Orb Composer S 1.5.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orb Composer Artist S Orb Composer Pro S

Hi Etienne1973,
For me it finaly works in muting each bus container and pressing record for the good articulation.
And record for the Chords track
Protools 9, Logic Pro X, Studio One 4.5, Orb Composer, Kontakt 6.2.2, Mac Pro, OSX 10.12, 64Gb RAM.

Crashed after 5 minutes and new plugins crashed twice my DAW and twice the OS in 20 minutes. When i see comment history, I wonder why this software is still online. A lot of issues, paid minor upgrades, bad support, but yet new products and upgrade every few months to get money from existing users. So bad, the interface looks good and the generator are not too bad (no AI there)

sbusso wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:16 am Crashed after 5 minutes and new plugins crashed twice my DAW and twice the OS in 20 minutes. When i see comment history, I wonder why this software is still online. A lot of issues, paid minor upgrades, bad support, but yet new products and upgrade every few months to get money from existing users. So bad, the interface looks good and the generator are not too bad (no AI there)
Are you speaking about Orb Composer 1.5.1?
Which OS (Mac or PC)?
Which plugins?
Wich DAW?

If you're are using Orb as standalone you will need a lot of RAM.
Depending the sample instruments library used.

I was using Orb Composer 1.5.1 as standalone with the full orchestral template and the software didn't want to open it after routing. It crashed everytime. I was run it on a Mac Pro with 64Gb of RAM!!!

Now, I use it connected with a DAW. Studio One (easy routing),
And I want to use it with Logic Pro X but it is not so easy to use.
Protools 9, Logic Pro X, Studio One 4.5, Orb Composer, Kontakt 6.2.2, Mac Pro, OSX 10.12, 64Gb RAM.

Hi All! Quick question (apologies if this was already answered earlier in the thread....its been a few days since i looked thru this).

Plugin Boutique has a sale on these until like 4/13 i think. Artist is a good price and I know it is stripped down, but i cant find a comparison chart any with the differences nowadays....

I recall that 'modes' were limited to major/minor and i think time signatures were reduced? What about any of the main functionality? midi editing, curves, etc?

I have been trying the 1.5 demo and I think its much slicker that their earlier offerings. I have the producer suite and a a fan in general. I don't think i need to splash for the full meal deal...

Any insight would be appreciated!

dopet wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:28 pm Hi All! Quick question (apologies if this was already answered earlier in the thread....its been a few days since i looked thru this).

Plugin Boutique has a sale on these until like 4/13 i think. Artist is a good price and I know it is stripped down, but i cant find a comparison chart any with the differences nowadays....

I recall that 'modes' were limited to major/minor and i think time signatures were reduced? What about any of the main functionality? midi editing, curves, etc?

I have been trying the 1.5 demo and I think its much slicker that their earlier offerings. I have the producer suite and a a fan in general. I don't think i need to splash for the full meal deal...

Any insight would be appreciated!
I have a vague recollection that all of the scales and time signatures are all available in the S 1.5 Artist. You can download a trial version from Plugin Boutique to be sure. Also, bear in mind that the Artist version can only be purchased from Plugin Boutique (only an upgrade from Artist 1.4 to 1.5 can be purchased at the Orb-Composer.com web site).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hi! Many thanks. I didn’t know about downloading the trial from plugin boutique. I downloaded the demo from Hexachords proper. Will check that out!

dopet wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:25 am Hi! Many thanks. I didn’t know about downloading the trial from plugin boutique. I downloaded the demo from Hexachords proper. Will check that out!
Please let us all know if Artist S 1.5 (demo) limits the amount of available scales and time signatures. Sorry, I do not have the time to check it out myself.

Thanks!
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hi,

Well the demo from Plugin Boutique seemed to be the same as the demo I got from Hexachords. I went and bought Artist anyhow.

Interestingly, here is what i find while i'm in Artist 1.5.1:

Under modes I have: Major, Minor, Ionian, Dorian, Phyrigian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeloian, Locrian... basically all the common modes.
Under time signatures: while a number are listed, you can only choose 4/4...
Under the chords section: there is a pant load of chords there from major to minor thru 7ths, sus, diminished, etc (verified you can use them)
Under instruments: they all seem to be there

All the curves for editing are there, etc, etc.... The only thing that I noticed different was a few templates unavailable, not chord chopping withing a measure, only 4/4.

I only demo'd the full version a while back and shortly yesterday, so I cant be 100% certain of what else may be missing. It seems that the artist version is be great for my needs.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions. :)

**EDITED - trying to get the correct info out there about the differences**
Last edited by dopet on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I thought that Artist didn't include complex chords (7s, dim, sus, etc)?

If that truly is Artist it's a good deal.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Well, that's what I thought too.... It's Artist V1.5.1. :) I don't know if they did something wrong, unlocked more features for the quarantine?? wait.. the release notes for 1.5 --- all chords added to artist starting at V1.5

Releases notes v1.5.1 Artist :

New in 1.5.1

- Added Catalina compatibility on MAC
- Fixed crashes when creating clips from Violin and Cello solos
- Fixed themes changing to Theme Copies when changing block structures
- Fixed curves changing to incorrect type when changing block structure

New Features (1.5.0)

- New General AI Engine
- New Melody Engine
- New Bass Engine
- New Arpeggio Engine
- New Chord Progression Engine
- Midi Editor
- New Orchestration Engine
- Smart Melody Import (harmonizes now)
- New clip parameters
- Drum Sequencer
- Added a deformation curve
- Changed the instruments roles wording
- New Role Melody Motif
- Added all chords to Orb Artist
- Faster Graphical User Interface
- Changed the fonts for clarity
- Changed some icons
- Many other small features

Wow, it sounds like just about everything is now included in Artist S 1.5 except for the Strings and Orchestra templates, the Orb AI Curve for Orchestra, and Chord Splitting. Well then, Orb Composer S Artist is a much better product now than it ever was. Since 2020, new licenses of Artist S 1.5 are no longer being sold by Orb-Composer.com; you can only get one from Plugin Boutique.

Hi!

just checked the chord splitting thing you mentioned... it doesn't appear to be possible in Artist. the chords show 4/4 underneath them in a block and you cant change that.

wait hold the phone... i am a liar.. :( i was speaking to soon above... i can only pick 4/4 for time signature though they are all listed. My fault for not checking (was looking over things quickly). If i can figure it out, I will edit the above post...

I was also trying to identify what features were included in the Artist S 1.5+ version that PluginBoutique offers as it's apparent that more than Major/Minor is included and no real comparison chart is available.

From my understanding many features are now included except for time signatures other than 4/4, mid bar changes, and the orchestral support and template.

The question that I have pertains to what I understand is a change to what can be done when a MIDI melody is imported into the software. My understanding from some of the Youtube tutorials is that as of Orb Composer Pro 1.5, you could import a melody and it would basically try to create several tracks as a sort of accompaniment or orchestration to attempt to play along with this imported MIDI melody. Whereas previous version apparently allowed you to import a melody but it could not create accompaniment tracks. Is this feature still limited to the Pro version or have they added it to this Artist 1.5 version?

Hello everyone,
I have a question in ORB 1.5.1:

How to save a custom user chords progression in the user setting menu?
Is there a shortcut or mouse action to do?

For exemple, ORB is providing this, and I want to save it as user Chords progression.
How to save it in the user menu?

I can't find it
and there is no user manual for it...

Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Botox1 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:51 pmI can't find it
and there is no user manual for it...

Thank you in advance.
I do not see anything about it in the manual: https://orb-composer-wszhqtjkj7xhcykjvf ... sh-1.5.pdf

It would seem that custom chord progressions may not be saved as presets. The feature would be worthy of a feature request.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”