Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nobdi wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:13 am Download link for the Beat DVD is (as you can read on page 4 in the mag): www.bit.ly/BeatDL173 ...password protected ("...find word x on page y of the mag...")
This may be a silly question but I haven’t purchased yet. I don’t speak German, is there an English version? If not, and some doesn’t speak German, is it easy to navigate the links to get the downloads?

mrufino1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:56 pm
Nobdi wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:13 am Download link for the Beat DVD is (as you can read on page 4 in the mag): www.bit.ly/BeatDL173 ...password protected ("...find word x on page y of the mag...")
This may be a silly question but I haven’t purchased yet. I don’t speak German, is there an English version? If not, and some doesn’t speak German, is it easy to navigate the links to get the downloads?
It is easy and if you get stuck send me a P.M.
Think it's German only though!

mrufino1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:56 pm
I downloaded two mags and didn't realize you need the DVD :oops:
Last edited by budd1405 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrufino1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:56 pm This may be a silly question but I haven’t purchased yet. I don’t speak German, is there an English version? If not, and some doesn’t speak German, is it easy to navigate the links to get the downloads?
Google Chrome helped me translate every german web page, i was afraid at first too. Then i followed the link for digital download (found requested page and word, it's random every time) and indeed there were all those mentioned plugins and samples
Was a bit disappointed though, Little One 32 bit only and some filter shapes in Thorn didn't work (bug or restriction?), also parameters in Thorn are changing slowly, like they're lagging or gliding, and it's version 1.0, so might really have some bugs

I'm looking at the 1$ subscription at Ask Audio and I'm wondering about their reputation. I have no experience with them so what's the word, scammers?

Holon Mundi wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:22 pm I'm looking at the 1$ subscription at Ask Audio and I'm wondering about their reputation. I have no experience with them so what's the word, scammers?
Top content! Top company! Top support! A branch of MacProVideo, who have had a solid reputation for years, not least because one of the founders has been a treasured member/contributor to various music-tech forums over the years :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:25 pm Top content! Top company! Top support! A branch of MacProVideo, who have had a solid reputation for years, not least because one of the founders has been a treasured member/contributor to various music-tech forums over the years :tu:
Wow, your comment is worth 1$ for sure! :lol:

frackermak wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:33 amI know have a Balalaika in my arsenal!
Sounds painful! Take some Paracetamol, and lie down :hug:

Holon Mundi wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:27 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:25 pm Top content! Top company! Top support! A branch of MacProVideo, who have had a solid reputation for years, not least because one of the founders has been a treasured member/contributor to various music-tech forums over the years :tu:
Wow, your comment is worth 1$ for sure! :lol:
It's a great deal. Have fun :tu:

I've been trying to take advantage of that Ask.Audio promo but I can't get the secure checkout happening - clicking that button just sends me right back to the cart...

mjudge55 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:59 pm I've been trying to take advantage of that Ask.Audio promo but I can't get the secure checkout happening - clicking that button just sends me right back to the cart...
FWIW I just did it and everything went fine. I did use Paypal

Any way to download the streams from Ask.Audio for watching later (offline)?
Last edited by mladi on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

If it is streamed online, there are always methods to download the stream to watch locally. Browser plugins work the best. I won't name products but they are easily found. Appears that they use HLS for streaming, which is rather standard.
Does anyone know how long that the ask.audio $1 sale will last?
Answering myself. Sale lasts until 8 April.
Last edited by kidslow on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mladi wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:06 pm Any way to download the streams from Ask.Audio for watching later (offline)?
https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 pm
mjudge55 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:59 pm I've been trying to take advantage of that Ask.Audio promo but I can't get the secure checkout happening - clicking that button just sends me right back to the cart...
FWIW I just did it and everything went fine. I did use Paypal
I managed to get it working by switching to my linux laptop using firefox, whereas I couldn't get it going on my mac with safari or chrome.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”