Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiynzahev wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:12 pm I'm looking to get a bunch of Softube stuff, particularly the Modular stuff. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to get a deal?
usually everyplugin.com (seem they don't carry softube anymore..) or jrrshop.com have the lowest possible prices...check both and use coupons
Last edited by autodafe on Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Softube has announced modular month last Wednesday
This is the link to their offers so you can compare them with the aforementioned vendors

https://www.softube.com/modular-month#/

autodafe wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:40 pm
Aiynzahev wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:12 pm I'm looking to get a bunch of Softube stuff, particularly the Modular stuff. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to get a deal?
usually everyplugin.com or jrrshop.com have the lowest possible prices...check both and use coupons

yeah, except I just noticed that everyplugin.com doesn't carry Softube software anymore...

autodafe wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:16 pm yeah, except I just noticed that everyplugin.com doesn't carry Softube software anymore...
Are they going to rename themselves as noteveryplugin.com?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Nobdi wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:33 pm
escalona wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:54 pm With PA, if you pay more than $29 you're overpaying. And even if you buy whatever at $29, one day it will cost $14 with the voucher. That's all there is to know about PA.
For Waves that would be, if you pay more than ~$27.50 (at a retailer) for any of their single plugins you're overpaying. ... and even then you better want to wait for a bundle that is on sale that includes the single plugin you want and then ideally upgrade to it. :wink:
Agreed, if you have patience you can get great deals on both Waves and PA though and only then they are worth it. I got Waves Gold + RennMaxx + the Signature Drum and Bass + CLA-3A for under $100 through retailers (Everyplugin and Reverb). And the other day I bought DS Thorn for $15. Even though it can be hard sometimes, waiting for a good deal is worth it with these developers. Valhalla's marketing is the preferred way though!

Raindog wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:54 am I just don’t like when the sale Conditions change when the sale is actually running. You could do this, but I think it would be fair to offer a grace period for someone who bought just a few hours ago.
Agreed on both points. Maybe you're getting push back because there's already been a lot of complaining about Plugin Alliance in this thread. Personally, the money I "lost" recently by not buying at the optimal time was a lot less than the money I've saved on Starbucks over the past 3 weeks.

cprompt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:24 pm
autodafe wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:16 pm yeah, except I just noticed that everyplugin.com doesn't carry Softube software anymore...
Are they going to rename themselves as noteveryplugin.com?
Softube recently made it so all plugins not connected to Console 1 are available solely through them. The only reason we have some Modular plugins left is I bought out all the remaining licenses from Softube's US distributor.

cprompt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:24 pmAre they going to rename themselves as noteveryplugin.com?
There's a FAQ item explaining our name...

Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:02 pmSoftube recently made it so all plugins not connected to Console 1 are available solely through them. The only reason we have some Modular plugins left is I bought out all the remaining licenses from Softube's US distributor.
That's very interesting. I'm curious how the economics of that works out for them.

Plugin Boutique seem to have the full Softube range on sale??

re Softtube & PA..what's the opinions on the quality of softtube vs PA plugins?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 pm re Softtube & PA..what's the opinions on the quality of softtube vs PA plugins?
My personal opinion is Softube are in a different class to PA, they've made some incredible emulations, check out their new Chandler compressor,Curve Bender EQ and Tube-Tech Collection.

Softube is announcing something big tomorrow. I’m really into the sound of analog consoles and this is the first plugin that makes me feel like I can put all that behind me.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:35 pm Softube is announcing something big tomorrow. I’m really into the sound of analog consoles and this is the first plugin that makes me feel like I can put all that behind me.
sweet. does it make PA look like a jerk?

ChamomileShark wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 pm re Softtube & PA..what's the opinions on the quality of softtube vs PA plugins?
Day and night, in that order.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”