Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ask.Audio's videos are great, but their website has a lot of issues, and their mobile apps are still in the app stores, but unsupported. Shame.
Last edited by dangayle on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm saving the paracetamol... 😬
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:42 pm
frackermak wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:33 amI know have a Balalaika in my arsenal!
Sounds painful! Take some Paracetamol, and lie down :hug:

Ask.Audio seems like a joke of a site as it can't even remember I'm logged in let alone allow me to purchase the flash sale.
Not exactly inspiring confidence. :ud:

agharta wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:36 pm Ask.Audio seems like a joke of a site as it can't even remember I'm logged in let alone allow me to purchase the flash sale.
Not exactly inspiring confidence. :ud:
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I had to switch over to a different browser.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:35 pm Fair enough. Though, ”no great articulation lists and techniques” is a huge understatement, once the number of those is a pure zero.
Having pairs of instruments with interlocking arpeggios pre-designed to sound good seems like a nice feature.

Well, there’s the old school Miroslav/EastWest/VSL way of sampling as many velocities as possible and then there’s the new school Spitfire/Heavyocity/Output way of using clever programming or doing altered sounds that require less realism. The Sonuscore Origins libraries are great composer tools even if they don’t provide the utmost realism and expressiveness.

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:05 am
Harry_HH wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:35 pm Fair enough. Though, ”no great articulation lists and techniques” is a huge understatement, once the number of those is a pure zero.
Having pairs of instruments with interlocking arpeggios pre-designed to sound good seems like a nice feature.
This seems to be matter of taste.
”Pairing” two instrument is just a nuicance for me - why? - because blending forced two instrument isn’t just working, and you have to use ”doubles”, because the single instruments are without arp etc. So, I always solo one of the pair.

Holon Mundi wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:22 pm I'm looking at the 1$ subscription at Ask Audio and I'm wondering about their reputation. I have no experience with them so what's the word, scammers?
I prefer Groove 3 now, but I got a lot of great things out of Ask. A lot comes down to the quality of the person making each tutorial series. I think Groove has a better ratio of good to bad, but the good stuff in Ask is also pretty great

Some amazing deals on PA this morning worth checking out haven't got time to provide links right now

Buckster wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:29 am Some amazing deals on PA this morning worth checking out haven't got time to provide links right now
The Unfiltered Audio Byome plus Triad bundle for 299.99$ is especially exciting! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Check.out some.of the other bundles though

sorry on computer now easier to type - check out the PA-SUB brand bundles they seem exceedingly good value for money ?

<edit> seems its per month !
Last edited by Buckster on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Buckster wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:02 am Check.out some.of the other bundles though

sorry on computer now easier to type - check out the PA-SUB brand bundles they seem exceedingly good value for money ?
That’s per month!

agharta wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:43 am
Buckster wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:02 am Check.out some.of the other bundles though

That’s per month!
doesn't say that anywhere on the product page or at checkout ?

<edit> well it does but its not very obvious as you have to click to a separate link - unlike the Mega one which has monthly all in the descriiption, in the title etc

zacha wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:36 am
Holon Mundi wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:22 pm I'm looking at the 1$ subscription at Ask Audio and I'm wondering about their reputation. I have no experience with them so what's the word, scammers?
I prefer Groove 3 now, but I got a lot of great things out of Ask. A lot comes down to the quality of the person making each tutorial series. I think Groove has a better ratio of good to bad, but the good stuff in Ask is also pretty great

This is for one month only... if you try to make an annual subscription it will show full price. It’s in the the wording but missed if read quickly. Apologies if this was self evident.

zacha wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:36 am
Still not working properly, cannot complete the order. Opened a support ticket

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”