DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hello Moss,

I want to fetch the time positions of a Bitwig songs via OSC but when I fetch the /time/str messages, the values contain the pattern positions. It is the same like /beat/str but with colons instead of dots and an higher precision. Do I need to trace anything else if a connected application wants to know that the song is currently at a position of one one minute and 15 seconds for example instead the number of recently played beats?
Do you want to use NI Komplete Kontrol MK2 controllers on Linux? Then check out the qKontrol project.

GoaSkin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 am Hello Moss,

I want to fetch the time positions of a Bitwig songs via OSC but when I fetch the /time/str messages, the values contain the pattern positions. It is the same like /beat/str but with colons instead of dots and an higher precision. Do I need to trace anything else if a connected application wants to know that the song is currently at a position of one one minute and 15 seconds for example instead the number of recently played beats?
Thanks, you are right! Will be fixed in the next update.

moss wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:07 pm
  • Komplete Kontrol Mk 1
    • Fixed: Modulation wheel did trigger button press of the main encoder
Thanks for the quick fix

@moss Are we going to get User pages on other hardware, like the SLMKIII?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

moss wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:20 pm
GoaSkin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 am Hello Moss,

Thanks, you are right! Will be fixed in the next update.

Some basic information is being displayed but I have to think about a complete redesign.
display.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do you want to use NI Komplete Kontrol MK2 controllers on Linux? Then check out the qKontrol project.

apoclypse wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:49 pm @moss Are we going to get User pages on other hardware, like the SLMKIII?
Who knows the future :-)

moss wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:44 am
apoclypse wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:49 pm @moss Are we going to get User pages on other hardware, like the SLMKIII?
Who knows the future :-)
Uh, SLMkIII already supports user parameters!

See the manual: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... SLMkIII.md

If you like RTFM there is now a DrivenByMoss PDF manual (will also be included in future updates)! Many thanks to Ryan for contributing those nice Launchpad images!

https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... Manual.pdf

moss wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:55 pm If you like RTFM there is now a DrivenByMoss PDF manual (will also be included in future updates)! Many thanks to Ryan for contributing those nice Launchpad images!

https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... Manual.pdf
Very nice!

Fantastic documentation, that helps a lot!
Two questions for the Launchpads though, because I don't have a supported one yet:

1) Does the session view follow the (pinnable) cursor track? I have a complex project setup for live looping and would like to have multiple Launchpad instances, each controlling the clips on a specific trackbank. Is it possible to pin it this way?
2) Is there a "select clip" function like Push seems to have? Another great thing for my setup would be to select clips with the pad controller and then have a foot pedal to record into the selected clip.

(Oh and I just looked into Flexi because of the foot pedal idea: it seems that the clip functions need the selected clip/scene to be on the currently selected track in order to work. And the delete function is missing, I think it has been recently added to the API? Would be great to have versions of these functions for the selected clip, independant of the selected track.)

TVbene wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 am 1) Does the session view follow the (pinnable) cursor track? I have a complex project setup for live looping and would like to have multiple Launchpad instances, each controlling the clips on a specific trackbank. Is it possible to pin it this way?
Yes. I do not have 2 identical models, so I could not test that but in therory that should work too.
TVbene wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 am 2) Is there a "select clip" function like Push seems to have?
No.
TVbene wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 am Another great thing for my setup would be to select clips with the pad controller and then have a foot pedal to record into the selected clip.

(Oh and I just looked into Flexi because of the foot pedal idea: it seems that the clip functions need the selected clip/scene to be on the currently selected track in order to work. And the delete function is missing, I think it has been recently added to the API? Would be great to have versions of these functions for the selected clip, independant of the selected track.)
The Record and New function always look for an empty slot on the selected track.
Yes no delete so far, you could try with Undo.

Hello there, I hope you are doing well!

One question to the APC40 Mk2. Is there a way to get the Device Control knob LEDs behave like APC40 + Ableton or APC40 + send knobs in Bitwig? To get a better view I need more LED lights but there are only one or two at the time.

Maybe with some code editing?

Best

nortle wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:19 pm Hello there, I hope you are doing well!

One question to the APC40 Mk2. Is there a way to get the Device Control knob LEDs behave like APC40 + Ableton or APC40 + send knobs in Bitwig? To get a better view I need more LED lights but there are only one or two at the time.

Maybe with some code editing?

Best
I guess you mean with active LEDs left to the position. The problem with that is that there are a lot of parameters (and there is no criteria to detect them) which are centered and for these it would look wrong.

Will there ever be a Native Instruments Maschine Mikro MkII script?

Gnuus wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:21 am Will there ever be a Native Instruments Maschine Mikro MkII script?
Never ever from me.

Return to “Controller Scripting”