Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:49 pm Maybe you simply deserve this kind of attitude of Vengeance, like I deserve a developer like U-He :lol:
Thanks for agreeing that you're here to troll.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:15 pm Ah, thanks for the hint. FB now has forums? Hm, I will have a look.
No it's just a fb group. And it's similar to here, many complaints about codemeter and the often needed downgrading of codemeter software, Avenger stops working and so on.

My two cents as a user (and fan) and then I’m done talking about CM unless I have an issue!

I don’t have any issue with the CM implementation itself per say. In fact, I have had zero issues other than a server connection error ONCE to the site that worked itself out in minutes. The only thing I would’ve liked is more transparency about CM and how it works. All the other software I use has Activation Center Software so I’ve never had to install a separate CM or iLock or eLicensor app other than directly from a product portal app. I prefer this method and try to avoid adding any extra software to my Mac that I don’t need. I do like that Avenger implemented the VMan app. It has simplified the process and works like a charm. In this light I feel like they are moving in the right direction.

That being said, I feel like the installation and maintenance of this plugin is a lot more clunky and involved than anything else I have ever owned. Had I known up front, I probably would’ve opted for something else. In my case for me, fortunately, I didn’t as I’m really enjoying Avenger and currently it is my favorite synth. It’s worth it to me for now as long as it keeps functioning properly like it has been. I do understand the frustrations of others with issues, I would be very upset if mine ever developed problems too.

Gregorius wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:21 pm
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:15 pm Ah, thanks for the hint. FB now has forums? Hm, I will have a look.
No it's just a fb group. And it's similar to here, many complaints about codemeter and the often needed downgrading of codemeter software, Avenger stops working and so on.
Sorry to say that, but the fb group is not the correct place for discussions, as ppl tend to get very very offensive in fb these days. I prefer moderated forums, that ppl usually dont behave like 100 kg babies. And yes no matter if some ppl just refuse to face reality, codemeter is very poor solution and no matter how many will continue to attack those ppl that say the truth, the truth will not change.

babbgr wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 am
Gregorius wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:21 pm
Sorry to say that, but the fb group is not the correct place for discussions, as ppl tend to get very very offensive in fb these days. I prefer moderated forums, that ppl usually dont behave like 100 kg babies. And yes no matter if some ppl just refuse to face reality, codemeter is very poor solution and no matter how many will continue to attack those ppl that say the truth, the truth will not change.
Sadly on fb groups your comments also get censored, deleted or not permitted if you criticize, in a non offense way, plugin alliance....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

My codemeter time expired

Went to control center updated time certificates

Avenger still says no licence found

Really unfriendly system

I think I've found answer I have to deactivate and reactivate

what a load of rubbish ! I don't see why the CM installed software can't update the licence automatically ?

or is it just me ?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:08 am Is there an update planed, which addresses those frequent cpu spikes and crashes (I guess related to GUI code or memory management), or not and you still consider this as "the plugin is good like it is and it crashes only for a minority of users and the performance is like it should be"?

Or is the next version then v2, and v1.x surely will stay like it currently is?

I would really like to see a clear statement from Rene and you, if that is possible. Because then I can better decide about my plans using Avenger.

Thank you.
there is a program out latencymon. its free for home usage. this you can start and run your DAW with avenger. maybe it show something. did you have 1.5.5 ?.
latencymon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Have to agree with many here.
I use a lot of copy protected software for 25+ years and this implementation is utter rubbish.
I don't have any other audio plugin that needs re-activation regularly for no good reason like changing computers.
Since it was a perpetual license when I bought it, I find this absolutely unacceptable.
I deeply regret having bought Avenger now.
I understand that piracy is a problem, but there is a limit to how much punishment I'm willing to take from a software for other peoples deeds.
Definitely not worth it for me.

Will remove it from my system now and just forget about this plugin and this company.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

When I purchased this synth one of the reasons was nice and friendly protection system. What you have done now feels like a punishment. We didn't know it will change...sneaky! Why so obsessive? Pirates will always find a way.
Guys that support you is all that it matters!
And yeah, U-he, Fabfilter etc. are the ones to follow.

I used avenger just yesterday pre 1.5. And i still love it. Guys this is like a ex you dont wanns leave ;D.
I just fear vps will implement something which makes this version unusable or if some win10 update doesnt work you have to update when having avenger issues.
I accept ilok, elicenser. But reading so many annoyances with cm i still dont wanna try it out. Hope vps will implement some other cp or alternative for 2.0?
Otherwise it seems they dont care as maybe the ppl with problems are just a few percentages. I wouldnt be surprised if they would be a big company with 50 people but only 2 persons and dont care about this?

I wanna use the latest xps ....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

This "ex" is already uninstalled/de-authorised from both of my machines and I'm currently inquiring how selling my license works.
I thought about going back to 1.4 too, but sometimes it's better to just let go something(-body) that has other ideas about life than yourself.

I too enjoy the way u-he licenses work the most from all alternatives and I also prefer the communication there.

And the 100 year old harmonium I bought some weeks ago just works after some re-tuning of the brass tongues... :-)

Carpe Diem,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

A guy on the Avenger FB group posted this Codemeter fix today.

Can't vouch for it, but reposting here
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:46 pm A guy on the Avenger FB group posted this Codemeter fix today.
I tried this and it didn't work as advertised :)
Had to manually create an update request, then update the CmContainer... well, several steps, described on http://activate.vps-avenger.com/autoUpdate.php
It's neither "automatic" nor user-friendly :shrug:

kaner wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:52 am When I purchased this synth one of the reasons was nice and friendly protection system. What you have done now feels like a punishment. We didn't know it will change...sneaky! Why so obsessive? Pirates will always find a way.
Guys that support you is all that it matters!
And yeah, U-he, Fabfilter etc. are the ones to follow.
Exactly this. If VPS had used CodeMeter from the start, so be it, and I wouldn't have purchased. But they specifically advertised a simple keyfile copy protection system, and I specifically purchased for that very reason.

I know I can still use v1.4 and one should always buy software for what it is, not for the future. But I still feel ripped off. I don't get the advantage of any bugfixes. I can't use several (5 of 6) of the generic expansion slots I purchased before the changeover, but am no longer allowed to use.

Critically, Vengeance had used eLicenser for years before Avenger. They made an affirmative decision to move away from that and to advertise a keyfile system, presumably because they knew moving to a simple keyfile would drive sales (as opposed to using eLicenser protection, which some people avoid). They wanted those extra sales. They chose to seek more revenue by moving to a keyfile system.

I understand they didn't plan for (or want) Avenger to get hacked. But as a company that had been in business for years prior to Avenger's release, they were not naive "babies in the woods" -- they knew the risk that their system could get broken, and took the gamble. When they "lost" that gamble (the system did get hacked), it was wrong of them to punish consumers, like me, who had bought Avenger based specifically (in part, obviously) on the use of a keyfile (non-CodeMeter) system. I would not have purchased Avenger had VPS advertised CodeMeter from the start rather than choosing to seek additional sales by moving from eLicenser to a keyfile.

That is why I will never buy from VPS again.

Return to “Instruments”