Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
User avatar
Calenberger
KVRian
1432 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:25 am

dupont wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Reaper is far ahead, if you know how to use all that fancy girls. :D
:o :scared: :roll:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

dupont
KVRian
924 posts since 23 Jun, 2007

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:50 am

Calenberger wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:25 am
dupont wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Reaper is far ahead, if you know how to use all that fancy girls. :D
:o :scared: :roll:
containment will makes us mad isn't it ? :D

dupont
KVRian
924 posts since 23 Jun, 2007

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:54 am

dupont wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:50 am
Calenberger wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:25 am
dupont wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Reaper is far ahead, if you know how to use all that fancy girls. :D
:o :scared: :roll:
containment will make us mad isn't it ? :D

dupont
KVRian
924 posts since 23 Jun, 2007

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:55 am

Calenberger wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:25 am
dupont wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Reaper is far ahead, if you know how to use all that fancy girls. :D
:o :scared: :roll:
containment will make us mad isn't it ? :D

User avatar
toonertik
KVRAF
2474 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:02 am

dupont wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:55 am
Calenberger wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:25 am
dupont wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Reaper is far ahead, if you know how to use all that fancy girls. :D
:o :scared: :roll:
containment will make us mad isn't it ? :D
Are you Welsh :?:

Kinh
KVRian
1367 posts since 26 Aug, 2012

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:15 pm

I think working with dubstep, the preferred method would be from a vst, not manipulating audio.
Ableton is probably the most user friendly for audio manipulation, anyway.
I can't see too many people making an argument here that it's not one of the best. Things like being able to scroll through an audio clip, drag segments without cutting, stretching, wrapping algorithms, easy reverse/fades make it stand above the others for usability.

tooneba
KVRian
1358 posts since 6 Nov, 2012

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:33 pm

I don't listen dubstep.

revvy
KVRian
1028 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:38 pm

dreamstate42 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:12 am
dupont wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Are you silly, that not what they want to hear. They want you to say Ableton is the best. You can lost time to give evidences, no, live is best because several fake producers said I use it and it is ultra promoted by corrupted music magazines. Have you noticed they never write about Reaper!
Reaper is far ahead, if you know how to use it, but ableton marketing is sooooo cool and all that fancy girls. :D
Of all the borderline fanatic comments I've seen about Reaper over the years, this one has to be my personal winner, blowing right past any kind of reason straight into conspiracy territory. Kudos.
Borderline..?
no sig

dupont
KVRian
924 posts since 23 Jun, 2007

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:03 pm

dreamstate42 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:12 am
dupont wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Are you silly, that not what they want to hear. They want you to say Ableton is the best. You can lost time to give evidences, no, live is best because several fake producers said I use it and it is ultra promoted by corrupted music magazines. Have you noticed they never write about Reaper!
Reaper is far ahead, if you know how to use it, but ableton marketing is sooooo cool and all that fancy girls. :D
Of all the borderline fanatic comments I've seen about Reaper over the years, this one has to be my personal winner, blowing right past any kind of reason straight into conspiracy territory. Kudos.
Are you a politician ? everything against what you think is conspiracy.
same think in sport, every champions are on gear but has there are no evidences, there don't take roids, until 10 years after the end of there career they write a book and admitted they do :hihi:

revvy
KVRian
1028 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:20 pm

dupont wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:03 pm
dreamstate42 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:12 am
dupont wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Are you silly, that not what they want to hear. They want you to say Ableton is the best. You can lost time to give evidences, no, live is best because several fake producers said I use it and it is ultra promoted by corrupted music magazines. Have you noticed they never write about Reaper!
Reaper is far ahead, if you know how to use it, but ableton marketing is sooooo cool and all that fancy girls. :D
Of all the borderline fanatic comments I've seen about Reaper over the years, this one has to be my personal winner, blowing right past any kind of reason straight into conspiracy territory. Kudos.
Are you a politician ? everything against what you think is conspiracy.
same think in sport, every champions are on gear but has there are no evidences, there don't take roids, until 10 years after the end of there career they write a book and admitted they do :hihi:
Cool story brah.
no sig

dupont
KVRian
924 posts since 23 Jun, 2007

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:05 am

revvy wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:20 pm

Cool story brah.
Cool comment, usefull :help:

revvy
KVRian
1028 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 am

dupont wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:05 am
revvy wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:20 pm

Cool story brah.
Cool comment, usefull :help:
Read the small-print.

It's a f**king Ableton thread. Your opinions on athletes are as irrelevant.
no sig

dreamstate42
KVRist
59 posts since 13 Jan, 2019

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:59 am

dupont wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:03 pm
Are you a politician ? everything against what you think is conspiracy.
same think in sport, every champions are on gear but has there are no evidences, there don't take roids, until 10 years after the end of there career they write a book and admitted they do :hihi:
I'm one of those crazy people that like to see proof. Anyone can make crazy claims like "fake producers" and "corrupt magazines", but as long as you cannot even present the tiniest bit of evidence, what you say means absolutely nothing. The cherry on top is the fact that you immediately resort to ad hominems the moment your comments get challanged (among many other fallacies and biases you use as "arguments").
Frequently changing DAW of choice...

User avatar
Vladislav_Gronk
KVRist
84 posts since 14 Sep, 2019

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:00 am

I think editing audio volume in Ableton is slow.

Image

Image

Both Ableton and Bitwig suffer from not being able to do enough straight on the timeline. The separate edit window workflow isn't the fastest when you just want to make quick change and move on.

Trancit
KVRAF
2742 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:37 am

Vladislav_Gronk wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:00 am
I think editing audio volume in Ableton is slow.

Image

Image

Both Ableton and Bitwig suffer from not being able to do enough straight on the timeline. The separate edit window workflow isn't the fastest when you just want to make quick change and move on.
Perhaps you´ve got the wrong workflow whatever you try to achieve there...
I find for sure many stuff which is hard to do in Reaper too...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”