Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Yup, just tested - seems a lot more stable and friendly! You can really tell the difference by browsing presets. zero crackles or spikes. Thanks so much for the update! And as always - it sounds amazing.

I Love Viper so Much :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you, I am extremely happy that things are finally working like they should and its working smoothly! If you like Viper, please consider writing a review on it on the KVR database, so more people can discover it ;)
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Very nice update. Cpu is very low. Some minor spikes on the arp/sequencer but not nearly as bad as it used to be (maybe a third now). No spikes at all on regular (non-sequenced) patches.

Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks for the update. Much better performance until you automate a parameter while the GUI is open. Then the spikes are back. Also, sometimes I get stuck notes on the arp, when changing presets.

Thanks for the feedback. More GUI optimizations will be done (along with skinning) in a future update, so hopefully the automation spikes when the GUI is open will be gone as well. The stuck note on the arp is a known issue, I havent found a fix yet, but I wanted to release this version anyway. On certain occasions note off messages are not sent from the arp and you get a stuck note. The make it unstuck you have to press the key thats stuck on on your keyboard to send the note off message.

Thanks alot Adam, I just tested the new update in Cubase, studio one and ableton live. All playing great with low latency, cpu performance is great. Great job on this, I've been playing with the virus B and viper together on tracks, and this synth sounds amazing next to the real thing, yet more modern sounding like the Ti!!
This should be a no Brainer for anyone who wants a virus in the box! This vsti is the closest it comes to the virus. BUY It!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

what an awesome update, thank you Adam!

Thanks a lot Adam!

It is one of my favourite synths! Thanks a lol for update!

I love Goa Trance like Astral Projection, Man With No Name... Will be great if there will be more presets for Goa, like I mentioned these artists...

Tried the demo, but still cpu spikes here with every preset switch. Also crashes Cubase regularly (closing down Cubase immediately).
Weird thing is that the first soundbank seems to work fine and i can edit sounds and arps without any problem, altho with a slight laggy reaction. But as soon as i switch to another soundbank, the misery starts : lots of presets just sound like a glitch, some don't even make sound at all. And i can't edit anything without crashing.

Tested in a fairly empty project. Win7 Cubase 10.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:56 pm Tried the demo, but still cpu spikes here with every preset switch. Also crashes Cubase regularly (closing down Cubase immediately).
Weird thing is that the first soundbank seems to work fine and i can edit sounds and arps without any problem, altho with a slight laggy reaction. But as soon as i switch to another soundbank, the misery starts : lots of presets just sound like a glitch, some don't even make sound at all. And i can't edit anything without crashing.

Tested in a fairly empty project. Win7 Cubase 10.
Maybe the Demo is still v.1.05?

It plays great in Cubase 10.5 on my rig.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

dionenoid wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:56 pm Tried the demo, but still cpu spikes here with every preset switch. Also crashes Cubase regularly (closing down Cubase immediately).
The preset switching cpu spikes are probably caused of some internal calculations, as I mentioned, I hope they will be lower when I redo the entire GUI code along with optimizing stuff further.

I have extensively tested the new udpate in Cubase 10 and I got no crashes at all. I cannot fix something I cannot reproduce. Would you please PM me your email, so I could contact you, and try to figure out what the problem is together. Thanks

adamtrance wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:27 am
The preset switching cpu spikes are probably caused of some internal calculations, as I mentioned, I hope they will be lower when I redo the entire GUI code along with optimizing stuff further.

I have extensively tested the new udpate in Cubase 10 and I got no crashes at all. I cannot fix something I cannot reproduce. Would you please PM me your email, so I could contact you, and try to figure out what the problem is together. Thanks
Yeah i shall test some more today. If the problems keep happening i'll pm you. Thanx :tu:
More BPM please

I do not want to sound like a cheerleader. But I'm very very glad, that I decided to update this time. Just testing the soundbanks in Cubase. Got goosebumps, because I have the impression that this is a milestone since its release. VERY cpu friendly, depending on number of voices! After more than two years I will start to produce with Viper as my main synth, without worries about the performance. Going to enjoy all the old and new presets again, and make some nks files. Thank you, Adam!
One suggestion: Would it be possible to add a scale option to the arpeggiator? The randomizing is brilliant, I could imagine that it would be amazing, when the results would sound instantly in key.

Return to “Instruments”