicEQ is great. Powerful. Probably all you will ever need. But yeah, the interface...

I see the Toneboosters EQ4 has sidechain so can it take something like a bass track as sidechain to duck a pad at the different pitches of the sidechain bassline as they change?

Is probably not a question many people could answer. Perhaps if you rephrase it?

Are you talking about Melda or ToneBoosters here?

You really need to break it down if you want a meaningful reply.
thanks, this was sorted by (neverbeeninariot a few posts ago) what is needed is a pitch following dynamiq eq that will move the band centre(s) according to pitch.

I am a super happy owner of TB EQ4 but I missing input analyser for sidechain. Please add this if it's possible, Jeroen. I'm not using NOVA for sidechain anymore, but this function is there and it really simplify the whole sidechaining process for certain frequencies. Thanks :tu: :)

Would someone please tell me how to get the color coding for the different bands? I stumbled upon it with one instance, but then couldn't figure out what I did...if anything, it's just pleasing to the eyes.

I'm not next to my PC at the moment, but pretty sure it's the vertical slider on the left hand side of the control panel

That's it - thanks much. :tu:

Is there any way to reverse the mouse wheel behaviour so that scrolling down makes Q narrower and scrolling up wider?

boriskarloff wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:23 am I am a super happy owner of TB EQ4 but I missing input analyser for sidechain. Please add this if it's possible, Jeroen. I'm not using NOVA for sidechain anymore, but this function is there and it really simplify the whole sidechaining process for certain frequencies. Thanks :tu: :)
The input analyzer is there (VST3 in REAPER) but it has the same color as the main analyzer and you cannot distinguish it.
Request through mail to change the color of the sidechain signal of the analyzer. Hope it will be implemented.

MRT wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:53 pm Ok, Eq4 has become my go to project eq and has a great feature set but........
I have come to absolutely despise the little pop up control windows! it seems they are always over the node I am trying to adjust. I often cut all the way to the bottom of the display area but don't recall ever boosting to the top. If I pin them to the top of the screen they do not stay after GUI is closed.

Please Please Please How about an option to have the boxes open at the top of the screen. Or move them out of the node area like Eq3 Or maybe open to the right or left of the selected node. I want to adjust the Eq not the GUI.
Thanks for letting me vent. As you were.
MRT
I found a workaround for this - maybe you've done it. Elongate the plugin vertically (I've made this my default setting):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bodhisan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:15 am
MRT wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:53 pm Ok, Eq4 has become my go to project eq and has a great feature set but........
I have come to absolutely despise the little pop up control windows! it seems they are always over the node I am trying to adjust. I often cut all the way to the bottom of the display area but don't recall ever boosting to the top. If I pin them to the top of the screen they do not stay after GUI is closed.

Please Please Please How about an option to have the boxes open at the top of the screen. Or move them out of the node area like Eq3 Or maybe open to the right or left of the selected node. I want to adjust the Eq not the GUI.
Thanks for letting me vent. As you were.
MRT
I found a workaround for this - maybe you've done it. Elongate the plugin vertically (I've made this my default setting):
wow FTW! what a wonderful solution, thanks

Ha! Odd but effective. Thanks for the heads up,don't think I would have ever tried that. :)

I just now tried the analog bell, I can't believe I missed that. I've been looking for an easy to use color eq to go along with Pro-Q3, maybe I need to just use this plugin more. It's come a long way since it was first released, that's for sure.

Yes, it has become an outstanding eq, with a constant stream of very nice updates.

I don’t see any use for pro q anymore? Tb eq can do the same and more. Clean, color, dynamic. What do you need more?

By the way, guys, is there a reason for HP and LP not being at fixed 0db Y position? I don't remember encountering such a behaviour before, always drag filter and it only changes its frequency position. Good that there is snapping to 0db line, but still. It's like filtering and controlling the output volume at the same time. What's the possible scenario? Cutting lows with a gentle slope for hi-hats while boosting the very highs for presence/air/clarity?

Return to “Effects”