sICk (ambient/noise/dub new master) by Mystahr

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, sorry to be in your ears again......- Under 6 minutes though.

"C" has got me inspired immensely (it could be I have more time on my hands, but alas it's not the case)
This could've been titled so many different ways (sIC, ICk, IC, I see, you get my drift I guess), but this is what I ended up with. I'm also starting to discover the mastering assistant to Neutron3 and Ozone9. Wow!

https://soundcloud.com/mystahr/sick

Okay, as mentioned below I wasn't satisfied with how this turned out after mastering. So I started anew this morning

https://soundcloud.com/mystahr/sick-1
Better? I think so.

Anyways, be patient. I see them series being forged into a whole soon which may make for quite the intense hearing session.
Last edited by mystahr on Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hrmmmm, apparently I need to learn compressing and mastering a bit more. As I played this last night on speakers the noise was way too much upfont, killing the vibe a bit. I’ll be addressing that later today. On headphones it doesn’t sound that awfull though.
Thoughts or hints on that?

Now including a new mastered version. Way better on the ears I think

The second upload has much less "noise" than the original, but I'm surprised that re-compressing/mastering alone would be able to achieve that level of reduction, unless you have a very funky multi-band limiter.

Great track. It's dubby/funky in all the "wrong" ways. I loved the percussion too.

Good work :)

I only listened to the second song. I did think it sounded a bit bright in the middle. I love the vocal at the beginning, and the very enjoyable tones/frequencys at the finish. I like this sort of electronic/dub, your song isn't a bad example of it. It didn't leave me yearning to hear the middle part of the song again, but i will be back to listen to your song again another day (maybe both versions and then i can comment on that).

seismic1 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:01 am The second upload has much less "noise" than the original, but I'm surprised that re-compressing/mastering alone would be able to achieve that level of reduction, unless you have a very funky multi-band limiter.
True, as I discovered the 'wrongdoing' on my part the mixing was changed as well. The noise had a support act I realized and needn't be so upfront. The middle part on the other hand in the first version I felt was funky as heck.
Like said, still learning in production and mastering techniques; I prefer going by ear.
But with that said, the izotope tools sure bring a helpful hand.

Cheers,

And yeah, once I may opt going for the 'EP' I may still do a final round of post production and mastering work.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:22 pm I only listened to the second song. I did think it sounded a bit bright in the middle. I love the vocal at the beginning, and the very enjoyable tones/frequencys at the finish. I like this sort of electronic/dub, your song isn't a bad example of it.
Cheers for the kind words. I'll take the 'bright middle' part along on a next or final run.

Return to “Music Cafe”