DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Any Chance to see a Port of your Script for the Maschine Jam? The Jam Script included in Bitwig works...but compared to your script yours would be better if usable on the Jam.
Same goes, for my oppinion, for your Mackie Control Script (that i use with my Maschine MK 1): The included Script works but yours works better ;-)

moss wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:48 am
moss wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:44 am
apoclypse wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:49 pm @moss Are we going to get User pages on other hardware, like the SLMKIII?
Who knows the future :-)
Uh, SLMkIII already supports user parameters!

See the manual: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... SLMkIII.md
I don't see any mention of User parameters page like you see on the Push. If it is already on the SLMKIII that's not in your documentation for the SLMKIII.

Can you clarify?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:31 pm
moss wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:48 am
moss wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:44 am
apoclypse wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:49 pm @moss Are we going to get User pages on other hardware, like the SLMKIII?
Who knows the future :-)
Uh, SLMkIII already supports user parameters!

See the manual: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... SLMkIII.md
I don't see any mention of User parameters page like you see on the Push. If it is already on the SLMKIII that's not in your documentation for the SLMKIII.

Can you clarify?
Ups, sorry, I was in a hurry answering. It is not yet supported.

Hi, I cant seem to get more than one extention to work with MCU script.

I am using it a bit differently but should work just the same.

I am using the latest DBM script and bitwig.

I am using 4 virtual ports from Bome and assigning 8 tracks per port with my controller.

The first 16 tracks work perfectly but any additional ports do not work at all...

Any ideas?

All I’m really trying to achieve is having all of my track record buttons on one launchpad mini page.

Thanks

ablethought wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 pm Hi, I cant seem to get more than one extention to work with MCU script.

I am using it a bit differently but should work just the same.

I am using the latest DBM script and bitwig.

I am using 4 virtual ports from Bome and assigning 8 tracks per port with my controller.

The first 16 tracks work perfectly but any additional ports do not work at all...

Any ideas?
Sorry, no idea. Just gave it a spin and it works fine. Maybe check the messages sent by your converter?!

Hello Moss,

would it be possible to send the name of the chosen preset inside a plugin via OSC? I don't know if the Bitwig API offers a function that holds the current preset name.
Do you want to use NI Komplete Kontrol MK2 controllers on Linux? Then check out the qKontrol project.

moss wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:57 am
TVbene wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 am 1) Does the session view follow the (pinnable) cursor track? I have a complex project setup for live looping and would like to have multiple Launchpad instances, each controlling the clips on a specific trackbank. Is it possible to pin it this way?
Yes. I do not have 2 identical models, so I could not test that but in therory that should work too.
BTW I tried but when I wanted to save the position of the cursor track with my standard project the setup got lost. When I reopened Bitwig the cursor track was still shown as pinned to the right track in the I/O panel but the session view was mapped to tracks 1-8 again. I then used multiple variations of another script with scrollToChannel so I'm fine, but maybe you want to look into it.

GoaSkin wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:17 pm Hello Moss,

would it be possible to send the name of the chosen preset inside a plugin via OSC? I don't know if the Bitwig API offers a function that holds the current preset name.
It would only be the preset of the selected device. For that you could try to use the browser selection, if that is of any help.

Just release Version 8.96!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • All devices
    • New: Included PDF manual
    • Fixed: Fixed several issues with user modes
  • APC40 MkII
    • New: Added user mode
  • Launchkey Mini Mk III
    • New: Option to remove the master and group-master tracks from the track bank (requires restart of extension).
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Do not switch to play mode when changing tracks in Volume, Pan and Send modes.
  • MCU
    • New: Option+Tempo/Ticks toggles between displaying the time or beats. Tempo/Ticks toggles the display of ticks/milliseconds or the current tempo for the last 3 digits. Both are also available in the settings.
    • Fixed: Fixed some issues with fader touch
  • Novation SLMkIII
    • New: Added user mode. Long press the UP button and then 8th row button below the display. Page names are configurable in the settings.
  • OSC
    • Fixed: /time/str now really sends the time (did send measures before)
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Cancel notification message when changing modes
    • Fixed: Position now really shows the time (did display measures before)
Enjoy!

Launchkey Mini Mk III
New: Option to remove the master and group-master tracks from the track bank (requires restart of extension).
Just tested and it works excellent! Thanks again!

Hello Moss,

Thanks for the update. The right time and beat position information can be received now.

Regarding the parameter information (/device/param/[1-8]/*) and OSC, the information is sent well via UDP as long as a native Bitwig device is selected. If a VST plugin is selected, the information is sent with empty values. Would it be possible to support the VST controls in a future version or does Bitwig not provide the necessary data for scripting?
Do you want to use NI Komplete Kontrol MK2 controllers on Linux? Then check out the qKontrol project.

Two questions re Mackie MCU script (have an older style MCU + extender):

The display on the extender doesn't show anything, it just has default mackie text, is this intended?
Is it always assumed the extender is placed before the MCU or is possible to change to the other way around? (I have it after).

GoaSkin wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:11 pm Hello Moss,

Thanks for the update. The right time and beat position information can be received now.

Regarding the parameter information (/device/param/[1-8]/*) and OSC, the information is sent well via UDP as long as a native Bitwig device is selected. If a VST plugin is selected, the information is sent with empty values. Would it be possible to support the VST controls in a future version or does Bitwig not provide the necessary data for scripting?
I only support Remote Controls, which means you can map the parameters you need yourself.

raveystabs wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:22 pm The display on the extender doesn't show anything, it just has default mackie text, is this intended?
Is display 1 enabled in the settings?
raveystabs wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:22 pm Is it always assumed the extender is placed before the MCU or is possible to change to the other way around? (I have it after).
That's how it currently is. Now with the fix in 3.1.3 it should be possible to create an option, will put it on the wishlist.

moss wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:03 am Is display 1 enabled in the settings?
Yes, please see my setting attached and a picture of the mcu + extender.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Controller Scripting”